[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the FUCK is this faggot as popular as he is? I am ashamed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: chance-the-rapper-suprise-album.png (458 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
chance-the-rapper-suprise-album.png
458 KB, 1200x675
How the FUCK is this faggot as popular as he is? I am ashamed of the human race for financially supporting this cum stain on his rise to fame.
>annoying ass voice
>only raps about acid and getting suspended from school
>mediocre production
>awful fanbase

People always tell me that he's so "fresh" and "experimental," so can someone honestly explain how some privileged fucking douchebag NA NAing over some repetitive fucking fruity loops beat is "revolutionizing" the rap game? He's a fuckboy incarnate and represents everything wrong with this generation's youth. If you like this guy, please do the world a favor and end your miserable life.

Real rap fans know this guy is garbage.
>>
you mad NA NA NA NA NA NA
>>
>>65187933
i needed some new pasta, thanks man
>>
>>65187933
pc light skin black guy who relates to other pc nu-males and females who come from privilege lifes but feel bad about the patriarchy or some shit
>>
Yeah, Slug Christ is way better
>>
>>65187956
AH AH AH AH
>>
>>65187975
This isn't pasta or bait. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE TELL ME WHY EVERYONE RIDES THIS DUDES DICK
>>
Acid Rap was flawed, but the flaws really worked well with the character he was trying to portray. Hip hop's flawed yet charming albums are mostly more dark and crazy or insane. Chance's approach to it is more like idk, AnCo's earlier stuff maybe, in that it hits that childhood/young person feel in general. That makes him not flawed but charming but also more relatable too.

Coloring Book is awful stuff though. It's like they tried to replicate what happened with Acid Rap but this time major label style and failed miserably of course.
>>
>wondering who smoking in my car
>it was that nigga channo aka mr bennet aka tony montano
>>
Kicked out from school again-oh
They know my name ih Chainoooo
Acid clean my soul like drainooo
There hope at the end of the rainbow!

Tell me who again who da realest who da real nigga?
For deez muhfuckas, gotta be clear nigga
I'm up in ya block tryna make a deal nigga!

Throw in some horns and trumpets and presto, I just wrote the intro to Chance's new single coming out this November and it only took me 1 minute and 19 seconds.
>>
when people don't like Chance i know they don't know rap and they get caught up on superficial things like a dude's voice

sorry you don't get it homie but you come off like enough of a douchebag that i don't care to try to help you understand something

you're missing out on 1 of the top 5 most exciting rappers today
>>
>>65188046
What "character" is he trying to portray? An annoying fuckboy? If so, then I guess he IS a genius because he pulls it off so well...

Also I should mention I knew him in high school and his fans were the worst type of people you can imagine (fake gangster, privileged faggots)
>>
>>65188110
now it makes sense, OP's girl got BLACKED
>>
>>65188087
those bars are worse than you think they are, anon
>>
>Real rap fans
>>
>>65188109
Fuck off. There are so many other Chicago rappers who deserve the spotlight but get overlooked. I knew this cat personally and I know other rappers who are superior in terms of technical skill and raw emotion. I DO get rap motherfucker. I was born in the shit and I'm willing to bet I "know" rap better than some fucking neckbeard on an internet forum.
>>
>>65188024
People always tell me that he's so "fresh" and "experimental," so can someone honestly explain how some privileged fucking douchebag NA NAing over some repetitive fucking fruity loops beat is "revolutionizing" the rap game? He's a fuckboy incarnate and represents everything wrong with this generation's youth. If you like this guy, please do the world a favor and end your miserable life.
>>
>>65188153
yup and Chance's are better than he thinks they are
>>
>>65187933
I dunno what it is but some of his songs just make me feel good whenever I listen to them, like Favorite Song or Chain Smoker. I also like his voice, at least on Acid Rap, I didn't really like most of Coloring Book
>>
>>65187933
Is that you Politikz?
>>
>>65188166
name them or you don't know shit
>>
OP here. I'm from Chicago and I know him personally. He's overrated and there are so many rappers out of Chicago that are superior to Chance the faggot in every way.

An example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5fmb7_chVE
>>
>>65188191
lil herb, lil bibby, lil durk, fredo santana, king louie
>>
i hated acid rap and chance's weird ass singing at first, but it really grew on me to the point that it ended up being one of my favorite mixtapes and acid rain one of my favorite hip-hop songs ever. i think the same may happen with coloring book, but I'm on the fourth listen or so and i still don't like it much. idk
>>65188274
lil herb started off great, but his music's turned to shit lately
>>
>>65188306
> his music's turned to shit lately
Let me guess you haven't given BLIK a listen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkLPal4qt50
>>
>>65188274
these guys are better at being savages
not so much at rhyming
>>
>>65188360
>not so much at rhyming
I know I've posted lil herb like 3 times already in this thread but honestly how can you listen to this and tell me herbo isn't a lyrical genius:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4qJv48xbyo
>>
idk man the proper rip just came out, it's on what and tidal and it's dope
>>
>>65188486
how much better does it sound?
dl'ed off of what already, just haven't had time to listen
>>
The production and mixing on Coloring Book was PERFECTION besides the first track.
>>
>>65188595
>>65189640
Pretty much this, every song sounded much better excluding "All We Got". The first track just had too shitty of a mix and composition that a good master wouldn't do shit.
>>
fuck this faggot shit. pussy ass rap just like Drake or Logic.
>>
>>65187933
he stands out with his quirks which consequently makes him a unique voice in hip hop, and

>>65188046
this. his flaws add character to his mixtapes. it would be better without the flaws, but hey.

idk man. you're not really supposed to sit down and analyze his music, there's not really a whole lot going on besides his good production and unique style, which isn't a bad thing
>>
>>65187933
>financially supporting
releases his music for free like the hero he is
>>
>FUCK faggot shit fuck PUSSY fuck fuckin sucks

^how people who don't like Chance the Rapper talk
AKA real tough 13 year olds with taste and braindeads
>>
>>65188274
Lil Herb has no flow whatsoever.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.