[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Former Megadeth drummer dies on stage...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: NickMenza.jpg (68 KB, 521x415) Image search: [Google]
NickMenza.jpg
68 KB, 521x415
Here's the link...
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/nick-menza-former-megadeth-drummer-dies-at-51-after-collapsing-on-stage/ar-BBtkwam?ocid=spartandhp

...and here's the part that bothers me a little.

>The group's bassist texted me last night after it happened," Bauer told CNN. "We are all still in shock."

>Took place at the "Baked Potato Jazz Club", where his band "often played".

So, what exactly happened here? I had never heard of this band (OHM) before this happened... did I miss something? Why did the bass player already have a CNN reporter's phone number saved in his phone?
>>
>>65083211
>Why did the bass player already have a CNN reporter's phone number saved in his phone?
why are metalheads so stupid bros
>>
2016 claims another
>>
>>65083239
Fuck you... lol So, you think every band has immediate contact with a major media outlet like CNN? I won't disclose which band I am in, but I've met Nick and have shared a s

age with Megadeth before... my band wasn't in contact with CNN and I'd be willing to wager we're more well known than OHM.
>>
File: 1462593024802s.jpg (5 KB, 181x250) Image search: [Google]
1462593024802s.jpg
5 KB, 181x250
>>
>>65083487
>famous musician dies on stage
>CNN contacts band members for hot news
>gets text
you really must be a bit dense
>>
>>65083487
This kind of thing isn't totally unheard of though. I'm extremely small-time and have a few national press contacts. Sometimes they're just interested in random people and keep up with them for one reason or another.
>>
>>65083648
CNN didn't contact the band members as you claim... the bass player already had Baur's number saved and he texted the story to CNN, while it was still happening.
>>
>>65083672
Same here bro, but not CNN... maybe you're bigger than we are. lol Congrats!
>>
>>65083731
then he just so happened to have his number, either because he's been in contact with him before or because, you know, he knows him
>>
File: megadrive.jpg (32 KB, 307x250) Image search: [Google]
megadrive.jpg
32 KB, 307x250
RIP Megadrive
>>
Rip former Megadeth drummer.
>>
>>65083921
Yeah... R.I.P. Nick. He was a good guy. Still love those older Megadeth albums the best.
>>
straight out of spinal tap
>>
>>65083784
Naw I'm just local. Just weird enough to attract human interest stories once in a blue moon.
>>
>>65084003
This, holy shit.
>>
>>65083784
>>65084057
What I'm saying is the correspondents in these big corporations can be genuinely nice people and keep in touch with you after one story. Guy could've saved a cat or something ten years ago and they gave him a number to catch up once in a while.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.