[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pink Floyd the best band (excluding the drama/including the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 220px-Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (17 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
17 KB, 220x220
Is Pink Floyd the best band (excluding the drama/including the arts and story) the best thing to ever happen to Music?
Not a troll thread, please give me valuable reasons for and against.
>>
No. However, to find out you will need to explore more music, particularly the prog genre. It's not something easily explained with words. I recommend Genesis' Selling England By the Pound as a starting point, with branches going to VDGG (starting with Pawn Hearts) and King Crmison (starting with their debut, In the Court of the Crimson King). From there on you will discover and more music by yourself. Start with Gensis though. As an ex-Floyd fanatic, Genesis started my real exploration of music.
PF are still pretty cool though.
>>
File: Sadus_1990_Swallowed In Black_1.jpg (493 KB, 1516x1522) Image search: [Google]
Sadus_1990_Swallowed In Black_1.jpg
493 KB, 1516x1522
>>65108572

No, they're filthy hippies.

Pic related is the best band ever, and this album is unbeatable perfection. BTFO plebs.
>>
>>65108572
Pink Floyd is pretty fucking good. Don't listen to the contrarian hipster faggots on here.
>>
I mean all you guys are saying Pink Floyd arent the best band of all time, then who the fuck is it? NMH? Fuckin' Prancy Bastards?
You shitlords and your shitty obscure tastes for the sake of being obscure and contrarian are fucking trash.
Pink Floyd is objectively the best band to ever make music, better than shitty Led Zeppelin, and better than your favorite band that only you and 6 other people on a music forum on 4chan have heard of.
>>
>>65108802
I'm not 16, so I don't have a "best band ever" or a "best album ever".
>>
The fact that so many books still name Pink Floyd as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. Pink Floyd sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Pink Floyd did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>65108572
YES
>>
OP here, just monitoring, first post, bump
>>
>>65108802
ahhh.. summer's here
>>
>>65108572
nope anyone can play stuff real slow and long so the song takes for hours and make weird noises
>>
>>65108733
Thank you.
There are artists I have been avoiding for no particular reason, such as Neil Young, Warren Haynes, BB King and Eric Clapton, just to later realize they're actually surprisingly good.

I have yet to hear Genesis then.
>>65108738
I didn't ask for what's your favourite band.
>>65108802
Shut up you, you're a faggot.
I admire Pink Floyd's music above all and you are an absolute, childish faggot.
>>65108899
This
>>65109050
I respect you have so much knowledge about the subject, I will have to get better at that myself.
I, however, am disgusted by your shitty, college knowitall attitude.
>>
>>65111360
>falling for this much bait
lurk more
>>
>>65111360
>I have yet to hear Genesis then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Spl1cOf-o
>>
File: ahmed-pinkfloyd.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
ahmed-pinkfloyd.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
>>65109050
Not liking a band because they are commercially succesful is literally the most stupid reason ever.

IMHO : they were the best band ever until they released pic related.
>>
Bach is the most important thing to happen to music m8
>>
>>65111919
Louder than Words tho
>>
>>65108572

Pink Floyd is a great studio band. They are really good at making records.

They aren't a 'great band' in the way Deep Purple is, ie they can't actually play
>>
>>65113176
I dunno man, Dave Gilmour's fucking awesome at his guitar work
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.