[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into krautrock? I only know Can.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: cover_39191928122008.jpg (43 KB, 305x300) Image search: [Google]
cover_39191928122008.jpg
43 KB, 305x300
How do I into krautrock? I only know Can.
>>
>>65091966
You can't
>>
>>65091966
take LSD not research chemicals
>>
>>65091966
Chronologically, go for some Neu! or go for Faust. Go for Faust So Far first, and if you want something weirder, go for the s/t album. If you liked the less weird parts, continue down the line chronologically.

Neu! is full chrono and accessible
>>
eat a dick
>>
>>65091966
to be honest that's all you need to know
>>
>>65091966
Listen to Neu's first album. It's pretty accessible. If you like the weirdness of Neu's first album, go for Faust's self-titled debut. If you didn't much like Neu's weirdness, go for Faust IV, or Faust So Far. If you really like Faust's s/t, check out Kraftwerk's first two albums as well as Autobahn. If you want to hear what it would be like if Faust was played by competent musicians, listen to Guru Guru's UFO, and Hinten.

Seeing as how you liked Tago Mago, check out Ash Ra Tempel's Schwingungen. Pretty similar stuff. Ash Ra Tempel's self-titled debut, and Join Inn are also worth checking out.

Amon Duul II, check out Phallus Dei, Yeti, and Tanz Der Lemminge.
>>
>>65092170
Also, if you like Faust's S/T, you could move on to Amon Düül II - Yeti.
>>
>>65092267
Hah, fuck no. Damo Suzuki is outdone at his own game by John L. on Ash Ra Tempel's Schwingungen. Everything Can accomplishes in the two side long tracks, Amon Duul II does better with their side long tracks. Hell, even Can's Monster Movie had a better side long track than fucking halleuteatu.

>>65092308
That's a leap but alright.
>>
>>65092340
Are you kidding? Halleluwah is the best song on the album.
>>
>>65092170
>>65092295
Got it, thanks guys. I listened to Faust IV when I was like 11 because my dad had it, but I only remember it vaguely.

Neu!'s s/t sounds fucking great so far.

I really have no idea how I had neglected an entire genre up until now.

>>65092071
Never again

>>65092214
Never again
>>
>>65092373
It's a tad too repetitive and none too interesting for what it does in 18 minutes man.

>>65092417
Glad you're digging it man.
>>
>>65091966
Read the sticky, like with any other genre... The krautrock guide is one of the better ones iirc
>>
>>65092170
>>65092295
>>65092308
this, also Agitation Free

Despite all these great rock albums, Krautrock was simultaneously the archetype for more serious (not in a classical arrangement kind of way) electronic music. If you want to go there, listen to Cluster's first two albums, '71 and II, check out early Klaus Schulze, Bernd Kistenmacher, Edgar Froese, Manuel Göttsching's E2-E4, Michael Hoenig's Departure, Tangerine Dream and begginings of Conrad Schnitzler
>>
krautrock isnt a genre
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.