[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did she for once make an album, dare I say it, good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 217772[1].jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
217772[1].jpg
45 KB, 500x500
Did she for once make an album, dare I say it, good?
>>
>>65056844
>she
>make
that's not how pop music works, buddy
>>
>>65056883
whatever
*release/sing
>>
It's actually a really good album.
Not into pop music but I must admit that i kinda like RnB.
My favorite song of this album is "Be Alright" the chord progression is really catchy.
>>
>>65056844

Actually all of her records are above averege in the scale of current pop music albums. This is as good/bad as her previous work.
>>
>>65056988
>>65057065
I don't know what you're talking about. Dangerous Woman is a huge letdown from My Everything.

The latter was bordering on a commercial pop masterpiece. Amazing layering, harmonies, melodies—all in one package. But Dangerous Woman is just a collection of super boring songs. 2 tracks stand out on it: Dangerous Woman has nice production but crap melody and premise; and Into You has good melody but so-so production. The rest is repetitive, unimaginative pop, heading nowhere and showcasing none of the singer's talents.

It's almost worse than Taylor Swift. Big disappointment for me.
>>
>>65057242

>Into You has so so production.

do you even like pop music? the beat switch in the bridge is stellar.

Also, mainstream pop and unimaginative pop is an oxymoron, so I dont know what you are looking for when listening to an album by Ariana Grande.
>>
Ariana Grande makes really good music. She's way above the average pop.
>>
>>65056844
I wish she didn't make that ridiculous photo the album cover. She is above that.
>>
Link?!
>>
>>65058331
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dangerous-woman/id1091145606
>>
>>65057395
I meant to say "uninspired", my bad.

Into You has a sound indistinguishable from any other radio pop artist.

> do you even like pop music?

I simply see it for what it is. I don't differentiate between "pop" and "non-pop", as I honestly don't see the point.

My Everything was pretty interesting—it had excellent melodies, felt pretty cohesive and relevant. Love Me Harder is an excellent single. I'd go as far as to say "Intro" was amazingly beautiful—the layering of vocals is simply brilliant on it. The rest also works well in the context of album.

Dangerous Woman was a dud. I have no inclination of listening to this collection of throwaway material ever again. The best points about My Everything—melodies showcasing Ariana's range, the cohesiveness, the vocal layering—are almost gone. The result feels incredibly dull.
>>
i started getting into her when she did songs with cashmere cat and the weeknd. those songs rule. haven't heard anything from this but i wouldn't be surprised if there was good stuff on it
>>
I thought it was pretty solid, but My Everything is definitely her best album. Incredibly solid minus a huge dud (Break Your Heart Right Back), and had Be My Baby and Love Me Harder, IMO two of the best pop songs to come out in the last few years.

I wish she would have continued with Cashmere Cat in a more tight collaboration. She could have really carved out a different niche for herself with his production style. She's clearly a dynamic singer, and I think she could hit FutureSex/LoveSounds levels of pop mastery
>>
>>65058662
This.
>>
hated all the collabs, hated the cussing ariana did, hated the focus group tested feeling it had (think of fergie's album- it just jumps around hitting the bases of what different people like). overall not bad but could have been a lot better if they didn't do those things.
>>
>>65059094
> (feat. Lil Wayne)
>>
>>65059094
I agree about the "focus group" feeling. Makes it pretty clear that she's being under-utilized from an artistic standpoint when they're just throwing her over whatever is trendy at the time. She retained some of the 90's RnB stuff she had going since her first album, but hopefully this whole trend-hopping thing doesn't happen again, because it didn't happen before with her.
>>
>>65058478

Bad decisions is quite impressive display of her vocals though
>>
>>65059969
Whoops—didn't listen to it, thought it was a bonus track. Deleted already, fuck.

Anyway, I feel the 11 tracks I've listened to didn't really accommodate the power of her voice, and could have been written for any other singer. Dangerous Woman is a very underwhelming lead single.
>>
File: 51oIZW1xSzL.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51oIZW1xSzL.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
Not as good as this.

Then again what is?

It's the best pop album of this era.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.