[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: SC COVER1.png (936 KB, 1439x851) Image search: [Google]
SC COVER1.png
936 KB, 1439x851
I am currently working on a rap mixtape, 12 tracks, any tips?
>>
Don't have an intro
>>
>>65120926
How do you mean? What kind of intro?
>>
Make sure that you don't just host it on Soundcloud or bandcamp. Upload it to datpiff and if your not using someone else's beats then upload to Spotify, etc.
>>
>>65121094
Any particular reason why I shouldn't use soundcloud? That's what I've been using for little shit
>>
>>65121109
No no I mean don't upload it exclusively to soundcloud. Put it other places as well like bandcamp, datpiff, etc for accessibility purposes. Put it on soundcloud but also have it on Datpiff or something.
>>
File: CRIME.png (13 KB, 340x186) Image search: [Google]
CRIME.png
13 KB, 340x186
>>65121198
awesome, thank you!
>>
>>65120926
Intros are great
have memey string section "you are now entering the void"
>>
A question I have is I have a friend who did all original production in a program called Mixcraft (If you have any recommendations for better production software please lmk) using the included samples as well as some royalty free samples- the only outside sample he used was from the intro to a mariachi song he found on Youtube and it is about 10 seconds long- what is the legality of the track?
>>
>>65121247
If it's a copyrighted song that he's sampling it's a legal grey area, but for that I really doubt it matters, especially if it's a free mixtape
With a mixtape the worst that happens is you get a cnd and have to alter or remove the track, but the only time I remember that happening on a free project is Frank ocean's American wedding and that's because he straight lifted the instrumental from hotel California
>>
>>65121247
It depends on the track, if the band is still active, if the label that released the track still has copyright, if the label even still exists. I've always found that if the song is not available on iTunes or Google Play then there is a great chance that nobody will give a shit if the track is sampled or used.
>>
>>65121305
>>65121312
Thank you guys!
>>
>>65121312
>>65121305
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9eTAhPUbJQ

It's the first 20 seconds or so of this
>>
Anything else my dudes?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.