[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you fuck up your voice so badly in such a short amount of time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1994-06-26c.jpg (78 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1994-06-26c.jpg
78 KB, 768x576
>Spring 1994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNKLZShLRw
>January 1996
at the 53:00 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8
>>
many drugs

ask Axl Rose
>>
Potato
>>
Cocaine will fuck your vocal chords right up.

He also clearly forced his voice out with no regards to what would happen, his throat probably looked like raw hamburger after every performance.
>>
>>65132539
cigarettes and alcohooool
>>
>>65132539
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8
Jesus christ he went from sounding like a choirboy to sounding like a lawnmower wtf
>>
>>65132539
>>January 1996
His voice didn't really start to go until Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.
>>
>>65132759
I mean there were definitely points throughout the earlier days where he did fuck up his voice really bad, but then it would recover a fuck weeks later. It was only by the the SOTSOG days that the change was really permanent as his voice became permanently deeper and gravelly, and then he couldn't hit the high notes any more, and then finally he didn't even have the strength to hold notes for more than a few seconds.
>>
Are Oasis and Blur worth getting into? I've literally never heard Britpop before
>>
>>65132881
Oasis first two albums and b-sides are pretty good though the mastering job is loud as fuck.

Blur had good material spread out over their entire career and were far more interesting musically though their albums can be inconsistent
>>
>>65132824
Soudns like you should listen to more live recordings of bands. Vocals can often go out if you aren't a professionally trained singer and there's a vast difference between live and studio vocal takes
>>65132881
Yes.

Try Oasis 'What's The Story Morning Glory" and Blur's self titled.
>>
>>65132881
Try Definitely Maybe for Oasis and 13 for Blur
>>
>>65132881
Yes
>>
SUNSHEEEEEEIIIINE
>>
Yikes
>>
>>65132539
Drugs
Bad posture
Liam never did falsetto
>>
>>65133663
>Liam never did falsetto
He did live until late 94 when he wasn't able to anymore.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.