[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ love Gorillaz but not seem to care about Blur?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: blur-624-1366318758.jpg (204 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
blur-624-1366318758.jpg
204 KB, 624x420
Why does /mu/ love Gorillaz but not seem to care about Blur?
>>
WHOO OOH
>>
>>65019907
I do, Parklife is a cool album
>>
Blur was before /mu/'s time
>>
what are you talking about. 4chan likes blur more than any one or group I know
>>
>>65019907
my guess is cuz blur is more popular in Britain.
>>
Actually it's just the neo /mu/ memers that only listen to /mu/core essentials and think they fit in by spamming memes made by a faggot trip.
This place used to be better.
>>
OY

Blur has made some very good albums. Parklife, Blur, Think Tank to name three. Many will argue about the quality of their entire discog but honestly, they've created very few poor songs. Their poor songs have been limited to the early demo, early record, or odd b-side at worst.
Blur is a band that admitedly depends on some level of zeitgeist however. While their music is catchy, crafty, and at some points artsy enough to be enjoyed by anybody, they themselves will admit that on some level past what their international fans can apparently perceive, their message is largely British in conception and delivery. Again, this shouldn't be the end all be all interpretation of their music, in my opinon.

Gorillaz only barely manages to change this narrative. Gorillaz incorporates US skewed rapping and rhythm, on occasion, but manages to blend UK trip-hop and grime eccentricities with some level of US esotericism. Through multi-media and high-octane manga chapters' level of action they draw the attention of youth, older youth, a bit past youth, mostly past youth, and young adulst everywhere. What will draw in that audience may or may not stay, but the unique instrumentals and vocal performances, ALL thanks to contributions most would consider otherworldly in practice, seem to stay in the hands of puppet master Albarn. God bless.
>>
>>65020182
no it didn't lmfao
>>
>>65020368
Fuck I really lost it towards the end there. I'm drunk. My point is that Albarn pulls exactly what he wants out of his unlikely features, similarly to how Kanye West did on Yeezus.
>>
>>65019907
i think they are mad about the nardwuar interview incident.
I´ve seen more threads in /mu/ saying that oasis are better than blur wich only shows how much stupidly contrarian they are.
>>
think tank is 10/10
>>
>>65020448
The Nard is a game changer brah. I'm forever willing to say fuck Henry Rollins, fuck Sonic Youth, and fuck the shitty redheaded bespectacled dude in Blur thanks to those immortal moments in youtube history

On the flipside, he's made me want to give weight to garbage artists like Kehlani just based on the personality of theirs that he captured
>>
>>65020448
>>65020500
That said, Oasis is trash, will always be trash, and will never to Blur's worst record
>>
>>65020500
they were high on cocaine and part of his recovery was apologizing to nardwuar lel

don't do coke
>>
>>65020538
I was high on fentanyl and a high powered version of klonopin when my folks kicked me out with nothing on my back

I said I was sorry but they haven't let me back into their home, and I really don't deserve to be let back in
>>
Blur Are Shite
>>
File: TIMTAYLOR.png (3 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
TIMTAYLOR.png
3 MB, 1200x900
>>65019907
Blurs music actually sucks, it's a British thing where they get this collective ownership mentality and just will not or cannot face that blur has made mediocre, chav core music

Gorillaz is creative and nostalgic, blurs albums are a mess with no direction and style
>>
um, blur is like 90's trash, they haven't been relevant since the twin towers fell
>>
>>65020633
Exactly. I feel like its a bit of revisionist history since Gorillaz was so good and successful people look back and say "oh yeah Blur was damon too yeah they're good too"
>>
>>65020695
>>65020672
>>65020633
Alright cunts you didn't want to quote me with my opinion that was essentially the same but stated better? Fine, see how you like it when I'm getting paid for shitty 2 to 3 paragraph reviews of music next year.
>>
>>65020762
talmbout these
>>65020368
>>65020415
>>65020500
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.