[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is criticizing the sound of a singer's voice the plebbiest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: large_dc303.jpg (109 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
large_dc303.jpg
109 KB, 259x259
Is criticizing the sound of a singer's voice the plebbiest complaint a person can give towards music? Pic related.
>>
no, because at least they're highlighting something specific

the true plebbiest criticism of music is "this is bad"
>>
>>65055469
is tickling joanna newsom's wanna-be-whimsical clit the plebbiest thing someone can do?
>>
I have no idea why people criticize Joanna's voice so much, I feel in love with it the moment I heard it.
>>
>>65055491

I think "this is weird" is a bit worse
>>
>>65055515
Neck yourself waifufag
>>
Its a personal preference you easily offended waifufag
>>
>>65055515
Because they don't care about art.
>>
>>65055538
What the fuck? I just said I love her voice, how does that make me a waifufag at all? YOU neck yourself, and never ever fucking reply to me again or I'll make sure to annihilate every thing you've ever loved in your life, thanks.
>>
>>65055607
Yo
>>
>>65055469
I have a hard time getting into Neil Young, and a minor part of that is because of the voice.

After The Goldrush is really good though.
>>
>>65055515
I love her voice as well, but just like its unique characteristics can enhance our subjective enjoyment of her music it can have a detrimental effect for other listeners.
>>
if they can't sing it live the way they do on the record you might as well not sing it at all
>>
>>65056116
>people actually believe this
>>
this album is so cheesy and not well arranged. it wants to be so much more than it is, and you dumb fuckers actually believe it
>>
No because some people have shitty voices, and when they make vocal-oriented music you can't escape it.
>>
>>65055469
No because you enjoy songs based on how they sound. If you don't like the way something sounds, then that's your reason for not liking the song.

But that shouldn't excuse you from putting in some effort towards understanding the sounds.
>>
If people can stand thom yorkes and björks shitty moaning they should be able to stand joannas voice.
>>
>>65057819
Bjork and Yorke are respected more for their musicianship than their voice tho
>>
Most pleb is "muh opinion". I immediately assume anybody who cannot even attempt to articulate themselves is a complete drone who leeches their opinions from others and a pointless set of criteria that doesn't challenge them in any way.
>>
>>65056155
>not well arranged
What's good arranging?
>>65056162
This isn't about hitting notes, it's tone of their voice.
>>
>>65057971
>it's tone of their voice.
Yeah some people have shitty tones to their voice
>>
if someone doesn't like a voice then who fucking cares? there is literally millions of albums to listen to besides one fucking /mu/core artist people mostly like because her ass is fat. step outside of your own box once in a while and please just let it go

pic related fucking sucks because the vocal performance is complete trash. his voice is just awful for music
>>
>>65058758
No it sucks because the compositions are mediocre as fuck.
>>
>>65056155
>not well arranged

now this is shitposting

explain how it could be better? fucking van dyke parks arranged it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.