[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Live9Intro-large.jpg (90 KB, 750x534) Image search: [Google]
Live9Intro-large.jpg
90 KB, 750x534
I want to start producing for myself and i've been looking at ableton 9 intro. Would this be a good choice for a beginner?
>>
should probably try to get the full version (not suite). If you are in school you can get a big educational discount
>>
no. just pirate live suite like everyone else.
live intro lacks a great deal of useful stuff.
>>
>>65157720
How can i get that discount?
>>
>>65157720

Agreed, Ableton is super user-friendly anyway.
>>
>>65157682
Intro would be good to tech you basics and not much else. You could use it to learn and see if you like Ableton and upgrade in the future.
Also sometimes when you buy hardware it'll come with intro, and other stuff like vst's.
People will recommend to pirate Ableton Suite, I wouldn't recommend that as you can hit some legal trouble, something like copyright over your works or some shit like that
>>
>>65157942
>I wouldn't recommend that as you can hit some legal trouble, something like copyright over your works or some shit like that
this is absolutely not true.
>>
>>65157942
>something like copyright over your works or some shit like that
You're some kind of dummy.
>>
>>65157872
https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/education/#shop_edu_verify

check it out
>>
What about FL studios? does anyone know how they compare?
>>
>>65158828
FL studios is strange. It's more loop-based. It's not bad, but I prefer Ableton.
>>
You can get demos of them all and try them, and youtube videos can get you started pretty quickly on how to use them. Some people also use Logic but it's Mac only.
>>
>>65158860
Do not trust this man, everything he said is a lie.
Ableton is far more loop based.
Imagine if you had a dozen record players each playing their own loop. That,s how Ableton works.
FL Studio does use loops as well but the actual playback and arrangement of a track is exactly like looking at a score of sheet music.
>>
>>65159202
>but the actual playback and arrangement of a track is exactly like looking at a score of sheet music.

Just like ableton you know
>>
>>65159272
>>65159202
I have about 7 years of prior music experience so which one yall think would be easier to me to get a hold of?
>>
>>65159202
umm noo not really, you can also edit midi tracks in the arrangement view without creating a "loop record player".

to OP: just use whatever the fuck, it really doesn't matter, but i'd recommend you ableton live
>>
>>65159272
Almost, but you have to alt tab or whatever to get to the arrangement panel. FL Studio's one does it better.

>>65159351
I found FL the easiest to get used to. For me, the piano roll, layering parts, and organising a track felt more natural than Ableton for writing music.

The one thing I will give Ableton credit for is audio manipulation and warping samples. I know a lot of people that prefer it for dance music and hip hop beats.
>>
>>65160037
That's the one thing I couldn't get into with FL. When I first saw the layout of how FL works, I just couldn't get into how it was sooo pattern based, and it isn't as great for recording stuff either. I don't really like how mixing is set up in FL as well, and I think Ableton does a bit better in that too.

It's all subjective, but I'm not really a point and click guy when it comes to making music. However, for my recommendation for OP, I'd pick Ableton. Many will say FL is easier, but that's entirely subjective because I heard that FL's workflow is a bit unconventional compared to other DAW's
>>
>>65157682
Live Lite barely has any instruments in it. If you plan to record audio yourself or use plug-in instruments, it might be acceptable but in my opinion it's a bit too limiting, even for a beginner.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.