[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we experiencing the beginning of a musical renaissance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1bcdfd6b.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1bcdfd6b.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
Are we experiencing the beginning of a musical renaissance?
>>
>>65125194
plebs only use one hyped album as an example.

but yes, I think we are. but it is connected to a wider cultural shift, largely connected to psychedelics and a vibrant youth culture.
>>
>>65125194
probably

but what the fuck does that album have anything to do with this discussion?
>>
>>65125225

I think it's just interesting to see the mainstream audiences beginning to accept experimental music
>>
>>65125225
>tfw youthful but not vibrant or taking psychadelics
>>
>>65125278
Give an example.
>>
>>65125278
>mainstream audiences beginning to accept experimental music

audiences will take everything theyre told. yes, wak up sheeple etc. but its true.
>>
No, not at all. Art music is dead. Jazz is dead. There's nothing really experimental or artful about Death Grips, or Kanye, or Kendrick or whoever. People are embracing imperfection and ambiguity in the mainstream, but that's not "experimentation." It's a start, I guess. If it's the beginning it's truly the very beginning
>>
>>65125279
>tfw youthful and vibrant but hate psychedelics
this is a good feel
>>
>>65125304
>People are embracing imperfection and ambiguity in the mainstream

they arent, they are embracing the lo-fi and mid-fi meme, thats all. a corporate strategy.
>>
>>65125324
im curious, why do you hate psychedelics? hate is a strong word.
>>
>>65125287
This album, and to a lesser extent TPaB
Also
>Snoop's & Dre's latest work
>FKAtwigs
>Janelle Monae
>>
>>65125366
because he's one of those reddit 'red pilled' fedora faggots ;^)
>>
>>65125369
>Snoop's latest work
?
>>
>>65125360
Don't be so paranoid. Artists are able to make what they want now, they're not being dumbed down to meet a sales quota. The ability to easily go independent has improved relations with execs and artists I'm sure.
>>
>>65125360
Yeah, I think it goes deeper than that though. A lot of artists are deconstructing their genres and being reflective and self critical in their lyrics. But still, it isn't art. It's just more self aware pop shit. And I don't disagree that it's also a huge cash in, still.
>>
>>65125369
>any of that
>experimental
Slightly outside of the box by the mainest of mainstream isn't the same thing as experimental. Especially if it's basically the same as funk music from 40 years ago and hip hop from 20. What does "experimental" mean to you?
>>
>>65125381
7 Days of Funk in particular. And to some extent the reggae one, as goofy and mildly racist as it was
>>
>>65125416
Look faggot if you listen to rusty gates swinging for 14 hours that's your prerogative. Compared to the 2000's, this shit is basically avant-garde. We're going in a direction, don't ruin it because you want to be cooler than everyone else.
>>
>>65125413
> it isn't art
Why not?
>>
>>65125369
>FKAtwigs

is it experimental? i thought it was just shit

think she recorded her vocals while rob patty bumfucked her
>>
>>65125457
>snoops latest work
>mainstreams whorest nigger is an example of envelope pushing future music

you fucking retard.
>>
>>65125426
oh, I asked because this is actually his latest album I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R02CZmkk-w0
Published on Feb 5, 2016
>>
nope, a two-decade golden age came to an end in about 2015. I'll see you all in 2025 or so
>>
>>65125490
I didn't say all of it. There is plenty of stuff Snoop does that is still west coast thug music. But I said it's the beginning of something, obviously the OGs are teaching the new artists. Snoop is having major influence on the scene.

And you know what. ASAP Rocky should be on that list too
>>
>>65125492
I haven't kept up with his very latest. He did some shit with the crips and bloods of LA that was pretty cool though. Here it is
>https://youtu.be/KriWAgOFjFU
>>
>>65125194
No this is just one flash-in-the-pan instance of something "different" becoming popular
>>
>>65125595
I can see him forming his own branch of Aftermath or even starting up his own in the future. That will definitely lead to a huge source of poetry driven music entering the mainstream.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.