[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enough bullshit, what is the absolute best master of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: pet sounds.jpg (571 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pet sounds.jpg
571 KB, 1000x1000
Enough bullshit, what is the absolute best master of this album?

ALSO, mono or stereo, and why?
>>
>>65079458
>album with heavy vocal harmony usage
>as well as the compositions harmonizing with the songs
stereo
>>
>>65079490
And the best master?
>>
>>65079490
It doesn't have that warm homely haze to it in mono

In mono this album sounds like a really cute brunette girl with freckles who plays the guitar, she's not that good, but she sings in a nice soft voice
In stereo its one of those eastern European looking girls with jet black hair, she plays the cello and is really intimidating to talk to
>>
>>65079779
Meant to say it doesn't have the warm haze to it in stereo
>>
>>65079779
Perfectly said
>>
>>65079779
What the fuck?
>>
File: Pretty Things - S.F. Sorrow.jpg (315 KB, 1535x1535) Image search: [Google]
Pretty Things - S.F. Sorrow.jpg
315 KB, 1535x1535
>>65079490
>album made in the 60's when stereo was just out
Stereo has ruined albums who are exactly what you described, pic related
>>
The album was recorded in mono and Brian Wilson is deaf in one ear, why the fuck would you listen to any stereo mix?
>>
>>65079837
Man if you don't know what I'm talking about you haven't listened to Pet Sounds closely enough
>>
>>65079970
I've listened to it in both stereo and mono at least 15 times. That visual metaphor definitely does not describe the differences between the two mixes.
>>
>>65080084
Not him but what do you prefer, mono or stereo?
>>
Stereo, because stereo is better. A lot of people will say the mono is better because I guess they think they're patrician for listening to a shitty mix. The stereo mix is clearer and more dynamic, and the mono mix sounds like it was recorded over a payphone from Siberia.
>>
>>65080111
I don't really have that much of a preference, but mono definitely sounds more like what Brian was going for so I usually listen to that one.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.