[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how's everyone feeling about the new Tegan and Sara songs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1035x1035-ts.jpg (99 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
1035x1035-ts.jpg
99 KB, 1035x1035
So, how's everyone feeling about the new Tegan and Sara songs?
>>
i was hoping it was new St. Vincent
>>
>muh 80s theme
Vaporwave did it better
>>
>>65066020
Epic.
>>
>>65065990
Was thinking that too, looks a lot like her.
>>
Boyfriend was meh.
U Turn was better.
It's their 8th album so i'm not expecting greatness.
The gas ran out around Sainthood.
And The Con was their last truly great album.
>>
The two songs I heard were mediocre. Heartthrob had the same kind of feely lyrics in a lot of songs that I like about tegan and sara. These two new songs just sound like dyke pop. Not much there but kind of catchy.
>>
File: 1453162873862.jpg (18 KB, 601x338) Image search: [Google]
1453162873862.jpg
18 KB, 601x338
shite like everything else they've put out
>>
If It Was You is still their best album
>>
Tegan and Sara mean so much to me and it truly makes me want to cry when I see that they're making bad music these days. I don't know what would possess them to ruin their own brand like this. I highly doubt Heartthrob sold enough to warrant a continuation of that "experiment".

>>65066126
It doesn't get better than The Con but Sainthood was still an amazing album
>>
Who else /jackinofftoquincestfanfiction/ here?

Seriously, the majority of women I've been interested in irl have either been lesbians or had past relationships with other women. I have no idea what this says about me.
>>
>>65066837
You're probably very feminine.
>>
File: 1455843382808.jpg (293 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1455843382808.jpg
293 KB, 960x1280
>65066837
I'd be the first to admit that I'm not the most masculine personality wise but more than one of the women I've chased refused to give me the time of day simply because I have a dick. I'm a beefy dude who lifts weights so perhaps they judged me more on my appearance...

If only they could see that despite my brutish exterior I drink alcohol and cry to live Tegan and Sara performances every weekend. Just because I fetishize your short haircut doesn't mean I'm disregarding who you are on the inside ;_;
>>
I haven't listened to them yet. Waiting to hear the album in full, but if it sounds anything like Heartthrob, shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>65067719
What? You sound gay as fuck brah
>>
>>65067719
Meant to reply to you >>65067188
I guess this is what's bound to happen when I wake up to find my 4chanX chrome randomly decided to stop operatering properly
>>
>>65067736
I can't imagine any longtime Tegan and Sara fan enjoying Heartthrob for more than the 80s novelty

>>65067782
You sound 18 as fuck brah
>>
>>65065982

Boyfriend sounded really wimpy, like the mixing was really off and it just sounded really hollow and gross.

HeartThrob was pretty crappy because the whole fucking album was surface-level "I loved you, why didn't you love me" shit for the entire thing. The albums before felt more genuine, and I get that they probably dont want to do the indie/alt-rock every album, but they need to brush HeartThrob as a failed experiment and go back to playing fucking guitars and drums.
>>
they listened to the most recent Carly Rae Jepsen album too much
>>
I haven't heard em, waiting for the album to come out, but I have no reason at all to assume it doesn't sound exactly the same as Heartthrob. Which I liked, but it was their weakest since UFLO, who are we kidding.

>>65066749
>I highly doubt Heartthrob sold enough to warrant a continuation of that "experiment".
Probably not but it still sold more than The Con or Sainthood did, which was apparently enough.

I'm just glad they're playing plenty of older stuff on this tour so far. Still very excited to see them.
>>
>>65068261
Agreed 100%. There's nothing worse than when a band with an adoring fanbase goes out on a poor note, yet it seems to be the trend for a ton of bands the past couple years.

>>65068771
My initial thoughts with Heartthrob were that they are trying to cash in with the pop scene, but they HAVE to realize their vocals and lyrics are too niche for that to work. I don't know what its like in Canada but some openly gay twin sisters would NEVER become mainstream in the US. I was even shocked when Closer got television commercial placement. None of this shit adds up.
>>
>>65068771
They helped write that album dumbass
>>
>>65069417
You really think so? The Con was released when people were buying physical releases far more often than they do now, and Sainthood had enormous buzz. /mu/ had pages filled with the cover art and discussion of the album for a solid few months when it came out (good times /mu/, good times. remember sleigh bells debut?)

Even if it truly is a money issue it would make more sense to keep doing things like the Superclose society and keep giving the diehards opportunities to buy stuff rather than try to change their sound and earn a new generation of fans. Maybe they're trying to get the mom's of their initial fanbase involved with the throwback instrumentals? It just is so unlike them and leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I would hope they got roped into a bad contract with Warner Bros over personally choosing to go this route.

