[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 61SA7Daf92L.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61SA7Daf92L.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
What does /mu/ think of this
>>
>>65068859
Speaking as the head of /mu/ I say HEY THAT'S PRETTY GOOD
>>
File: 10782-a.jpg (728 KB, 1415x1415) Image search: [Google]
10782-a.jpg
728 KB, 1415x1415
extremely underrated album. RHCPs best by far.

its rhcp at their
>darkest
>most abrasive
>most chaotic
>funkiest
>most personal
>most experimental
>>
>>65068859
The title track is quite possibly their best song.
>>
Freaky Styley is their only good record tbqh senpai.
>>
One hot minute is my fav chili peps song
>>
>>65068859
I need to hear it still.

That said, I think RHCP a OK band at best and its members make better solo albums
>>
>>65069011
I think you'll like it my friend

Listen to it as a new Chili Peppers album and maybe you'll love it
>>
File: tom_waits-209297.jpg (472 KB, 1754x1262) Image search: [Google]
tom_waits-209297.jpg
472 KB, 1754x1262
>>65069011
>>65069092
honestly montie i hope you hate it just so everyone else on this board will finally realise its actually good
>>
>>65068859
The last album they made that really felt like them.. or at least their classic sound up to that point.

Once Frusciante came back they mellowed out big time and became more focused on writing beautiful songs that being a Funk Rock/jam oriented band.

Not that I don't enjoy most of Californication and BTW for what they are but it was like a new band then. This album was as crazy as their 80s stuff and despite what anyone says Navarro worked perfectly. I feel like he fills Hillel Slovak's shoes better than Frusciante ever did.
>>
>>65069180
>>65069180
would you say it's their best? or at least their most interesting
>>
>>65069232
No I would have to go with BSSM as their absolute best album. Freaky Styley and Uplift Mofo Party Plan following that. But OHM is still extremely enjoyable.

It's just such a bummer listening to it and then listening to something like BTW or even their last album I'm With You because they had such fucking energy and creativity on this album and their newer stuff just sounds so dry and cold. I'll admit BTW had some creative moments but overall even that just felt like the band had aged 2 decades compared to this album.
>>
>>65069359
>BSSM
so boring and I hate you

+ you're a bitch
>>
>>65068935
>>65068981

Hive mind
>>
>>65069436
Literally their only interesting album that feels like it had genuine time and passion put into it.
>>
>>65069436
Being contrarian gets you nowhere, but alright.
>>
>>65069594
i'm sorry I don't know why I said those things
>>
>>65069552
It's a great song though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.