[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get into this. So far i'm liking the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1464045970199s.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1464045970199s.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
I'm trying to get into this. So far i'm liking the upbeat vibe and the production but i don't get what makes it utterly incredible like you guys are saying. Why do you guys love it so much? I want to love it
>>
Sometimes people just don't like stuff.
I still can't get into radiohead or animal collective
>>
>>65128030
yeah i know and you guys probably won't make me love it but i want to
>>
>>65127957
The album has 3500 (900 according to some sources) samples in it. Also it progresses from happy to melancholic to happy again seamlessly throughout. Not to mention it's incredibly fun
>>
>>65128030
True Love Waits (for you)
>>
If you've ever tried to make music you'll appreciate how much hard work went into the record
>>
Listen to it in a very bright day when you feel happy and dumb
>>
>>65128057
>The album has 3500 (900 according to some sources) samples in it.
that makes me appreciate the work that went into it but not the music itself
>>
>>65128117
Well then you're just not into it. Don't beat yourself about it, it's not because you don't "get" it or whatever.
>>
The fact is, for the most part, the way the music was made is a whole lot cooler than the music itself

Exceptions are Frontier Psychiatrist, SILY, Electricity, and Live at Dominoes. Two Hearts is okay too. But overall, the album is more impressive than it is good. Still, I'll take it just for those songs.
>>
>>65127957
I thought it was "okay." A very well-done plunderphonics album, but I just didn't enjoy it very much.
>>
>>65127957
It makes me feel like dancing.
>>
Whats the difference between sampler based plunderphonics albums like this and turntablism? The latter is surely all samples essentially too right?
>>
Stop shitposting and pay full attention to the music you pleb
>>
>>65128255
but this is plunderphonics isn't it
>>
>>65128255
turntablism would only be sampling using record players and tend to have technics like scratching. plunderphonics is any music made entirely from samples. its an umbrella term. i wouild say all turntablism is plunderphonics but not all plunderphonics is turntablism.
>>
>>65127957
it's great because of this http://www.whosampled.com/The-Avalanches/Since-I-Left-You/samples/
>>
>>65128336
Fuck off
>>
>>65128347
Fuck off
>>
>>65127957
It literally (literally) took me ten tries of starting from the beginning to get through the whole album, because I loved the first couple tracks and didn't really care for the rest

Then I did it, and now it's my favorite album of all time. Don't give up OP, you will learn to appreciate the amazing hooks and all the different sounds that were so creatively and intricately sprinkled throughout the mix
>>
>>65128439
ok
>>
>>65128030
>radiohead or animal collective
Fucking swill tier music for plebeians.

However, Avalanches is truly patrician.
>>
>>65129894
>literally dance music
>more patrician than anco
heh
>>
>>65129972
>AnCo
>not dance music
>>
It's actually not a happy album
>>
It's a lot of samples of 60/70s pop/funk/disco repurposed to sound like slightly more interesting pop/funk/disco. It's really fun but not remotely as mind blowing as people say. For all the sampling work the songwriting is incredibly straightforward
>>
>>65130001
MPP is a thousand times less danceable than sily
>>
i think its good because the album moves between moods seamlessly. the songs flow together really well and its a very clean, coherent listen. the first time through i could barely tell when the last track ended and the new one began in some circumstances.

other than that its just tasteful, complex sounds that are not too over the top but still bring a lot to the table.
>>
>>65127957
Its nothing more than a glorified Twee album, dont worry about it
>>
>>65127957
this album is the party of your dreams
>>
It's a journey from start to finish. For me it's an album that represents leaving your inhibiting trouble/troubles behind and going out to find the colour of the world. You have your front bookend of "Since I left you, I found the world so new" - a happy quote with sad implications - before this huge 16-track adventure with varying atmospheres, emotions, genre styles and influences, with all the samples pretty much immaculately placed to move to the beat and keep that forward flow, fading and swelling. Then the back bookend is "tried but I just can't get you, ever since the day I left you" - which is now a sad quote with happy implications, which confirms the transition from melancholy and pessimistic, to comfortable and optimistic.
>>
>>65132077
>>65132215
these
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.