[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grimes made some of the best albums of the decade with this basic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 452472746.jpg (60 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
452472746.jpg
60 KB, 594x396
Grimes made some of the best albums of the decade with this basic equipment for an electronic musician:
- a synth: Roland Juno-G and later Roland Gaia
- a sampler: Roland SH-404 SX
- a vocal pedal: Boss VE-20
- a vocal processor: TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 Floor-Based Vocal Processor
- a small mixer: Mackie 802-VLZ3 Mixer
- a DAW: GarbageBand and later Ableton Live
- microphones and other accessories.

What's your excuse? Don't you want to be famous like her?
>>
>best albums of the decade

surely you jest
>>
I think it was because it was 5am and I've never had a girlfriend. Her voice was pretty relaxing, I guess. Or it was shit. I was just really lonely. I hate her songs now, I just want to find somebody like me but I've given up on modern women. I am horrified of losing my assets in marriage and I want a virgin like me. Her songs remind me of being lonely, and I used to like that when I circlejerked pity and wallowed in it with the rest of them, but I want to grow up now.
>>
damnit im trying
>>
>>65050098
wtf i can relate to this
>>
Please stop. Go jerk off to Beyonce or something and go away.
>>
Bob Dylan made some of the most influential musis of the century only with an acoustic guitar.
Also:
>needing 2 vocal procesors to not sound like shit
>using a shitty rompler that just looks like a cool synth, but sounds worse thann a mk1 (that would be the GAIA)
> as much as I love the sp-404 she only uses it to play backing track, thats like buying a multiFX board just to use the overdrive
etc etc

Wish Grimes viral marketing in this board goes away for good
>>
>>65049802
>some of the best albums of the decade

Put down the crack pipe.
>>
>>65049802
thats like 2000$+ worth of gear new.... maybe basic for professional musician but not for an amateur
>>
>>65052072
Yeah, cum for us!
>>
>a sampler Roland SH-404
lol, learn2gear if you're gonna spam this board with this shit

Also, she must be really good at syncing since the midi on that synth on the pick isnt even plugged in
>>
>>65049802
SP404SX
>>
MIAs first album was made entirely on a MC-505
Fever Rays album was made using only Ableton Live 8

there you go, 2 more influential female DIY albums better that anything Grimes ever made
>>
>>65049802
>implying i can afford even one of those things
It's great being born in a shit third world country
>>
File: terrific.gif (1024 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
terrific.gif
1024 KB, 184x141
>>65049802
Grimesfags always say she makes incredible music but never bother to explain why it's good or why they like it. Plenty of artists before her have done what she does better, no matter how much shitty equipment they used.
>>
>>65052488

seriously
>>
>>65049802
>Grimes made some of the best music of the decade with only two leaves and a length of twine

Burial pretty much only uses soundforge to make his music. If your grimefu cut down on her gear maybe she could make something decent this decade
>>
>>65053039
>Fever Rays album was made using only Ableton Live 8
New album when

WHEN
H
E
N
>>
>>65052488
Blown out the fucking water.

I love it how OP's entire rig up would could thousands.
>>
>>65053662
she needs to get pregnant and suffer from insomnia/depression again
don't think her ovaries still work, so never
>>
>>65049802
where?? where are they???
>>
File: 1384840285144.jpg (79 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
1384840285144.jpg
79 KB, 440x330
>>65053810
Welp.
Back to listening to The Knife pretending it's the same thing.
>>
File: HANA.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
HANA.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
HANA is better than Grimes, she's just relatively unknown right now.

>Qt as fuck, takes care of herself unlike grimes
>Can actually sing
>Chill as fuck, none of this LOL SO RANDUMB I'M SO WEIRD LOL HAIRY ARMPIT fake feminist bullshit

Give her time.
>>
>>65053249
Explain why do you think she's shit then. Could you?
>>
>>65054121
you mean this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssJNFEbU4EI

holy shit, get some taste anon, at least listen to Juana Molina if you're into spic-pop
>>
>>65052488
>Bob Dylan made some of the most influential musis of the century only with an acoustic guitar.
Influential yes, but overly simplistic music. He's known more for his lyrics and political messages than his sub par voice and simple music. We're talking about electronic music with lots of layers of sounds, not that acoustic stuff.

>needing 2 vocal procesors to not sound like shit
Needing 2 vocal procesors to make her voice sound in a certain way. And to add various effects that would be impossible to make only with her own voice. She's mainly a producer and songwriter and only on the second place, a singer.

>using a shitty rompler that just looks like a cool synth, but sounds worse thann a mk1 (that would be the GAIA)
It doesn't matter. The result is great, this is all that matters. In fact, it's even more impressive that she could make those cool sounds from a pretty basic synth. On a side note, I never understood why some folks from this board hate the Roland Gaia so much.

>as much as I love the sp-404 she only uses it to play backing track, thats like buying a multiFX board just to use the overdrive
Bollocks. Grimes uses that SP-404 to trigger and to record loops on the fly. This is exactly what is a sampler made for. Actually watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo
>>
>>65054426
kek. go away Claire
also, is the keyboard in OPs pic even pluged in?
>>
File: g.jpg (122 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
122 KB, 1024x683
>>65054474
>also, is the keyboard in OPs pic even pluged in?
Yes. The connectors were out of view.
>>
>>65053828
SOME of the best albums of the decade. Learn to read properly.
>>
>>65053039
>2 more influential female DIY albums better that anything Grimes ever made
They're not better than Grimes.

>Wish Grimes viral marketing in this board goes away for good
You're confusing her fans with a viral marketing team. They're not the same thing.

>Also, she must be really good at syncing since the midi on that synth on the pick isnt even plugged in
You're so dumb that you don't realize that the picture is cropped and the rest of the synth is out of view.

>>65052533
(You)

>>65053249
I read tons of explanations about why her music is good. But you chose to ignore them and now you're acting like they didn't exist.

>>65054121
b8.
>>
File: no chance.gif (2 MB, 350x266) Image search: [Google]
no chance.gif
2 MB, 350x266
>>65054201
nah I'll wait for you to answer my question first bruh
>>
>>65054791
>I read tons of explanations about why her music is good. But you chose to ignore them and now you're acting like they didn't exist.
link me to them please
>>
>>65054791
holyshit.jpg
this retarded level of damage control
at least its clearly not Claire starting these threads. Maybe one of her backup dancers?
bcs I asume if she was the one starting these threads she would know where the midi in-out is on her shitty keyboard
>>
>>65054791
>You're confusing her fans with a viral marketing team
fans make general threads and all post there, like k-pop and bork fans
shills/viral marketing spam a whole board with various stupid threads like this one

that's how you tell the difference

for further information ask pajeet, you can find him in /g/ shilling ms products all day
>>
File: cat waits.jpg (92 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
cat waits.jpg
92 KB, 612x612
>>65054853
>still no "explanations"
I'm waiting
>>
>>65052541
The juno alone is $1000
>>
>>65054599
>SOME of the best albums of the decade.
where?? where are they???
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.