[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe your local music scene.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: Band_Geeks_SpongeBob.jpg (101 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
Band_Geeks_SpongeBob.jpg
101 KB, 1152x864
Describe your local music scene.
>>
Sad, angry white people
>>
Full of racists
>>
I don't know. I never leave my house.
>>
WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE THE METALCORE
>>
>>65132060
Dead.
>>
>>65132060
post-punk
>>
50 year old white men playing rock music from the 50s,60s,70s
>>
Delaware's mostly shitty metalcore bands
>>
>>65132457
Kind of the same for me but they're more blues and jazz
>>
SO INDEH
>>
Doom
>>
>>65132420
I wish I didn't know this feel

I really should go to some shows, it's pretty much the only actual enjoyment I'd ever have

Don't think I've seen anything since JAMC at the start of last year
>>
So much pop punk
>>
>>65132060
death grips
>>
File: 2448448-0589552695-Wigge.jpg (143 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2448448-0589552695-Wigge.jpg
143 KB, 640x480
>>
We have a really good Jazz fest every year but other than that it's just hardcore bands and Joywave
>>
non-existent, we literally have to travel to other cities to see musique
>>
Either nothing or a bunch of stupid hard core kids/ pop punk kids who have wing tipped eyeliner that wraps around their head or hardcore dude bros who are THE VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE. Fuck Jacksonville . Only 100 people showed up to the DG show at the beach
>>
>>65132060
when I'm at home its all cover bands but they are usually pretty good

at school its all urban d bags who try to play blue grass but just fuck it up harcore
>>
>most generic house and drum'n'bass music ever created
>very bad experimental styles
>>
>>65132694
>Rochester

I feel you senpai. From Rockland.

Everyone here is a failed rapper who couldn't afford a couch in NYC or is a terrible post hardcore band.
>>
>>65132060

death metal, forro-core, afrobeaty, wankswing, experimental electrorock, plundherphonics, gospel music.
>>
fags
>>
>>65132060
Green Day and Nirvana wannabes and druggie metal bands
>>
File: index.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
Literally nothing, I live in a shitty industrial city that doesn't even have factories anymore because a corrupt politician sold them to some fags and the fags demolished them to kill competition.

You would think this would create some sort of fuckign hardcore punk scene, but that obviously doesn't happen.

pls send help we don't even have any good place for bands to hold a gig other than the local mall and a bar that has the shittiest sound system ever.

Now that I think about it people who make noise would love to play there.
>>
Indie hipsters with unkempt beards.
>>
Seattlefag here. The music mostly comes in 3 flavors:
Shitty lo-fi p4k indie a la Car Seat Headrest.
Shitty rappers and DJs who play in gentrified neighborhoods for yuppies.
Actually decent Hardcore and Black Metal bands at diy shows.
>>
>>65132797
Pretty much this
>>
>>65132829
pittsburgh? :^)
>>
shit
>>
>>65132896
Nah, I live in Pitesti, Romania, come visit
>>
NJ so a ton of hardcore and punk with some metal and hip-hop. I stick to the New Brunswick scene, it's a lot friendlier and closer than the Shore Style stuff
>>
Teenagers and grown men who act like teenagers who still think Hardcore is cool.
>>
portland
metalcore
experimental BS
folk
electronic goth
>>
Nashville has a good DIY/garage rock scene but it's starting to get co-opted and monetized into shit just like the behemoth that country music has become.
>>
50% EDM

40% kids making knock-off dad rock

10% okay rap
>>
Shitty mariachi punk played by SJWs
>>
We have one band. They play acoustic rap covers and requests.
>>
JOBSEEKER LMAO STRONGBOW LAD
>>
There's just one band here. There used to be two (a REALLY REALLY good Pink Floyd tribute), but they disbanded.
Anyways, they're teens and play Nirvana covers.
>>
every ~6 ish years a nice record comes out of it
sometimes it seems that there are too many musicians for how small audiences are
>>
>>65132974
Do you live in the Southwest USA by chance?
>>
>>65133014
>REALLY REALLY good Pink Floyd tribute
name of the band?
>>
>Fargo/Moorhead
A bunch of Hardcore punk bands that think it's cool to be as trashy as possible because, "fuck hicks, man!"
This whole area wishes it was the twin cities so bad it's cringy.

