[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Beatles are the best band ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (414 KB, 1000x1498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414 KB, 1000x1498
you /mu fucker shit all over the Beatles but they're amazing. Call me up the next time you write happiness is a warm gun or hey Jude
>>
Kinks > Beatles
>>
File: '.gif (144 KB, 152x148) Image search: [Google]
'.gif
144 KB, 152x148
>>65191866
>Call me up the next time you write happiness is a warm gun or hey Jude
the critic is the real artist
>>
>>65191866
I get it. They aren't offensive and they have clever chord changes.

That doesn't make them the best band ever though.
>>
Next time Paul McCartney writes I Cum Blood, Scatterbrain, or Race with the Devil on a Spanish Highway, you let me know.
>>
>>65191866
not the best ever, but very influential, and undeniably good.

>>65191875
kinks are (mostly) shit

>>65191877
Scaruffy is soooooo shitty.
>>
>>65191866
don't drink and /mu/ folks
>>
>>65191866
DUBS SPEAK THE TRUTH!
>>
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>65192114
>mfw I simultaneously think both The Beatles and Coltrane are sublime

fite me
>>
>>65192362
Coltrane himself is nothing compared to Sonny Rollins.
>>
>>65191866
I love em', but I don't think they're the "best band of all time." I don't think any band holds that title.
>>
>>65191955
>Scaruffy is soooooo shitty.
Call me up the next time you write the Beatles copypasta
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.