[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. I listened to it and it wasn't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
I don't get it. I listened to it and it wasn't really bad it just wasn't anything special.

Do I just not like indie rock? Is it that Seinfeld isn't funny?

Am I not a true P A T R I C I A N?
>>
>>65099084
It's really good for its genre but if you don't like indie there's no point, most of it is super mediocre. Fwiw I used to stan ITAOTS a little bit but I don't care for it at all now.
>>
>>65099084
>Am I not a true P A T R I C I A N?
ugh i hate newfags
>>
>>65099084
no it means that your personal taste differs from other peoples. its nothing special.
>>
>>65099084
>Seinfeld
how did he make this post?
>>
You don`t love Jesus Christ enough
>>
The only girl I've ever loved
Was born with roses in her eyes
But then they buried her alive
One evening 1945
With just her sister at her side
And only weeks before the guns
All came and rained on everyone
Now she's a little boy in Spain
Playing pianos filled with flames
On empty rings around the sun
All sing to say my dream has come
>>
>>65099373
nobody cares how good you can copy/paste
>>
>>65099373
and now we must
>>
if you don't like this just listen to other /mu/ core
>>
>>65099419
neck yourself
>>
I DUDE to this album and i cry
>>
the album is shockingly overrated and I like indie.
people say they like it because it's hip and cool
>>
File: anne.jpg (67 KB, 948x1575) Image search: [Google]
anne.jpg
67 KB, 948x1575
>>65099084
read this first
>>
Trust me, one day you'll love the record.

Just like I love Jesus Christ.
>>
>>65099084
bro this shit hasn't been patrician since like 2008
>>
File: 1303359938380.png (537 KB, 670x720) Image search: [Google]
1303359938380.png
537 KB, 670x720
>>65099084
>judging an album on a single listen
You should know it takes seven or eight to comprehend an album this complex.
>>
It's a great record, but you don't have to like every record that other people consider great dude
>>
>>65099084
>Is it that Seinfeld isn't funny?
Ultrapleb
>>
>>65099526
THIS
the album is mostly nothing but a meme (still an ok album though)
>>
it's an album that sounds way better if you're 13 and just discovered /mu/ and only listened to alt rock and super plebby indie stuff up to that point.
>>
>>65099084
its more about unraveling a strange story through the lyrics about the author.

if you didnt like it thats okay. its not the best its just considered really good for what it is doesnt mean you have to like it.
>>
>>65099858
>>65099526
>>65100007
>trying his hard to justify your disliking for an album
Holy fuck just listen to the album for what it is. Stop caring about what other think of it and how it would damage your "individual" cred.

If you don't like it then that's fine. This album is really hit or miss anyway.
>>
>>65100099
That's probably why it's weird for me. I thought it was ok. It was pleasant and I liked it but it wasn't something I would add to my library or found that interesting. It seems to be very polarizing with some people absolutely creaming their pants over it and others swearing it is the worst shit they have ever heard, but I just found it to be ok.
>>
>>65100148
It's not appealing unless it emotionally clicks with you.
I used to not care about it but now I love it.

Just don't go around spewing shit like: "if I don't like it then other people must pretend they do!", it makes you look like an ass.
>>
>>65099084
>Seinfeld isn't funny
wut
>>
>>65100199
It's a meme, "Seinfeld isn't funny" to people who have never seen it and just watched it now because it completely redefined sitcoms and influenced so many later sitcoms and inspired so many copycats that it brings nothing interesting to the table. What was once amazing and innovative is now par for the course and boring.
>>
>>65099084
Indie rock is simple music that liberal arts students discuss so they can spend less time thinking and more time circlejerking. Shoegazing is an extension of that. If you want real /mu/core to live by, check out this.
>>
>>65100285
Pretentious cunt.

OP check out Remain in Lights
>>
>>65100246
Not everything in this life is a meme, lad.
Calm down, enjoy the show. Listen to good music. Be good.
>>
>>65099538
I acc read this when i was 15/16 cos of ITAOTS
>>
Some people click with it, some don't.
It's one of my favourite albums, but it doesn't have to be the case for anybody else.
>>
>>65099084
It's just a meme m8, glorified campfire music for newfriends.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.