[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nujabes Music Appreciation/Discussion Thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8
I've rarely been as affected by someone's music as Nujabes' or 'Seba-san'.
I think it's the general underlying theme of universal flow but distinct manifestations that pervades all of his works. What does /mu/ think?
I'll post all of my favorite works from this great artist below.
General discussion/critique/appreciation encouraged.
>>
File: 1449431593638.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449431593638.webm
1 MB, 640x640
I really haven't seen /mu/ discuss it much

But I agree, his music fucking hits home for me, one of the few artists that can completely switch my mood around and center me, and make me feel like I wanna be a more sensitive and centered individual
>>
First, one of his most critically acclaimed works. Shing02 killed it with the lyrics, and 'the beat and the melody' elevate Luv (Sic) to the highest spheres of music for me.

>>www/youtube/com/watch?v=WCmT8QMyUwU
>>
Windspeaks is a personal favourite. People might disagree, and they should as the simplicity of the song is quite polarizing imo, but regardless, it is worth a listen. (Ten for me. :) )
>>www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHdyS3jf3vQ
>>
Aruarian Dance is a great homework/meditative song imo. It's smooth, has all the characteristic flow of Seba-san and is pleasing af to the human ear.

>>www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUwRGPxCG_Y
>>
Mystline is almost melancholic, a song of resigned longing. I generally avoid it, but it works as a great companion in one of those drinking moods.

>>www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtuoEtohPv4
>>
File: 0.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
The opening theme song of Samurai Champloo is probably the second best opening I have ever seen, after Tank from Cowboy Bebop.
Nujabes and Fat Jon killed it with this high-speed-zen-art work that singlehandedly set the entire mood for the series.

>>www.youtube.com/watch?v=OobUV9q0aDA
>>
File: a2925347238_10.jpg (477 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2925347238_10.jpg
477 KB, 1200x1200
Counting Stars is also a great song, although a lot more ambient, meant to be played more in the background. It's quiet, smooth and really, really enjoyable.

>>www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tTmSY4m4M
>>
I love the space between two worlds , it a more minimalistic piece but something about the drums and the sample that is comfy .
>>
Nujabes fans are so strange and, in their own ways, extremely delusional. To me, he's a watered down marriage of J Dilla and Madlib, lacking the character or personality of DOOM's work while evading any real identity by producing Blazo-style generic Jazz instrumentals. I think most people who like Nujabes were introduced to Rap/Hip Hop production through anime, which would explain some of the warped fanaticism.
>>
>>65149206
I tell my friends this and they think I don't understand "real music" , even on the anime soundtrack fat jon stood out to me more than nujabes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.