We've got a few bands with people from Bismarck who lived in the twin cities a bit and came here that do some cool shoegaze stuff and some people are starting a solid electronic scene with a variety of stuff. There's also some decent metal that tries to be different but guess where the members came from.
Literally the only things we have going for us come from the cities.
>>
-terrible EDM
-terrible hardcore
-for some reason there's still a ska scene here
-a few good mathy emo bands
-shitty indie folk bands that play the bars
-some good stoner metal
>>
>>65132438
I love you
>>
>>65133121
Ditto
>>
metalcore has two side emo and the people who just love the music
>>
>>65133040
Bad luck. Google brings up nothing and I can't recall their name.
Maybe it wasn't even Pink Floyd, but other dadrock... too late for the internet
>>
College town, so everyone "has" a band but maybe only a couple dozen actually figure out how to play shows. Every decent band breaks up in a couple years, and out of all the bands I see hanging around maybe only half a dozen have anything recorded, even fewer have it done in decent quality.
>>
>>65133180
where do you live
>>
Millions and millions of soundcloud rappers who live off of government assistance and have no real job.
>>
>>65133120
damn, where are you from? maybe we live in the same place
>>
Raves with either shitty east-german house or this

https://soundcloud.com/butzeeffekt/butze-totale-meise
>>
>>65133225
And it's not good hip hop.
>>
>>65132060
country, blues, jazz and a shitload of tribute bands.

I think that's more or less the south in general though with tiny pockets of other stuff here and there.
>>
>>65132988
You should start a rival band and do rap covers of acoustic songs.
>>
Mostly pop-punk.
>>
>>65133261
If someone else would do the rapping I'd be up for it.
>>
>>65132060
The town i live is full off failed Punk bands from the 70's. in like the mid 00's all their kids were teenagers and there was alot off Post-hardcore bands (i was in one two but my dad was more of a hippy desu). I think in another 10 years we are gonna get a bunch of Death Grip rip off bands.
>>
>>65132928
Don't forget all the cookie cutter ska bands that all sound the same
>>
File: drumset.png (291 KB, 442x595) Image search: [Google]
drumset.png
291 KB, 442x595
On the contrary, where is there a really GOOD music scene?

For one, I know Colorado does, or at least used to, have a really big thrash metal resurgence.
>>
>>65132797
Same here.
>>
>>65133396
*Denver
>>
File: 14609597908150-es.jpg (146 KB, 1112x830) Image search: [Google]
14609597908150-es.jpg
146 KB, 1112x830
Hello 4ch. Once, I heard a song, which singer sang through every rhyme "aga". Anon help me out, help me find
>>
>>65133396
>genre revival music
>good
>>
nonexistant
>>
Constantly trying to live up to the fact that The Beatles came from the same place. And failing mostly.
>>
i think we have a bar that has live acts sometimes
fraternity parties i haven't gone to sound like they play country off the radio instead of getting live music
you could say it's a bad scene, especially since the most loved music venue in the city was demolished earlier this year
>>
>>65133444
better then the plethora of pop-punk and grunge imitators.
>>
-the same cloud rappers that you probably have in every state
-30+year old gangster rappers
-Buskers

that's about it
>>
>>65132060
>Lots of super talented artists of all different genres
>shows literally every day of the week, always something different
>only about 5-7 good clubs that get any traffic
>One major music festival a year that features local artists
>punk/outsider music has been forced into basements/house shows for the most part, but it's getting better
>everyone is cliquey and obnoxious, but we all get along okay mostly

TL;DR Kansas City is a great place to be a musician because you have to be good or you don't get shows, but we're in flyover country so no one cares.
>>
Boston:

