[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I write music like him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 500x750
How do I write music like him?
>>
File: panda-bear-456-1304085880.jpg (46 KB, 455x304) Image search: [Google]
panda-bear-456-1304085880.jpg
46 KB, 455x304
His lyrics are surprisingly straightforward after reading them. It's just his vocal style that makes it sound more dramatic and profound than they really are.

"You kind of make me want to shut your mouth
Just to keep out all of those unfriendly feelings
Just because you've got a lot of wax and all those first editions
I want you to know sticks and stones may break my bones
But words will never hurt me
All I need to know I knew so early"
>>
sing in an effeminate voice and use lots of reverb
>>
make a drum loop, play some synths and sing ooohhh aaaahhss on top. soak everything in reverb. there you go
>>
>>65016391

This shit doesn't even rhyme yet when he sings it the words flow perfectly.
>>
Gotta be super qt
>>
Filter in decades of house and hip-hop music through reverb psychedelic pop.

>>65016391
Those are just his lyrics, not his music. Though his lyrics are mainly words to fill the notes he sings.
>>
>>65016418
It goes to show that rhyming isn't actually necessary, so long as the notes fit the melody.
>>
>>65016432
this + techno

other day I realized how rythmic mpp is
>>
take way too much acid, and then take more acid
>>
Go to West Africa.
>>
add reverb
>>
Just be a bro
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.