[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come there's never a drum thread? Let's post our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 20160523_142421-1.jpg (3 MB, 2690x1859) Image search: [Google]
20160523_142421-1.jpg
3 MB, 2690x1859
How come there's never a drum thread? Let's post our kits favorite snares, heads, cymbals, kits, how many of our crashes crack, etc. Love my Gretsch Renown picked it up for 600. Really love my Masters snare too I haven't even thought about using anyother snare. I'm trying to get a K custom dark ride holy shit I tried one the other day I can't believe the sound it makes. Or a Meinl Byzance Vintage Sand not sure yet anything will be better than my B8 I have used for 5 years
>>
>>65110522
WEEEAAAAAKK
>>
File: 1462151768654.png (33 KB, 543x343) Image search: [Google]
1462151768654.png
33 KB, 543x343
>>65110941
>>
TF OP how have u been playing five years and you still have gear this shitty
>>
Because /mu/ doesn't play instruments. I'm loving me some Masterwork cymbals. Great bang for the buck and some of the greatest sounds I've ever heard from "thin" crashes.
>>
>>65111126
Lol I wouldn't consider the maple Renown to be shitty I have the same A custom crash virtually every drummer I see use and iron cobra double pedals I'll admit my ride is horrid but what else is shit about my kit? K hi hats are fairly good what do you have? My kit gets the job done for what I play lol thanks for the criticism
>>
Did you guys take lessons?
What is the best way to self-teach?
Is playing along with a metronome regularly enough to eventually become better at timekeeping?
>>
>>65111285
If you want to learn at all teacher or no teacher you ABSOLUTELY need a metronome if you want to teach yourself get a metronome and a book full of sheet music that basically just has the essentials and teaches how to keep time. Learning how to read thr music and keeping time is so important if you can't count to 4 you won't be a good drummer. For me my first year was entirely full of basic shit that would only teach me to keep time properly. If you want to learn songs right away I would advise learning Nirvana, Sublime, and of course AC-DC songs. These bands have simple beats but will really help you keep time easy.
>>
>>65111222
I assumed there would be drum threads always see guitar and bass threads everyday. I've always been skeptical about those cymbals the price seems too low compared to other cymbals might try some out though
>>
>>65111285
I'd say a teacher will definitely make things easier and faster 100% of the time because you won't develop bad habits (unless your teacher is shit).

A metronome is an absolute must for timekeeping, but only use it when you're specifically practicing timekeeping because it can slow your productivity down quite bit. Just try to consciously keep time when you practice without a metronome also (i.e. count out loud).

Use some of the old school drum material for practice:

Since spam filter won't let me post, google:

Stick control.pdf

Advanced Funk studies. pdf

Syncopation for the Modern Drummer. pdf

Those should keep you busy for a while. Start out with Ted Reed and Stick Control as a beginner. Advanced Funk Studies is more... advanced.
>>
>>65111285
Listen to jazz.
>>
>>65111497
I've had the thin crash for 3 years and no single sign of wear.
>>
>>65111251
get a K Istanbul 22 ride pleb
>>
>>65111611
This is true it is very easy to develope bad habits with druming most of the bad habits include stick control, failing to keep time, and the way you hit the drums. The first few months of playing I had horrible foot work, held the sticks wrong, and never rim shot the snare ever. Thank god I had a teacher to catch these problems early most the time your bad habits won't feel like bad habits and you think it's normal.
>>
>>65111710
Give me 700 bucks and I will other than that I'll stick to the K custom dark I'm getting post your kit
>>
>>65111792
Glad you got on the right track. Nothing can hold you back more than bad technique, no matter where. Hell, I had a wobbly throne for 3 years and only when I got a new one did I notice how much it held my playing back.
>>
>>65111627
This once you start druming you really really appreciate jazz and just listening to it helps you. I can play jazz not like super good but I would be comfortable performing it in a crowd. It is a little out of my comfort zone as I mostly play more hardcore punk and funk
>>
File: newest drum pics 001.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
newest drum pics 001.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>65111222

Nice kit...they Sonors?

Here's mine...
>>
>>65111887
Holy shit I have had the same wobbly throne for 5 years and a loose ass kick pedal for a while now I can't wait until my double Iron Cobras come in. There's so much that affects druming even sticks affect the way you play. I can only feel really comfortable playing with Vater Mike Johnston sticks. I'm glad I fixed my bad techniques early it could really make or break a drummer
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.