[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it with rappers and having audio from old movies or imitating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1458038745787.jpg (380 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458038745787.jpg
380 KB, 1000x1000
What is it with rappers and having audio from old movies or imitating the sound?
>>
a lot of rappers are nerds & social outcasts
they just like referencing old movies and cartoons/anime
>>
>what is a hi pass filter

t. DOOM
>>
I hate MF Doom for this shit. His beats are so nice, but I can't listen through some of his albums because like 1/3 of the music is just random samples from movies.
>>
>>65031206
>a lot of rappers are nerds & social outcasts

Interesting, it's like the complete opposite of what I imagine when I think of a black rapper.
>>
>>65031284
every music producer devoted to his/her work is somehow an outcast no matter what genre we're talking about
>>
>>65031278
they're not random, he's arranged them to express the themes of the album
>>
>>65031278
His lack of hooks make me lose interest.
>>
>>65031141
You tend to watch a lot of old cartoons when you're stoned.
>>
>>65031520
It would be alright if he had a decent flow 2bh, but IMO he can't really rap.
I know you guys will probably crucify me for this
>>
>>65031520
t. Pleb
>>
>>65031228
what does "t." mean?
>>
>>65031520
That's actually what I like about him, it's nice that he ditched the hooks, that's one of the things that really made madvillain so innovative. Doomsday and MM Food both have a fair amount of choruses and shit though, maybe you should try those
>>
>>65031616
The Finnish way of saying "regards", like you would in a letter or email.
>>
>>65031599
You should watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWveXdj6oZU

Don't know where you got the idea that he can't rap, but everyone has different taste I guess.
>>
>>65031599
just because he has an offbeat flow doesn't mean he can't rap. That would be like saying ODB or Kool Keith can't rap, he just uses a different style that relies more on the rhyme scheme than rigid vocal inflections
>>
>>65031679
I just dislike the way he delivers it. It sometimes feels like can't feel the beat and he's going off rhythm.
>>65031694
Yeah I get that its his style but I dislike it. Too monotone 2bh, and I couldnt really say that for ODB
>>
>>65031785
yeah, that's fine, if you're not in it for the lyrics he's not really the best. It took me a while to get used to his voice when I first started listening to him.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.