[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AT lp120, pro-ject, or u-turn? I can't choose, although
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: rpm13_red_large.png (162 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
rpm13_red_large.png
162 KB, 385x385
AT lp120, pro-ject, or u-turn? I can't choose, although I hear more negatives about the 120.
>>
>>65064621
what is that
>>
>>65064939
pro ject debut iii
>>
>>65064621
Depends on what you want. I just wanted something to play records on that wouldn't wreck my collection so I got the 120 and it's great. Definitely not the best quality but that's not why I got it. Pro ject has a good reputation. No idea about the other one
>>
The only real negative on the 120 is that it's basically an affordable remake of the Technics 1200.

None of them are bad by any means.
>>
>>65064621
Just buy used.
>>
File: IMG_5085.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5085.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>65064621
have the 120 here, zero complaints, but i got it used for $125 off some clown on craigslist who only had it for a week
>>
File: 2.jpg (27 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
27 KB, 550x400
>>65064621
U-Turn (basic model) is good for casual listening and is super easy to operate, though it is very manual.

U-Turn (plus model) is not much better than the basic depending on the rest of your set-up. Still very manual, easy to operate, looks good, and good quality sound. You can always customize both for better cartridges. No anti-skate though (but not needed since it is not high end).

LP120 is good if you like to have more variables with your turntable. It is most versatile of the three. Antiskate, very good weight calibration, and other options. It is a "budget" 1200, but still very good. I've heard rumors of motor noise, but that isn't a good argument with someone who has <$300 medium-end speakers. It isn't as cool looking (subjective) as the U-Turn or Project, but you can customize it. It comes with a AT95E which is good, but has problems sometimes from what I've heard.

Pro-ject is the high-end of the three turntables, but not much higher end. I assume you are talking about the debut-carbon. If you like to switch between 33/45 speed then you will have to take the platter off and manually adjust that, which is a pain if you have a large 7" collection like me. It has a more "plastic" look than the others, but offers a superb quality sound. It has antiskate too.

Again, this is all depending on the reciever, the preamp, and the speakers you have that accompany each. Also, all three you can change cartridges to improve the quality of sound.
>>
>>65065385
added: from my experience the U-Turn support is super nice. The owner contacted me directly to help me install my second cartridge, which is pretty nice of them. Very good company imo.
>>
File: 1442411379758.jpg (33 KB, 480x312) Image search: [Google]
1442411379758.jpg
33 KB, 480x312
>>65065385
thanks so much anon. Honestly i'll be spinning a lot, at least at some point each day. What player will probably be able to take the beating?
>>
>>65065780
All will be able to handle a beating, though I'd become worrisome about the ATLP120 after a while (again for the history of motor problems).

I have had the U-Turn for two years now and I spin every day. The cartridges (current AT95E cartridge) last up to 12 months for the amount of time I use them. I am considering upgrading to a Grado or a Shure.

What is the rest of your setup like? That will decide what turntable is best for you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.