[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>everyone credits these faggots for "inventing"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: The-Velvet-Underground-an-007.jpg (32 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
The-Velvet-Underground-an-007.jpg
32 KB, 460x276
>everyone credits these faggots for "inventing" noise rock/punk
>Black Monk Time came out a year before TVU's first album

what gives? why are The Monks robbed of their rightful acclaim?
>>
>>65106617
andy warhol hype transcends the linearity of time
>>
Nobody credits theme for punk though. That always goes to The Sonics. They do credit them for noise rock/drone stuff though, which makes sense.
>>
File: 0UPbfJX[1].png (25 KB, 1111x145) Image search: [Google]
0UPbfJX[1].png
25 KB, 1111x145
looks fine to me
>>
>>65106617
because not enough people have heard of them

plenty of bands ripoff other bands and get credit for the sound/style
>>
>>65106688
>VU "ripped off" the Monks
they came to similar musical effects through vastly different influences, m8
>>
I tried giving a friend of mine a reissue of black monk time for Christmas one year. After listening to one side, he said he didn't want it and told me what to buy him instead cause that was such a terrible pick in his mind. He's an avid VU/Lou Reed fan and likes garage rock in general. I didn't get it
>>
Never even heard of them
>>
>>65106666
pretty good tb.hOctet; Music for a Large Ensemble; Violin Phase
>>
>>65106734
ive never listened to them but ok
>>
Name one rockband prior to TVU that explored the same subjects
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.