[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever noticed that in this show set 300 years in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Have you ever noticed that in this show set 300 years in the future the only music that anyone remembers or cares about is classical and jazz?
>>
I think I read somewhere that star trek did this rather than use music from the 80s so that the show wouldn't appear quite so dated in the future. It worked tbqh.
>>
>>65042750
That's actually really smart
>>
File: clockwork-orange-phallus-xlarge.jpg (100 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
clockwork-orange-phallus-xlarge.jpg
100 KB, 1280x721
In a clockwork orange all the main characters do is listen to classical music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MCnnfXPSHw
>>
File: picard.jpg (42 KB, 685x618) Image search: [Google]
picard.jpg
42 KB, 685x618
>>
>>65042874
kek
>>
>>65042874
based
>>
>>65042750
yeah that is what that was about sure there was cool genres from the 70s 80s and 90s people could have been into but it just wouldn't have fit so well I imagine Geordi listens to techno though
>>
Contrarily can we think of any examples where movies attempted to portray "futuristic" music and didn't come off as hopelessly foolish?

A not-quite example is Children of Men, where aged hippies like Michael Caine listen to harsh noise and it's considered charming by their friends.
>>
>>65042750
That's a really good idea, for a while I thought they just didn't want to pay royalties.
>>
>>65042507
of course, it was aimed at the fedora crowd after all
>>
>>65043137
kys
>>
>>65043137
you're the fedora bro posting stupid contrarian shit like this cause you think you're trolling all the kiddies online
>>
like most classical fags, i got into the shit because of TNG
>>
>>65042823
>Rapists and burglars
>Listen to classical

makes sense desu
>>
>>65043069
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuwUGVbGhtM
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.