[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any recommendations for a budget tube amp under $700. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: original.jpg (208 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
208 KB, 1600x1200
Any recommendations for a budget tube amp under $700. I've been looking at a Vox Ac 15.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>65192580
Used Fender Twin so you can do your best Steve Howe impression
>>
Crate palomno v32/v3112
Traynor ycv20 or ycv40

These 2 are utter steals if you find them for under 300. About the right price for for higher then that
>>
80 watt Fender mustang does the trick for me
>>
What kind of sound are you looking for? What kind of music do you play?
>>
>>65193480
I need a nice blues lead tone to jam with the bois, and also want a nice clean
>>
>>65192580
I got a box AC15C1 recently and its fucking amazing. Has an excellent clean channel with another top boost channel which is very bright and clear. Gets pretty loud and Also isn't as pricey as the AC30
>>
>>65193601

Vox Ac15 is definitely what you want. Fender Blues Jr would be another good option.
>>
>>65193604
How is the reverb and tremolo? How loud is it?
>>
there's that cringy as fuck youtube channel with the two british dudes at the music store - they recently reviewed a new fender tube amp that is cheap as shit brand new. Bluesbreaker? Something like that.
>>
>>65192580
BUY IT USED, look up the price estimate on reverb.com
>>
>>65193775

Bassbreaker. It's a single channel based on a Marshall Bluesbreaker. Probably a little too extreme for op
>>
>>65193810
op here, I was looking at one, but it was just a little too "gainy" for me
>>
>>65194005

The AC15 would definitely serve you well. Maybe get an overdrive to put in front for lead tones.
>>
>>65192687
This guy has the right idea. I don't know what they go for now, but you used to be able to get used 70s silverface Fender amps in that range all day long.
>>
a buddy has an AC15, really got me thinking that it will be my next amp. don't really see any reason to go up to an AC30 anymore.
>>
Egnater, search.
>>
>>65192580
i have an ac15. its one of the purple ones they released a few years ago. it sounds great. it gets loud. the tremolo sounds really good. i dont use the reverb much. its unique and sounds great but to be honest i just immediately bought it because it was fucking purple and had tubes inside so i didnt even think twice.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.