[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Elvis good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Is Elvis good?
>>
>>65122681
he dead
>>
Yes, Elvis is good. Good and DEAD!
>>
HE
>>
Elvis was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG9ph9xkOrw
>>
File: download (4).jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>yfw he's probably dead
>>
elvis is like eminem, only dead.
>>
>>65122876
I've never seen this, but it's fantastic. Jesus shit.
>>
>>65122876
i was about to post this same thing
>>
>>65122681
Blue Suede Shoes is the best shoes!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuqF_LC_U7Y
>>65125114
>>
He was good because of his charisma and his role. The truth is if Elvis hadn't happened I think rock probably would've happened anyway because of Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Fats Domino. But I don't know that it would've ever taken off. Elvis is endlessly likable - he was good-looking, had a masculine but seductive voice, and was the kind of guy every guy wants to be and every girl wants to be swept off their feet by. Before Elvis, white groups would water down blues music to make really weak pop music that was a pale imitation of black music of the time. Elvis was critical because he was into black music and didn't want to water it down at all. He wasn't the only one, but the remarkable thing is that it was someone so charismatic who did it. If it hadn't been for him, I doubt rock would've dominated popular music for decades. If he hadn't been a musician, Elvis could've been a hell of a politician.
>>
Elvis in 1973. wiki Aloha From Hawaii. It was ann event unprecedented for its time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHLWktxU5QA
>>
File: 1435368337612.jpg (9 KB, 261x200) Image search: [Google]
1435368337612.jpg
9 KB, 261x200
>>65122876
fuck me his voice is beautiful
>>
File: *tins fedora*.jpg (392 KB, 830x831) Image search: [Google]
*tins fedora*.jpg
392 KB, 830x831
>>65122967
>probably
>>
Elvis Presley was the first great swindle of rock'n'roll, and the prototype for the ones that would follow. Equipped him with a masterful rhythm section (Bill Black on bass and Scotty Moore on guitar), he was marketed as the juvenile delinquent that he was not. In segregated America, Presley became the ultimate white robber of black hits: Arthur Crudup's That's All Right Mama (1954), Roy Brown's Good Rockin' Tonight (1955), Junior Parker's Mystery Train (1955). He began to move towards "whiter" material with Carl Perkins' Blue Suede Shoes (1956), with Shorty Long on piano, Mae Axton's Heartbreak Hotel (1956), perhaps his vocal masterpiece, Leiber & Stoller's Hound Dog (1956), but his black soul still emerged in Otis Blackwell's diptych Don't Be Cruel (1956), his greatest hit, and All Shook Up (1957). Leiber & Stoller's Jailhouse Rock (1958), finally an irreverent boogie, was his swan song. Presley the rocker died there: he went on to croon and shout operatic melodies such as old Italian songs, and to specialize in seduction numbers such as Love Me Tender (1956, stolen from the soundtrack of "Rancho Notorious"), and Hugo (Peretti) & Luigi (Creatore)'s Can't Help Falling In Love (1961, a rewrite of Giovanni Martini's Plaisir d'Amour).
>>
>>65127823
lemme guess, this is scaruffi's doing

nobody else would feel the need to include the italian covers he did
>>
>>65122775
WUZ
>>
Most of the early rock-and-rollers were black and most also had a comedic aspect to them, from Chuck Berry's duckwalk to Fats Domino's basketball shoes to Little Richard and Screamin' Jay Hawkins's makeup and shock antics. Bill Haley was white, but at almost 30 he was a shade too old to make teenage girls wet themselves. However, Elvis set the bar for rock's first bad boy and its first sex symbol. Of all the 50s rock-and-rollers, Elvis was perhaps the most intimidating to parents due to his suggestive stage moves and also because he was white. In a still-segregated America, the antics of Little Richard might be simply written off as those crazy, degenerate Negroes being crazy, degenerate Negroes, but a white boy was expected to act more proper. On the other hand, the fact that Elvis was white had much the same effect as Eminem in a later generation, that he made a black music genre ok for white kids to listen to.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.