[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so good /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 300x265
Why is this so good /mu/?
>>
It's not, they surpassed it with Transient Noise Bursts before it and Dots and Loops after it

ETK is just pleb shite, no experimentation
>>
>>65183244
>no experimentation

Implying music has to be better if it experiments.
>>
Dots and Loops is their best but all their nineties records are to some extent fantastic.
>>
>>65183264
Montie you can't even explain yourself why music is good or bad. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>65183222
STOP LIKING MY FAVORITE RECORDS MONTIE YOU FAGGOT
>>
- The Noise Carpet
All the reason you need, also Metronomic Underground is gr8 listen on drugs
>>
>>65183301
Yes I can. Read my review of Goodness pleb
>>
>>65183264
they also refined their sound on Transient Noise Bursts, not that you'd know. you're a clueless idiot, it's embarrassing how defensive you are about people insulting your entry level taste while you shit on anything remotely interesting
>>
>>65183264
but that's when stereolab are at heir best
>>
>>65183329
I've read your reviews, and your lists. How did you pass English class? You write like an elementary school student with your repetitive constructions in sentences and incredibly basic vocabulary. I honestly think you have some kind of a disability.
>pleb
You haven't even fucking heard their other albums, you piece of shit.
>>
File: rrrrr.png (46 KB, 1429x337) Image search: [Google]
rrrrr.png
46 KB, 1429x337
>>65183329
i'm laughing so hard hahahhahha

are you acutally mentally handicapped??
>>
>it's a "shit on Montie's basic taste" thread

good
>>
>Much like their last album Home, Like Noplace Is There, the band continues on this balance between emo and indie rock, but unlike their last release this album is far more indie rock and much less emo

THIS IS AN ACTUAL REVIEW THAT HE TOLD US TO READ
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>65183222
Because leftists are better at creating art.
>>
>>65183413
Marcel's reviews are Shakespeare-tier in comparison jfc hahahaha
>>
>>65183510
hahahahahaha wow you're actually right
Marcel's a better writer than Montie
this is, jesus christ
wow

puts things in perspective
>>
>>65183413
My reviews rarely go on for more than three sentences because this is exactly what I'm afraid I'd end up writing otherwise.
>>
>>65183329
>Yes I can
Nope.
>Read my review of Goodness
It's embarrassingly bad. Your scores don't even make any sense. It's pathetic that you act so high and mighty when you are nothing more than alt-Pitchfork without even the semblance of being a passable writer that shithole has.
>pleb
This is proof enough that you shouldn't be writing reviews. Not only are they filled with meaningless drivel meant to impress people as stupid as you, but they also happen to be some of the most uninspired and bland criticism I've seen in my life. At least try to steal the writing style of an critic who can write well. It's immediately clear that you've ever read anything from Lester Bangs or even Christgau.
>>65183510
Absolutely true. Marcel isn't a great writer but his reviews have structure and are perfectly fine, even great compared to the garbage Montie puts out.
>>
sometimes I wonder if my rather mediocre music reviews (that get praised) are actually a big fucking deal, and most people just write crap like Montie does

like is writing a cogent review or paper that isn't just "I went to school. I played tennis. It was fun" supposed to be a high accomplishment?
>>
>>65183622
desu I now remember some of his older reviews (Marcel's) and they were basically what Montie puts out right now

except Marcel was FUCKING FOURTEEN
>>
File: 1342420790900.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1342420790900.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>>65183703
>>65183622
>>65183585
>>65183519
>>65183510
>>65183448
>Montie outted as the retard he is
delicious
>>
File: 283848548.jpg (8 KB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
283848548.jpg
8 KB, 298x224
>>65183413
>Rating 6.2
>Gives 2 and a half stars
>>
>>65183752
oh this happens every thread Montie tries to be taken seriously
and then even when he's shitposting and trying to act like he doesn't care, if you point out "hey I thought you wanted to be taken seriously as a musician?" he'll get sad

I'd be OK with Montie if he dropped the trip and stopped pretending he has good taste
>>
MONTIE WHERE U @ BITCH
>>
>>65183931
He ran
As he is liable to do
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.