Skinny boys love emo

Skinny boys love hip hop
>>
its all indie, they all suck and are too close minded. they all do the same shit over and over
>>
>>65133529
this
>>
Denton is ok. Lots of bad punk and some good. Great noise
>>
Boring indie, buttrock, country, and middle-aged jazz and blues cover bands.
>>
>>65133234
Las Vegas, NV
>>
my local music scene is only this:
>cover bands that play many various styles
>post-grunge bands that are also cover bands
>singer-songwriter cover musicians
>7 or something black metal bands that shares almost the same members, bands that almost no one knows and that I only discovered that exist because I was curious and checked metal archieves
>few artists that play country like music (cover songs), using his voice, guitar and keyboard drums
>>
>>65132060
Jazz Fusion and R&B/Folk to the west, Emo and Jazz to the north, Indie and Buttrock central, Buttrock and Garage Rock to the East. Guess where I'm from?
>>
Comedic Dad Rock
>>
>>65135187
o shit waddup
>>
File: rifts.jpg (70 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
rifts.jpg
70 KB, 319x319
Which city has the best Experimental Synth scene in the United States?
>>
File: shock.png (838 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
shock.png
838 KB, 960x540
>>65132060
One of the best public music schools in the country, but very few good bands. Every musician who isn't studying music in college is either a wannabe FJM-style guitarist, or a press-play-walk-away-style DJ.
>>
>>65135654
giving it 50/50 odds that you were the guy wearing the slowdive shirt at the jeff rosenstock show last week
>>
>cringey folk-punk
>generic edm
>generic thrash
>generic metalcore
>mid life crisis avant-jazz

There used to be a really cool noise venue, its ded now though. Didn't last long.
>>
Either generic bands/artists that consider themselves "innovators",.or so-called "tribute" bands.

TL;DR: It's shit.
>>
>New Bedford, MA
Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>Iowa City
Bunch of crusty punks and deadheads.
>>
>>65132644
where do u live
>>
even shitter versions of oasis and mumford and sons, literally nothing else
>>
File: 1462930977037.png (92 KB, 295x229) Image search: [Google]
1462930977037.png
92 KB, 295x229
>antifa punk and german rap
someone please kill me
>>
Middle aged men singing about partying while intense accordions solo's are playing
>>
>>65136528
Where
>>
>>65132060
Shitty rappers, and dumb fucking hipsters who think they can play guitar: NY
>>
>>65133202
This, but with corny White Boy Reggae and Bluegrass being inexplicably popular.
>>
STORMZY BLUD INI
>>
i live in norwich, england and tbqh it's pretty good for a city of 200,000 people known nationally only for its inbreeding and being the home of alan partridge. plus, we get quite a lot of tours come through of various sizes and a thriving punk bar.
there was a scare recently this year that said bar would be bought, closed, demolished and turned into a block of flats. thankfully due to the response of the community it was saved and moved to another location and as a bonus the old place is now listed and can't be turned into anything but a pub which means the cunt that bought it paid like half a million for negative press and a building worth half that. pretty funny all in all.

that said, norwich and norfolk has literally never produced a single band of note. suffolk has the darkness, brian eno (he was born there at least) and cradle of filth and the last one is hardly something to boast about though, so that's some small consolation.
>>
There´s a really good dadrock cover band, a shitty inde one that mosty does request, a country/rock band that has good OG material. I was in a band that played Arctic Monkeys songs, other than that, it´s dead, people only go to Norteños here.
>>
>>65136528
are you in México?
>>
>>65138296
probably Arizona lol
>>
File: 1361657971036.gif (469 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
1361657971036.gif
469 KB, 350x500
>>65132060
>Austin, TX

somehow has the reputation of having a great music scene and there are assloads of shows but 70% of all local music is awful-ass blues and the rest is fucking ska
>>
>>65132060
cleveland's got a lot of post-punk
>>
Shit rockabilly and "post-hardcore" in the suburbs. Shit hip hop in the city.

The only thing I hope for is for the original Smashing Pumpkins to reunite. (Billy Corgan grew up a few blocks away from me)
>>
>>65138486
San Marcos TX has good underground bands but thats about it. i played a dopeass house show recently with a deep psych band and that went really well, we went on after a hardcore/indie band and a really tight funk band
>>
D A L E
A
L
E
>>
>shitty indie rock
>beatles cover bands

Literally it
>>
Boston has a lot of good bands. The Noise Rock scene has really taken off recently via the Boston Hassle. There's definitely something for everyone here. Problem is it's hard for prospective venues to get permits, and cops have basically systematically destroyed the house show scene for no good reason, so there's barely anywhere to play. Hard to get booked, hard to get noticed.
>>
>>65138580
AFD: ask for dale
>>
>>65136786
Amherst?
>>
>>65138540
I've noticed there's a lot of 3rd wave post rock in San Marcos as well
>>
In my town it's kinda shit. Most people here are into country and the only store with lots of vinyls and CDs is FYE. There is an annual local music festival of sorts called Leilapalooza but I've never been to it.
>>
>>65132060
hard core/death core, pop punk, i fucking hate it

my band does not fit in at all because we wanna do noise and experimental stuff
>inb4 try hard
i genuinely really enjoy the textured side of music, but theres no underground scene where i live, its literally old rock dads, and new trend bands, im considering traveling to the city near by and see what happens
>>
Growing, and surprisingly decent, but not that interesting.
>>
From what I've seen it's just mid to late 00's Landfill indie/ladrock crap (People trying to be the new Arctic Monkeys) or generic, derivative metal bands.
>>
its bretty good. Live in my countries biggest student city, so tons of small acts popping up everywhere and playing local shows.
>>
>>65138765

