[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Godspeed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (91 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
91 KB, 600x600
Which version of this should I listen to? Which one is the favourite?

The vinyl release or the CD release?

The vinyl one is like 37 minutes and the CD one is like over an hour
>>
Vinyl version is the best, but CD version is good too.
>>
>>65079772
which is the one people usually mean when they post this album?
>>
>>65079845
I would say most people prefer and refer to the vinyl. There isn't an extremely large difference between the two though.
>>
>>65079882
thank you so much
>>
How can anyone prefer the vinyl? Maybe it's just because I listened to the CD version first, but to me at least, it has better production, with pretty much everything else that's important is the same.
>>
>>65079882
Completely incorrect
>>
>>65079882
I prefer the vinyl version but missing the first 10 minutes of Providence is quite a large difference especially since it's the shit.
>>
>>65079543
CD
>>
>>65079543
The CD version is objectively better. It has about half an hour of more more music than the vinyl version does.
>>
which should I listen to first?
>>
>>65079973
Half an hour? Have you ever listened to the vinyl version or do you just go by the track names and think Providence is 29minutes that are missing?
>>
>>65079997
CD, then vinyl.
>>
>>65079945
>>65079955
I've just seen more people talk about the vinyl version and say they like it more than the CD. I haven't listened to the CD version in a while so I had forgotten that there was that large of a difference though.
>>
>>65079973
You fuck the original length was all the great stuff then the CD version adds more shit that wasn't needed. Most of the time LESS music is better.
>>
>>65080021
OK, 21 minutes. It's been ages since I've listened to this band and I forgot to account for the 4 minutes of silence in the CD version.
>>
>>65080098
Then why are so many of my favorite parts of the album not on the vinyl version ?
>>
So CD first?
>>
>>65079973
The vinyl version has infinitely more music since it has a locked groove
>>
>>65080189
Listen to the vinyl version first, it will give you a better appreciation of the CD. It's also more chronological that way.
>>
>>65079543
CD is much much better. Vinyl is really good too but the CD is the superior version.
>>
>>65079845
CD
>>
actually the vinyl version never ends :^)
>>
CD is the better version. Anyone who says the vinyl version is better is objectively wrong because Providence is the shit.

However that should not deter you from listening to the vinyl version though, it's still good for what it is.
>>
Listen to both my man.
>>
>>65082075
This. But as an unabashed fan of all things Godspeed, especially tied to F#A#, I isually opt for the CD.
>>
Download the CD, buy the vinyl
>>
The number of bullshit hipsters in this thread is triggering me. The CD version is objectively better in every conceivable way. When people talk about this record they are almost invariably referring to the CD version. Many of the album's best sections are absent from the vinyl and structurally it doesn't work as well.
>>
>>65083311
literally everyone in this thread is agreeing with you
>>
haven't listened to f#a# in ages but decided it was time today (before even seeing this thread)
I don't remember why but i've always prefered the vinyl version
>>
>>65083404
I count six people who don't.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.