[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>pop music is harder to write because it has to appeal to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 27b.jpg (22 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
27b.jpg
22 KB, 600x600
>pop music is harder to write because it has to appeal to more people
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 600x375
>>65122173
>dubs are harder to get because it has to appeal to more people
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 188x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 188x264
>music
>>
Not the appeal to people, but the simplicity and quality.

Way harder to write something like Basket Case by Green Day than some Mars Volta type shit
>>
File: 1463290385292.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463290385292.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>65122251
>Way harder to write something like Basket Case by Green Day than some Mars Volta type shit
>>
File: chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>65122251
>Mars Volta is his go-to non-pop band
>>
Songwriter here. Personally i think there are three ways to go into a song. Experimental: which isnt so much songwriting focused, but sonically focused. Pop: which is just catchy, accessible. And than just well crafted song: should be memorable and clear, but is far more complex than a pop song. Difficulty to make:
1. Well crafted
2. Pop
3. Expieriemental
>>
>>65122296
incredibly irrelevant thing to whine about
>>
>>65122296

not really, just a good example for the point I'm making, which is it is easier to make really complex but shitty music than simple but good music
>>
>>65122173
That's correct though
Try it sometime and come back to me
>>
>>65122657
I think experimental can shift depending on how much effort you put into it. If you're doing some insane studio trickery and are doing some weird stuff with music theory or song structure it could be a lot harder. Saddly people don't always try their hardest and so the style is saturated with stuff that makes your ranking justified.

>>65122699
>Mars Volta are shitty
Wew lad.
>>
>>65122751
This

I've started writing more pop shit and holy hell I get why they have a team of people.

Also hooks are a bitch to master
>>
>>65122751
>50 shades of grey was harder to write than the metamorphosis because it has to appeal to more people

This is what you sound like right now
>>
>Soulja Boy Up in this ho
>Watch me crank it, watch me roll
>Watch me crank dat Soulja Boy
>Then Superman dat ho

Damn...
>>
>>65122878
This. There's a lot of experimental music that simply focuses on textures, which I actually enjoy a lot but definitely isn't difficult to create. But take a band like Animal Collective who utilize all three and you've got something pretty hard to duplicate.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.