OK, just checking if I could post. Anyways, there's plenty of metal bands, but they all center around either heavy/power or thrash metal (and one crappy melodic black metal), so nothing much to report.

The alternative and pop rock scene is also there, but most bands are very inconsistent in their repertory. There is one that does take things in a slightly more interesting direction, but they rarely play live.

Best band of the bunch is definitely the roots reggae/cumbia band which jams pretty damn well and has a strong if limited (just eight pieces) original catalogue.
>>
File: 1456107305065.jpg (629 KB, 2500x1870) Image search: [Google]
1456107305065.jpg
629 KB, 2500x1870
Small town in NM here. The music scene is pretty pathetic. The same 20 kids all recycled to form the same shit hardcore bands with different names. And they complain and wonder why people don't go to shows.
>>
it's mostly pretty good electronic music of every variety except noisey stuff.

very little in the ways of rock or punk, which is a damn shame.
>>
>>65132060
Stevie Ray Vaughn posers
or
Middle-class hipster SJWs pretending to be punks.
Austin sucks.
>>
>>65133225
what state?
>>
File: 1453189259011.jpg (9 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
1453189259011.jpg
9 KB, 239x250
>>65136290
i know dis feel
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
They all look like this
>>
File: guitar ninjas.jpg (32 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
guitar ninjas.jpg
32 KB, 400x250
Various classic rock bands named after food items, who totally opened for Chubby Checker in 1972; a group of music professors who play Rush extremely well; two faggots with a keyboard and a slap-bass; a commune-based reggae band that hotboxes their van before every gig; some greasy teenagers with an underage singer; and a local car dealer who brings a fog machine, strippers on a trapeze, and his dog to back up his glam metal act
>>
>>65132060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jjJaWYJFZo
>>
>>65139214
that car dealer understands
>>
Nonexistent. Closest city with any music scene is Detroit but that's about an hour away and I don't go there much
>>
>>65132459
hey drew
>>
>>65138518
You're in Elk Grove too? Also I kinda like the rockabilly cover bands in a weird way. I know that there's some kids in NW suburbs doing 50s style doo wop/surf but with a garage rock twist. Other than that all I see are shitty generic pop punk bands that sound like FYS or TSSF
>>
File: proibidao.jpg (87 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
proibidao.jpg
87 KB, 690x388
Funk carioca, favela funk and, elsewhere in the world, baile funk, is a type of dance music from Rio de Janeiro, derived from Miami bass and African style music.
>>
Emo bands and real nikka music
>>
>>65132060
A large crowd of people cheering a toilet that needs to be flushed.
>>
>>65133204
Bermondsey, London
>>
>>65138690
huh, thats neato and i need to check it out
>>
>>65132452
Where? I want to live here.
>>
>Buenos Aires
Some good stoner, doom and noise metal. Everything else is pretty much shit. Rock is shit. Indie is pretentious as fuck. Cumbia is cumbia. The Rap scene is phisically painful to hear.
>>
I live in NYC. It's pretty good.
>>
Phoenix so shitty wannabe Andrew Jackson jihad's
>>
>>65140073
I think you mean AJJ, shitlord.
>>
>>65140073
dude what are you talking about? phx/tempe has a great local scene
>>
>>65139879

Que opinas de los tipos de Zann's music? Yo creo que son buenos, aunque Fer la verdad pudiese regular un poco mas todo lo que saca.
>>
>>65139600
I'm in Wheaton, across the street from Carol Stream (where Bill Corgan is from)
>>
>>65133396
phoenix
>>
>>65132060
cleveland rock
>>
Young, DIY punks.
>>
Is there anything going on in the Milwaukee area?
>>
>>65141000
Cheap Trick comes through every so often.
>>
>>65141019
Anything being created currently in the area that isn't an old okay band from nowhere near here?
>>
me, my laptop, and headphones
>>
>>65141065
Rockford is pretty close to Wisconsin.
>>
Really good mix of genre's
>>
Emo revival bands, dad rock cover bands made up of jocks, shoegaze and dream pop bands trying to become the next Nothings or The War on Drugs, and shitty rappers trying to become the next Meek Mill.
>>
Total shit. Filled to the brim with wannabe rappers and trap artists.

