[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to buy a Midi controller under $200 pic related worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 71joFQNcjwL._SL1500__0.jpg (140 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
71joFQNcjwL._SL1500__0.jpg
140 KB, 1500x1125
Looking to buy a Midi controller under $200 pic related worth it?
>>
>>65169903
If you're a meme producer, than yes.
>>
honestly OP it's really shit. you should consider saving up some more money and buying something in a higher price range rather than wasting your money on crap equipment. then again, i don't know what your needs are and what you're trying to achieve with a midi controller, but i'd still just generally recommend holding out for something better.
>>
I have an akai lpd8 and korg nanokey2 and they both work well for me as far as midi controllers go. I haven't used what you're looking at but I love akai
>>
>>65170147
Not op but I'm curious as to what your top picks for midi controllers would be
>>
I have one. It's alright, but its so light that I had to clamp it down so it didn't move all over the place when using the mpc portion. Basically, it'll get the job done, but if you can wait a bit and save up for a better one I would do that.
>>
still using mine i got a year ago and while i'd love to have something with more keys and maybe a bit less cheap feeling, it's been a good time
>>
>>65170218
>the MPC portion
Do you mean the drum pads? Akai has taken to calling all their pads "MPC" and it's sort of silly
>>
i use this, and an mpd218

it works
>>
File: Pro-Tools workstation.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Pro-Tools workstation.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
>>65169903
The akai showed in your picture is around 99€ in europe (and cheaper in second hand), so I suggest you not put more than 100$ in it.
It mostly depends on what you want and need to do. Do you want a MIDI controller to improve your workflow? To play live?
I bought pic related and was choosing between the MPK mini and the Minilab I own, mostly because I wanted more potentiometer and didn't really care about the arpeggiator. But I bought this mostly because I needed a small and cheap controller that i can move everywhere and I like to have potentiometers+pads+a keyboard to have different approach of what I am doing.

So it will depends of your needings, and we all need to buy something to begin, maybe in 2 or 3 months you'll want something better, then you'll sell your controller to buy a better one. So don't wait because "I need the 3K controller use buy Deadrat6 :^)
>>
File: JDXi-large.jpg (99 KB, 750x320) Image search: [Google]
JDXi-large.jpg
99 KB, 750x320
>>65169903
>>65170199
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MiniNova

i'd recommend a mininova, you can use it as a midi controller and as a synth and it has a ton of versatility. there's a lot of options though. also the pads on that akai suck ass and are really stiff and cheap feeling.

another one i'd recommend is the roland jd-xi. same deal as the mininova with regard to functionality although better, and you can easily program drums on it rather than fiddling with those shitty akai pads.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.