[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: hi.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
What does /mu/ think about this album?
>>
>>65145888
the cover art is more famous then the artist
>>
i like big business monkey

it's pretty bad though
>>
>>65145888
its alright. a rough ride definitely. my favorite is i saw her standing there, although i think thats a cover.
>>
>>65145888
i think it is a very interesting purely because of it's concept
>>
>>65145888
I love it. It makes me feel ugly and alone.
>>
Walking the cow is beautiful. The rest is meh.
>>
>I AM WAAAAAAAALKINGGGGG THE COWWWWWWWW

;-;
>>
I think it's kind of sad. You're basically listening to an autistic/bipolar 22 year old man-child have a nervous breakdown on tape. Side 2 is especially disturbing, with Daniel basically acting out a "boxing match" and then there's the whole "I take it all back, I take it all back, I take it all back." moment.

Yip/Jump Music is more accessible because it seems like Daniel was in higher spirits during the recording of that cassette.
>>
Something worth putting on only if you really want to confuse your friends.
>>
I was on acid last summer, in my friend's truck. He didn't have air conditioning. For some godforsaken reason, he put this on. Then we stopped at a gas station and he left me in the car. He rolled the windows up, I guess so people couldn't see the guy in the back seat literally going insane and feeling like a dog or a baby that's been left inside a car without the windows even cracked. If the windows were open, maybe they'd hear the stewing acidhead croaking out "immababbyinmyuniverseilliveforeverrrrrr" squirming and worming in his seat.

Great album
>>
File: gravity.png (910 KB, 801x604) Image search: [Google]
gravity.png
910 KB, 801x604
>>65145888
I can't name an album that was less predictable so it wins that award but other than that It's got a few decent songs
>>
>>65147808
i agree with this. its my favorite Daniel album exactly for this reason, its so disturbing
>>
File: 23242.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
23242.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
Quintessential, but not his masterpiece, Songs of Pain is his best and the saddest of the bunch. 1990 is a close second.
>>
>>65145888
nice trips and that album is important
>>
I love Daniel Johnston's songs, but I hate how he plays them. I wouldn't even mind the shit production value if the dude could just keep a coherent and steady rhythm.
>>
It was my favorite album from my teens, I'm still a huge fan of it.
>>
File: IMG_20160304_185556209.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160304_185556209.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Besides Aeroplane, Hi, How Are You is quite possibly my favourite album of all time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.