The punk and metal scene is decent, but there's not a whole lot of people that belong to it.

There's really not anything else.
>>
pop-punk and metalcore
>>
Lo-fi, jazz, post-rock, post-punk, metal(black,trash,core),some pop-punk,noise/ambient.
electronic ; so much dance...
>>
Not sure about the music scene since I'm new here, but a lot of what people (mostly normies) would consider GOTYAY musicians originate from this general area.
>>
>>65140747
Damn, I forgot he moved a lot. Carol Stream is where Stratford is at right? I go there all the time
>>
decent "emo revival" bands, shitty folk-punk acts, a few pretty good indie-rock & punk bands, and a bunch of god awful metalcore/pop-punk bands out in the suburbs. and they are all obsessed with the concept of exiling people from the music scene for doing something shitty like 5 years ago or for like, saying the word "bitch" or other dumb shit
>>
>>65140323
What is the phx/tempe local scene
>>
>>65141398
Yeah. The mall is in Bloomingdale. Carol Stream is Glenbard North HS where Corgan went.
>>
Everyone is cooler than me so I don't get out and when I do I get so drunk just to gain the confidence to socialize I embarrass myself.
>>
Shitty EDM DJs and rappers trying to get noticed by Rhymesayers.
Welcome to Minnesota.
>>
>>65132060
People wanting to be the new Prince
>>
>>65132060
Hometown has nothing.
But my college town has a good indie and folk scene.
>>
>>65132829
Gary?
>>
File: stupor.jpg (11 KB, 357x369) Image search: [Google]
stupor.jpg
11 KB, 357x369
cows eating grass and donkeys fucking the night away, heee hawww heeee hawwwwww
>>
>>65133529
came to say this
>>
Kind of like noise rock, no one wants to try too hard so it's all minor pentatonic scales and stuff, but it seems like it could be better if they just tried.
>>
A little of everything. We have GY!BE, Arcade Fire, Grimes, Wolf Parade, Blue Hawaii and a lot more that can't remember.
>>
>>65133396
This picture triggers me.
>>
>>65132750
lol provincetown massachusetts
>>
>>65133295
love and hate pop punk fans
>>
>>65138600
I'm angry 18 year old that wants to go listen to some loud music in Boston where should I go/what should I look into

rap shows are getting boring
>>
File: csa.png (30 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
csa.png
30 KB, 1280x853
>>65133246
yeah, this is a dime a dozen here in the south. The closer you get to the mountains the more Skynyrd cover bands, the more closer to the shore is Buffet cover bands.
>>
>>65133396
wtf those drums, how are you supposed to play them?
>>
File: 2984430890_5f21cdfb00.jpg (193 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
2984430890_5f21cdfb00.jpg
193 KB, 500x353
Used to rule hard back in like 2013-2014 for metal. Now it's alright. Punk scene is still vibrant as fuck, gotta love that. Most metallers go to punk shows and vice versa. Nice people.
>>
Why do local bands suck at marketing so much?

Smart people please answer. I see local bands plug themselves on facebook, and it's always pure cringe. Is it because the music is never good enough to justify it? It's not terrible, but I mean most of my local music could be a lot better. It's like none of these bands have the ability to market themselves properly, and think that giving us constant updates is the way to do it. What's the deal?
>>
Portland, OR

>good d.i.y punk scene
>art school indie shit
>some good hip-hop acts come through at the roseland mainly.

overall p good
>>
>>65132060
Austinfag here. Indie Rock, Folk, Blues, stuff like that.
>>
Taiwanfag here. It's a mix of indiefags making dumb arty rock/pop, fusionfags that just spend all day wanking on their guitars and underage highschoolers making djentcore
>>
>>65133314
OC?
>>
File: 12912933.jpg (94 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
12912933.jpg
94 KB, 700x700
our most notable band that's coming here is smash mouth
>>
Hamilton (Ontario Canada)

Really a mixed bag, but many bands are either alt/indie rock, or classic/hard rock
>>
A couple shitty metalcore bands made up of younger people and a couple bluegrass bands made up of older people. Everyone I know has to order their instruments online as there is no music around.
>tfw nobody wants to play prog rock
>>
>>65133396
toronto
>>
>>65143826
*music stores
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmog71DX5KM

4 1 2
>>
>>65143667
Be thankful you're not in Toronto.

