[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Elliott Smith depressed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Elliott_Smith2.jpg (96 KB, 383x545) Image search: [Google]
Elliott_Smith2.jpg
96 KB, 383x545
Was Elliott Smith depressed?
>>
>>65093425
he had a broken sink for a face
>>
>>65093442
he should have done some gimmick where he wears a mask
>>
>>65093425
there's a chance he was
>>
no he was a poseur like the orchid tape kids or carseat headrest
>>
>>65093425
>was he depressed
>killed himself

Nah, he was probably fine.
>>
>>65093559
>killed himself
oooooh boy here we go
>>
>>65093539
you can't be a poseur if you got molested and remember it
>>
File: C9E.jpg (268 KB, 1037x1440) Image search: [Google]
C9E.jpg
268 KB, 1037x1440
>>65093569
>"le Courtney did it wake up sheeple xD"

Nice meme.
>>
>>65093442
He was a qt occacionally

>>65093559
>killed himself
>>
>>65093559
>>65093569
>>65093608
he was killed by a drug dealer who he owed money to
>>
>>65093559
>killed himself
>stabs himself in the chest multiple times
>girlfriend removes knife and refuses to talk to police
>>
>>65093608
>he and gf would at times have intense arguments
>he was shitting up the relationship between her gf and her band
>they argued the night he died
>the fingerprints of the knife were removed before the ambulance arrived
>she removed the knife form his chest
>two stabs in the heart with no hesitation signs

Yeah sure thing buddy. Also, Cobain's case has nothing to do with this.
>>
>>65093425
I once had a prof walk into class and start playing an Elliot Smith song as people walked in, and then he gave a weird talk about getting help if you or anyone you know is depressed. It was pretty strange.
>>
>>65093853
thats really cool. what sort of class was it?
>>
>>65093881
kickboxing
>>
>>65093853
That would be surreal as fuck
>>
>>65093881
Sex Ed
>>
>>65093966
ha. I mean like like a big lecture hall or a close knit thing. english department? ya know
>>
>>65093694
>two stabs in the heart with no hesitation signs
Is this forreal? I didn't want to believe the "he was murdered" shit, but that's kind of fucked.
>>
File: 345345.jpg (354 KB, 3128x2157) Image search: [Google]
345345.jpg
354 KB, 3128x2157
>>65093559
>>>>>>""""""""""""""killed himself"""""""""""""""
>>
>>65093881
>>65094028
It was an intro level CS class everyone at my school has to take, in a huge lecture hall.
>>
>>65094085
coroner said it could have been a homicide.

pulled the knife out after he pieced his heart once, then did it again. no fingerprints on the knife.

much more believable than the Kurtspiracy.
>>
>>65094085
Yeah. there were also rumours he owed some drug dealer cash. He almost certainly got murdered. He even was on the right track supposedly and the happiest he had been in quite some time.
>>
>>65093442
And a head that just took up space
>>
From A Basement is his best electric album
>>
>Elliot secures a knife to the ground and falls on it
>conspiritards take this to mean he was murdered

fucking lmao
>>
>>65094192
>He even was on the right track supposedly and the happiest he had been in quite some time
Yeah, if by "on the right track" you mean
>under insane amounts of pressure to 1. re-establish himself after fucking going insane for two years and 2. put together his magnum opus, a double album that would have been up there with Kid A in terms of radical departures in style
>Completely cold turkey from alcohol, drugs and his medication meaning horrible withdrawal symptoms and no substances to control his depression or help him forget about his traumatic past
>about to confront his stepfather about abuse and probable molestation for the first time in over a decade with the rest of his family there also

Yeah man he was in the fucking clear all right

I don't care about whether he was murdered or not it's not like it'll make him less dead but get half a clue what you're talking about before you say that he "almost certainly got murdered" and that he was "the happiest he had been in quite some time"
>>
>>65094251
XO is more consistent but if FABOTH had been completed it would have been one of the best albums ever made easily
>>
>>65094271
Surely there was a better way to kill yourself than taking a stab wound to the chest
>>
>>65093559
>>65093569
>>65093608
His ex gf fucking killed him
>>
>>65094185
>>65094192
The only thing that made me doubt it was someone saying he was to have dinner with his stepdad soon, like meeting him for the first time in years, and that coupled with trying to come clean was just too much of an ordeal for him.

The drug dealer thing does sound believable though. I don't know what kind of person his girlfriend was.

>>65094271
Yeah just do some push ups on a knife like it ain't shit.

>>65094308
>re-establish himself after fucking going insane for two years
I'm interested in this, I haven't read much into into his life yet.

>>65094328
Not if it's spur of the moment. Some people don't like to think before they do it because they know they'll hesitate.
>>
>>65094355
What would his style departure have been like?
>>
>>65094271
twice, anon?
>>
>>65094355
>I'm interested in this, I haven't read much into into his life yet.
Towards the end of the Figure 8 tour he got into drugs. Then he got reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally into drugs. As in "end friendships, spend thousands of dollars a day on crack and heroin, run miles through bushes and trees because you're paranoid about being followed, threaten suicide if you're not released from your contract, get mistaken for a homeless man and beaten up by the LAPD and play a show where you're so fucked up you literally don't finish half the songs you start" into drugs.

It was really sad. I have the infamous show (Riviera in Chicago, 2002) on my computer and I've only listened to a few songs because he's so clearly beyond plastered and it's painful to listen to. That's why I don't like to argue over whether he killed himself or not. I think it minimizes what he was going through.

>>65094378
Like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4fYYtSYv-8
>>
>>65094518
>I have the infamous show (Riviera in Chicago, 2002)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mAjfaosN-8

Fuck man, Elliott's life is one of the saddest things. He was such a nice guy.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.