It does seem like they play oldies a lot live, and thank god for that.
>>
>>65069446
Did they really? Good for them, I'm surprised this is the first I'm hearing about that.
>>
>>65069537
>You really think so? The Con was released when people were buying physical releases far more often than they do now, and Sainthood had enormous buzz. /mu/ had pages filled with the cover art and discussion of the album for a solid few months when it came out (good times /mu/, good times. remember sleigh bells debut?)
Yeah dude it did. And I remember. You know when Heartthrob came out they did a guest spot on a Taylor Swift show where they played to 80,000 people or something. As a looooooooong time fan of theirs it made me happy to see them finally get that mainstream success and recognition they deserve, but at the same time it made me sad cause it was a turning point. This was just gonna be the way it is now. I love me some pop, but I used to be hyped when a new T&S album was coming out any given year. It was exciting to me when The Con was on its way, when Sainthood was on its way, even Heartthrob. My love for them as a fan isn't changing, but I just don't feel that thrill anymore. It seems like they're just too content with being pop stars now.

And yes they never abandon the oldies live. I'm still stoked to see them and will definitely be giving the album a chance. But I'm not exactly excited for the new frontier.
>>
>>65069850
I can relate to your sentiments completely. They do deserve a broader audience and sold out headlining shows because they are amazing songwriters that pull on my heart strings better than even Elliott Smith, Death Cab, or Brand New can.

Whatever the future of the band holds we will always have the discography that we grew up with, and the memories that we associate with it.
>>
>>65069850
Also for some reason I tend to forget about Everything Is Awesome and the infamous oreos commercial. Shit is so surreal I think my brain blocks it out

Time has got me tired
>>
File: 1448480444446.gif (379 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1448480444446.gif
379 KB, 264x264
>Sara will never verbally berate you and impotently beat her tiny skeleton fists against your chest
>Sara will never tie your hands and blindfold you before forcing you to eat her out, also while verbally berating you
>Sara will never be the stern but tender mother to your children who allows the public to believe you're the one who actually wears the pants in the relationship, but shoots you cold glares that only you notice from across the restauarant table when you fuck up and she needs to reprimand you
>Sara will never get pissy with you and withold sex for a month after 20 years of marriage only to let it all loose in a one night of wildly passionate debauchery, because secretly celibacy hurts her more than it does you
>Sara will never give you more than a single glance, all because you don't have a vagina
>>
>>65070233
>Whatever the future of the band holds we will always have the discography that we grew up with, and the memories that we associate with it.
Amen brother. We'll see how this album goes. Who knows, it's still hard to see their next couple albums being the same thing over and over, especially since everything from UFLO through Heartthrob all have their own unique sound.

>>65070341
I can deal with that knowing they were obviously performing songs they didn't write for quick cash and a little extra exposure. The thing is though they're totally talented enough to achieve that through their own merit without having to jump through those kinds of circus hoops.

>>65070638
lol
>>
>>65071220
>The thing is though they're totally talented enough to achieve that through their own merit without having to jump through those kinds of circus hoops.
Exactly. Our girls made it this far on pure talent and drive and thats what makes this whole phase of their career feel so dirty. Like I said earlier, I have to wonder how much is a conscious decision and how much is choices made by the big wigs behind the scenes. They did seem legitimately thrilled to perform with Taylor Swift (and if that didn't solidify how small in physical stature they are in our minds nothing will) it just feels so fake, when T&S initially drew us in because they refused to be fake. The broken hearted dykes with frosted tips strumming on acoustic guitars may have disappeared long ago, but it always felt like their souls were still around until now.

So jealous that you get to seem them live btw. The only time they ever came near me was before I even got into them.
>>
Seeing them Live on this tour
Are they fun?
>>
>>65072018
>Exactly. Our girls made it this far on pure talent and drive and thats what makes this whole phase of their career feel so dirty. Like I said earlier, I have to wonder how much is a conscious decision and how much is choices made by the big wigs behind the scenes. They did seem legitimately thrilled to perform with Taylor Swift (and if that didn't solidify how small in physical stature they are in our minds nothing will) it just feels so fake, when T&S initially drew us in because they refused to be fake. The broken hearted dykes with frosted tips strumming on acoustic guitars may have disappeared long ago, but it always felt like their souls were still around until now.
Practically took the words from my mouth. I mean I still might as well wait to hear the album first before I get too into this. It might actually surprise. I wonder how they'll start to gauge the fan reactions over time. Oh and yeah they are definitely pretty short lol.

>So jealous that you get to seem them live btw. The only time they ever came near me was before I even got into them.
Last time they came to my area was right around Heartthrob around three years ago, and it was my fourth time I was forced to miss them for some obligation in something like ten years now. I've been supporting them forever. I feel like I've earned this one. Bought my ticket the morning they went on sale.
>>
>>65072208
yes and they have good audience interaction
>>
Extremely wishful thinking here but what if this thread stuck around long enough to become the latest /Monday,Monday,Monday/ thread?
>>
>>65073047
Maybe. Need some morale boost after all my talk about being disappointed in an album that isn't even out yet.
>>
>>65069446
can't see any writing credits anywhere for this, outside of just mentioning their name in a press release
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.