Any Torontonians in here? All I have to say is FUCK all the shitty nigger rap groups. Can't believe Drake signs these dorks.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-okkNOD0s8

baka
>>
Lots of tryhard thrash and grunge bands who wear alot of denim.

A surprisingly robust noise / experimental electronic scene.

Where am I?
>>
File: (screaming).jpg (203 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
(screaming).jpg
203 KB, 500x499
>>65140747
>tfw I'm not the only /mu/tant here
>>
>>65143836
Rec me ONE good artist
>>
>>65143925
Hint: Canada
>>
Nonexistent
>tfw Carroll County
>not Atlanta
>>
File: Dinosaur jr - 1986-89 cover.jpg (813 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaur jr - 1986-89 cover.jpg
813 KB, 1600x1600
Anyone from Western Mass

>Metalcore
>Metalcore
>Dadrock cover bands
>Metalcore

At least I saw J Mascis walking his dog once
>>
Is there anyone else in San clemente or at least south orange county?
>>
Literally three bands. A few college kids in a rock band, me and my friends in a spoken word/noise project, and a funk band
>>
>>65143980
>Literally three bands
You guys should put on a mini-festival called "Literally Three Bands"
>>
>Madison, Wisconsin

A garage-rock circle jerk that pales in comparison to pretty much every other garage rock scene in the country and has somehow sustained itself despite a complete and utter lack of hooks or interesting bands within the scene (spearheaded by kind turkey records-the hussy, and associated bands), some scattered hardcore and powerviolence projects with a solid core following of like 40 people, and an emergent trap-rap scene where nearly every show devolves into sloppy underage drinking (trapo is really good tho, just not my kinda thing).

also: projects like Jex Thoth, Zola Jesus, and Peaking lights currently or have in the past lived and practiced in the city, but never play out because people here don't support them.

>(fuck this place)
>>
>>65144052
>Jex Thoth
>people here don't support them
Man that must fucking suck
>>
>>65132060
>Cover bands of dad rock
>Dad rock
>Rebellious teenager bands I know nothing about but are mostly emo/light metal
>Nothing very analytical that I know of
Going to see Meatloaf on June 1st if anyone else is going to that show. Haven't listen to any of his discog since my dad bought us tickets without telling me.
>>
>>65144068
okay i lied a little-they finally played their first show in madison in like october and got a really solid turnout-but the majority of metal fans here like Deafheaven-core bands :'(
>>
Western NY
All I know of is Darksleep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4SZdtZ4AK8
Otherwise it's typical dad rock cover bands or whatever, I don't really pay attention. I do have a local shop which sells synths, the owner is real into them.
>>
>>65144186
I went to a show where pallbearer was the opener and Deafheaven was the main act and it was painful to see all the college kids talking over pallbearer (who were great) and then going apeshit for the mediocre, sub-screamo histronics of George Clarke.
>>
This all sounds so amazing.
>>
>>65132060
country and ghetto ass rap
>>
>>65144562
Brantford, Ontario?
>>
>>65141000
Was gonna post this. I hear the rap scene is coming up, but I don't know where to start. I used to very somewhat follow the underground post hardcore scene about 7 years ago, but I haven't heard much since thing.

All we have is Summerfest, I guess.
>>
>>65132400
>>65132416
>>65132449
these3
>>
>>65132060
Really good dreampop, chillwave, experimental
VERY bad rap, hip hop, rock
>>
Djent, sludge, metalcore, good bedroom pop, terrible white rappers, post-grunge
>>
all cover bands
>>
Rich kids playing stereotypical indie rock/pop music
>>
shitty trap music. Fuck Atlanta
>>
Deathcore...but labeled as ''Hardcore'' and ''Beatdown'', fuck Tucson man
>>
insane amount of really really garbage pierce the veil esq bands. its a nightmare. i left
>>
>>65143925
Philadelphia
>>
>>65139079
oooh I'm getting real sick of this
>>
Surprisingly great
Ames, Iowa
>>
>>65133396
Philadelphia and Wilkes Barre/Scranton
>>
LA County is either psych rock revival, burger bands, noise outfits, or good artists like myself
>>
File: Stromae01.jpg (475 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Stromae01.jpg
475 KB, 3000x2000
This guy + a bunch of shitty synthpop bands.
>>
>>65132060
relatively pretentious with some good stuff here and there.
Used to be all pop-punk/post-hardcore so i can't complain

windsor, ontario
>>
>>65143925
>>65143945
That you Jordan?
>>
>>65146485
Nope.

