[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me be patrician! i enjoy pretty much all of the entry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
help me be patrician!

i enjoy pretty much all of the entry level /mu/core that gets talked about on here, but dont know where to go from there

give me patrician album recs
>>
Any personal favorites from /mu/core?
>>
File: mu tant hitlist.jpg (3 MB, 2060x3825) Image search: [Google]
mu tant hitlist.jpg
3 MB, 2060x3825
>>65080491
Enjoy anon
>>
>>65080609
radiohead, anco, NMH, hospice, kanye, madvillain, more towards the rock music generally but i quite like some hip hop as well
>>
>>65080630
you see ive listened to all of the mucore and sub mucore, and a lot of the other stuff as well, but im not sure how to develop my tastes and knowledge beyond that list
>>
>>65080491
>>65080764
Do you really need help exploring music without the use of a fucking chart?

I don't mean that to be patronizing (although it definitely sounds like that), but I think I might be missing something here. Could you clarify?
>>
>>65080738
If there's a particular artist you enjoyed, quite a few of them have fantastic fun discographies to rummage through. Particularly Radiohead and AnCo from the ones you said you liked.

If you like AnCo's brand of psychedelic music, I highly recommend going through the 60s psych and modern psych charts on the /mu/ wiki. Again, if you like a particular artist on these, check out the rest of their discography.

http://4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Essential_Charts

As for Radiohead, the interesting thing to do with a band like Radiohead is to track down their influences for the stuff you do like from them, and check out those artists. Easy to find out with a quick Google search. A good start with Radiohead's influences is Tom Waits' stuff (start off with his album Rain Dogs.)

Beatles and Pink Floyd are essential, too if you like the "put everything together" aspect of Radiohead. And then maybe you can check out 70s prog, too if you like that.

If you liked NMH and AnCo I would recommend checking out all the other bands on the Elephant 6 label, too that NMH come from.

Remember, the key to being patrician isn't necessarily listening to a variety of genres, particularly because doing that from the offset leads to just being surface level at those forms of music. It's more about understanding a particular form or style (later styles) of music really well.
>>
Patricians listen to classical music.
>>
>>65080491
Just use rym
>>
liking albums like that doesn't make you patrician. That shit is canon, it's like Brave New World or Anna Karenina or for /mu/ the Stranger. Of course it's good.

Patrician is exploring your own preferences, and finding records special to "you" regardless of whether any one else cares.
>>
>>65082310
This. I wish more people on this board were like this doggie dog right here
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.