[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pink Floyd - The wall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 600x600
Thoughts on the album and the film?
>>
>>65182850
Kino
>>
>>65182932
What does that mean???
>>
>>65183002
It means cinema
>>
>>65183002
Kinography. /tv/ memeshit
>>
>>65182850
"Hi my ego is huge, anyways here is a deep album called "the wall" oh my dad died too"
>>
>>65182850
my daddy died, the two disc interactive
>>
>>65183307
Hey you I'm billable the dog
>>
Good album, great film. Scarfe's animations are incredible, out of this world.
It's not PF's best though.
>>
a melodramatic album, is pretty bad
>>
>>65182850
Good but too much filler, as the music has to give way for plot progression to many times.
>>
GOOD MORNING WORM YOUR HONOR
>>
>>65182850
album: 10/10
film: 8/10

anyone who uses the words "filler", "daddy died", "deep", are contrarian pleb morons who are also probably white americans who never faced war, depression, alienation, divorce.
>>
>>65184023
You switched those ratings, boy
>>
9/10 album. Never seen the movie.
>>
File: 1462737345688.png (1 MB, 680x850) Image search: [Google]
1462737345688.png
1 MB, 680x850
>>65184023

>anyone who uses the words buzzword, buzzword, buzzword, are buzzwrody buzzword buzzwords who are also buzzword buzzword buzzwords who buzzword faced war, depression, alienation, divorce.

Try again?
>>
>>65184092
>not seem the godfather of musical
Fag
>>
SHIT ON 'IM
>>
>>65182850
I've had some moments with this album through the years and the main thing that has stuck with me is the theme of persecution. How it all culminates in a "trial" was a holy shit moment when I connected it with my own fears of being judged by society, which is a recurring theme in my mind and manifests itself in me daydreaming a lot that I am in fact on trial and I'm defending myself for some crime or other but it's basically a "me vs. society" trial...

So, the album contains a lot that is deep rooted within the human psyche and anyone dismissing it in this thread is probably missing out on a lot of it.
>>
>>65185406
Also, the fear that EVERYONE has of rejection and judgement of our peers, makes all of us develop masks and walls. The final message of acceptance at the end is really beautiful. When your walls are torn down and you're exposed to all your peers...
>>
Among my least favorite PF albums in studio version.
Sold live version among my favorites. The slightly faster playing is really spicing it up.
>>
WAS CAUGHT RED HANDED SHOWING FEELINGS
SHOWING FEELINGS OF AN ALMOST HUMAN NATURE
THIS WILL NOT DO
>>
Pretty boring album for the most of it. The lyrical/concept themes for the album are cool, but that doesn't give it a pass for being so lackadaisical in musical depth compared to their works that we love so much. This album is the epitome of one that tells more than it shows which makes that enormous length all the more baffling.
>>
>>65186021
>This album is the epitome of one that tells more than it shows
I don't quite know what you mean. Even if the music is somewhat shallow for Pink Floyd, I feel like every song fulfills its purpose within the story quite well. Everybody keeps saying there's "filler," but I can't think of anything I'd want to see cut.
>>
WANNA TAKE A BAAAAAAAATH?!
>>
dont you have anything better to do than post about your shit album on 4chan waters
>>
>>65185406
>>65185640
What's most interesting to me about The Wall is the way that it juxtaposes this universal, very sympathetic theme of social isolation and fear of rejection with a protagonist who is by and large a complete asshole and doesn't realize it until the very end. It goes to show how going through life seeing yourself as the victim and looking for reasons to shut people out will stifle your growth and prevent you from becoming a responsible, upright individual.

As you say, everybody feels like they're on trial at points. In Pink's case, he was actually guilty.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.