hint: It's in Canada

>>65147601
Nope
>>
-garbage post-hardcore
-punk bands that get drunk after covering half a song
-acoustic pop punk pussies that the only thing they can write a song about is the oppisite gender
-lo fi/shoegaze hipsters
- and the i love anything from the 90s starter pack
>>
>>65134937
Are you from southern california?
>>
>>65132856
Hey, moving to Seattle soon, where are the good DIY shows?
>>
Electro-jam bands and brostep.

There's a couple bluegrass covers here and there but that's about it. We have a new festival coming but that features a lot of indie/folk bands and a couple decent rappers. Hopefully that turns into something good.

The brostep fucking sucks. I'd welcome some decent future bass or psych rock. There was actually a local band that did a lot of psych rock which was pretty promising but they went the electro-jam road and suck now.
>>
>>65147629
-also forgot to metion soundcloud trap artist
>>
>>65138296
No I'm in the Netherlands
>>
>>65138486

This.
>>
Boston so...
good if you like hardcore and shitty punk bands I guess.
>>
>>65132060
Full of gypsies who listen to bad taste oriental music

But are a few who listen to manele (best oriental music)
>>
emo revival and joke grindcore bands. dry
>>
poseurs
>>
Brisbane doesn't really have a music scene. Like.. It's just a mix of want to be triple j core bands, post hard core to satisfy the never ending line of 18-21 year olds that think the have a unique taste, edm trash that sell drink tickets for clubs and old broken cobbers who cover dumb acoustic pub songs.
>>
Post grunge and new millennium grunge revival. Also some generic ass but rock
>>
>>65135172
You need to get out more. Get out to Gatsby's motherfucker. There's great Jazz, Jazz Fusion, and Emo up there. I've heard a band that embodies Jazz, Ska, and Emo. You just gotta get in with the right crowd. Let's go to J&Js sometime homie.
>>
>>65136755
Shit, you need to get out more. You're just a stupid cunt if you're honestly gonna complain about the scene in NY. I played a show out there once and just went with first drunk people I met to the first house show and saw a great synth-pop band.
>>
>>65138486
I'm from Fort Worth and this is so accurate. I like more local music here than in Austin honestly.
>>
>>65141756
Do you know anything about rock related stuff? I've got some friends in the cities and we play experimental rock. We're thinking about trying to do shows soon. I haven't really been able to connect with the twin cities local scene since I've been away at college.
>>
>>65136032
Mars
>>
File: hipster-tash_3046941b.jpg (197 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
hipster-tash_3046941b.jpg
197 KB, 620x387
<<
>>
>>65132457
I actually would love to see that t b h
>>
>>65132060
A gray, blank square.
>>
>>65143584
sounds better than anything else ITT

i wish i lived somewhere where the worst thing i'd have to sit through was art pop and jazz fusion
>>
Connecticut, guess.
>>
>>65150857
why
>>
>>65132060
Indie atmospheric experimental pop-rock jazz fusion

t. metal fan in a college town
>>
File: connecticut.jpg (193 KB, 1024x614) Image search: [Google]
connecticut.jpg
193 KB, 1024x614
>>65151016
ayy

>>65145452
I feel this feel
>>
Melodeath, drum n bass, dubstep mostly.

Leiden kinda sucks.
>>
>>65151438
I wonder if things are better around Springfield/Amherst.
>>
>>65151520
Probably not.
>>
>>65151539
Anything's better than CT though.
>>
File: reaction 15.jpg (74 KB, 800x682) Image search: [Google]
reaction 15.jpg
74 KB, 800x682
Used to be great music and many well known musicians from my side of town, but then it just got changed out with shitty rap.
I hate this shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqlZ8qf1bI
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.