[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nick Cave starting album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: nickcave_album_b_1.jpg (207 KB, 500x533) Image search: [Google]
nickcave_album_b_1.jpg
207 KB, 500x533
Heard a little from Nick Cave and looking to get into it more. What's some of the best of his/theirs?
>>
>>65150400
Let Love In or Tender Prey are good starting points. Go back in time if you want darker, noisier stuff, and forward in time if you want more ballads.

You could also just start from their first album and then go chronologically. Their 80s stuff is their best imo.
>>
>>65150400

I think you should just start off with his debut, to show how creative he is. Once you listen to that you can listen any of his other albums cause his debut is most inaccessible and alienating.
>>
>>65150425
this is good advice.

I personally like his ballad work more so i'm reccing you The Boatman's Call
>>
Did he do anything else as interesting as Red Right Hand?
>>
>>65150400
Honestly, he is one of the most consistent artists ever, after like 40 years he has had only one less than good album. I don't think you could go wrong with any of his albums. But I suggest starting from the beginning and working chronologically.
>>
Thanks for the input. I just finished his debut and it's fuckin great. I had been listening to loads of Tom Waits so I wanted to give him a rest.
>>
if you want noisier punk sorta stuff listen to one of his first bands the birthday party
>>
>>65151260
If you like From Her to Eternity that much you should definitely listen to >>65151314

Also check out Your Funeral... My Trial, his second best after From Her...
>>
>>65151314
I still like Junkyard more than any Bad Seeds material.
>>
>>65151337
>Also check out Your Funeral... My Trial, his second best after From Her...
Great taste, mate
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNCArPzIbBQ
>>
>>65150977
not even in his top 50 best songs
>>
The first part of this is his best live performance imo. So much better than the original song which is a shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ewBCtBG6BI
>>
>>65150400
AND THE MERCY SEAT IS WAITING
AND I THINK MY HEAD IS BURNING
AND IN A WAY I'M YEARNING
TO BE DONE WITH ALL THIS MEASURING OF TRUTH.
AN EYE FOR AND EYE
AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH
AND ANYWAY I TOLD THE TRUTH
AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO DIE.
>>
This is his best song ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpCkT7ni2C4
>>
>Le wah wah my son is dead album abooobobooo
>>
>>65151878

>implying that hes going to make another bad seeds album
>wont be self loathing album about neglecting son
>implying that it will come out in the next 4-5 years.

fuck sake I want some new nick cave.
>>
>>65150400
i thought you titled this "nick cave staring album" and used that picture
>>
From her to eternity and the first born is dead are my favorite

His sound changed a lot in the 90s, but I prefer the earlier darker music. The birthday party has some great albums as well.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.