[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit this is amazing, any more jazz like this? 'Outsider'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Holy shit this is amazing, any more jazz like this? 'Outsider' or experimental jazz?
>>
>>65148861
This is b8
>>
>>65148914
ok, what did i do this time?
>>
>>65148923
not him, but this is in no way "outsider" jazz. You could have very tenuous links to say it could be outsider rock, but outsider jazz? no
>>
>>65148950
well it sounds "out of this world" but i didnt want to say that. didnt know it would be a problem
>>
>>65148861
did you just call this outsider jazz

Btw try in a slient way
>>
>>65148861
Black Saint Sinner Lady by Mingus
>>
>>65148966
>>65149103
ty
>>
>>65148861
All the electric period of miles (Prioritary in a silent way and on the corner while the later is funkier ) in addition to all the recs in the thread
>>
I need more inaccessible jazz, rec me some.
>>
File: folder.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>65149418
Not inaccessible, but not easily accessible either, and 8 or 9 out of 10, easy.

Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Orchestra - ONJO
>>
>>65148861
Electric Masada - At the Mountains of Madness
>>
>>65149549
Otomo is so good
>>
File: 61snRh+ODrL.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61snRh+ODrL.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
>>65148861
You're welcome
>>
>>65148961
This is one of the most critically acclaimed, widely-known jazz albums of all time. You saying "outsider" is the same as posting a pic of The Beatles' Abby Road and asking for other "outsider" rock recommendations.

That being said, this is really a transition album in the jazz world, between earlier forms and fusion jazz, so it's hard to know why, exactly, you liked it. For that matter, if you're just hearing this for the first time, you're probably fairly new, and that's completely okay. Nothing wrong with that. You just need to list to some other standards.

For other Miles Davis, try In A Silent Way. It's also from his electric period. It's not as crazy as Bitches Brew, but it's amazing in its own right, and a lot of the musicians on that album really became huge in their own rights. From there, if you want something that's still more jazz than rock, check out Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters. If you want something that's more rock than jazz, check out something like Return to Forever's Romantic Warrior.

If you listen to those and aren't really into it, then you need to just go back to more straight up jazz. Try something like Charles Mingus's Black Saint.
>>
>>65148861
This is jazz fusion, it's not outsider or hard to get into (well, I guess it's pretty long but that's it).
Lanquidity and Sleeping Beauty by Sun Ra and The Inner Mounting Flame by Mahavishnu Orchestra have a similar electric sound.
>>
>>65151074
>The Inner Mounting Flame by Mahavishnu Orchestra
Inferior in every way to Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire.
>>
>>65151107
It's their most accessible record though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.