[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever pretended to like an artist or their music for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 1456998284807.jpg (23 KB, 504x350) Image search: [Google]
1456998284807.jpg
23 KB, 504x350
Have you ever pretended to like an artist or their music for any reason?
>>
Beyonce to shut my damn sisters up
>>
RATM so my friend wouldn't call a pretentious asshole
>>
File: eQ20E.jpg (82 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
eQ20E.jpg
82 KB, 384x313
Falling in Reverse so I could get some girl

I never got the girl
>>
Twenty One Pilots so my friend wouldn't call me problematic and cut me off
>>
uh well i refrain from revealing my true hatred for some artists and speak about them as if i take their work seriously (e.g. Foo Fighters)
>>
>>65044470
>tfw had a prime opportunity to get a girl because we both liked Fugazi
I sperged out, though
>>
File: me eyes.jpg (54 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
me eyes.jpg
54 KB, 720x540
I only keep My Bloody Valentine and James Blake on my phone so that girls will recognize something when scrolling through my music.
>>
>>65044290
Is that pic from CSMEMESFORFASHYGOYS?
>>
>>65044570
i'd be impressed if a girl knew mbv
>>
>>65044636
Try graduating high school and moving out of Iowa.
>>
>>65044656
I haven't met anybody who's known of them other than other people I know who use this board
>>
>>65044656
lol, i live in sydney and i'm at university. a regrettably large proportion of people i associate with just listen to club music or drake and kendrick lamar (i actually enjoy the latter at least)
>>
>>65044729
Australia is literally normalfag: the country

I wouldn't expect any better
>>
>>65044729
>Australia
Says it all really

MBV isn't even good. It's 100% plen-feed
>>
yes
David Bowie for street cred after he died
>>
I forced myself into joy division just so i could buy the shirt
>>
Viper honestly
>>
>>65048274
You mean pretending to pretend bish niga
>>
Sonic Youth. I thought something was wrong with my taste
>>
>>65044290
im fucking sick of seeing these le badly drawn /pol/ reddit comics everywhere

fuck off
>>
>>65044290
all the time on here for shitposting purposes
>>
>>65044290
Never. Stay honest till the end!
>>
>>65044558
Yes this. I won't pretend to like something but just accept them as serious musicians
>>
In my friend's car, ill pretend not to hate whatever vomit is on the alt rock stations he puts on.
>>
>>65044290
Someone post the cartoon where two guys discuss music and pretend they know what each other is talking about while not actually having a clue.
>>
>>65044636
don't be
>>
File: Axe_Deo_Cologne.jpg (23 KB, 504x259) Image search: [Google]
Axe_Deo_Cologne.jpg
23 KB, 504x259
pretended to like swans more than i really did once in offline and ended up really liking swans
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Beyoncé to impress a girl but she ended up thinking I was gay because I liked Beyoncé

She sends me fucking cancer like pic related and I have to act like I give a shit about Beyoncé because I really like this girl but I will never have a shot with her because she assumes I'm a homo because I like Beyoncé. It's like a vicious cycle.
>>
No, i havent. Are you so pathetic that you have cater to someones tastes just so they can fuck you?
>>
>>65051187
yeah
>>
>>65051270

Rip integrity
>>
When I was 14 I pretended to like The Casualties because from what I understood from the mohawked punk kids at my school, The Casualties were the "real deal", and all I knew were blink-182 and the Sex Pistols. I thought they were fucking terrible, but I figured it was because I was a pleb and didn't "get" it.
Boy was I relieved when I discovered Richard Hell & The Voidoids and learned about the CBGB scene.

When I was 20 I had a huge crush on a girl who was into shitty European dance-pop, so I pretended to like the stuff for her sake.

A friend recently showed me Viet Cong and I thought it was pretty lame, but I said pretty neutrally that it was "nice", and then tried to show him other post-punk bands, none of which he liked.
>>
>>65044290
Pretended to already be a fan of Tame Impala to impress a qt I know, luckily when I actually listened to their stuff I genuinely did like it
>>
File: yn.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1325) Image search: [Google]
yn.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1325
>>65050138
this one?
>>
>>65051327
1910=integrity invented
>>
>>65044290
Grimes because buyers remorse.
>>
>>65044656
Dafuq. I've been out of high school for 6 years, and nobody I've met knows who MBV is, much less listens to them. They at least think they're "Bullet for My Valentine," and then I have to clarify.

You see, this is what happens when you try to be too contrarian anon. You think all these /mu/core artists are "soooo accessible" and "strictly for plebs" when they're really not.
>>
I promote bands for local shows, sometimes shitty ones. The amount of showmanship necessary to pack a house sometimes makes my stomach turn.
>>
Pearl Jam to make out with a qt
>>
pretending to like Pink floyd, led zeppelin and other rock bands to appear a normal person and not a pretentious hipster
>>
>>65044290
I pretended to like shitty punk-rock, or girl-fronted metal bands for a while to get a girl. It worked, was worth it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.