[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got hired at a record store, ask me anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: Endtroducing.jpg (252 KB, 1087x1072) Image search: [Google]
Endtroducing.jpg
252 KB, 1087x1072
I just got hired at a record store, ask me anything
>>
How hard was it to get the job? Can you choose what music to play in the store?
>>
What was your major in college?
>>
>>65015780
Well, I've been going there and buying stuff for a few years now, and I know almost all of the guys. However, I was going to be doing all of that stuff regardless of whether I ended up working there or not. So, I probably wouldn't be hired if they didn't know me already, but I didn't get to know them specifically to get a job. And yeah we take turns playing whatever we want.

>>65015790
Currently in college, majoring in Marketing.
>>
do you have an online store that has like $1 CD's and shit available to buy
>>
Are the employee discounts good?
>>
where do you work?
>>
Did mu core knowledge help land you the gig?
>>
>>65015865
25%
>>65015853
Nah, place is in a touristy area so they're a little bit steep, which sucks
>>65015884
Rekkid sto
>>65015903
Honestly, yeah. Never would have been into music if it weren't for this shithole.
>>
Why does music come out on Tuesdays?
>>
>>65015962
it doesn't
>>
>>65015903
>>65015924
How does that help you get the job? Do they actually care about your music knowledge?
>>
>>65016035
wait what? everything comes out on Tuesdays, dude
DVDs, video games, music, books
>>
>>65016060
they changed the day for music releases (not sure about movies and stuff tho) to Friday like a year ago
>>
>>65016039
They do. Biggest part of the job is recommending/talking to people. It's not a kind of "sit there and wait for the customer to come up to the counter with their records" kind of place. We have to really make the sales
>>
>>65015753
Hat or hair?
>>
favorite album from this year so far?
>>
>>65016228
Tim Hecker, or maybe Nonagon Infinity or Teens of Denial
>>
Where do you keep the Pantera albums and how much do they cost
>>
>>65016161
That's interesting. Do they try to hire people with different sorts of tastes so that all genres are covered like a techno guy and a hip hop guy and so on
>>
Is Crosley a normie meme or are they actually good? I have about 2 grand to spend on a decent setup but I really don't know what to get because I just now got on my own and don't have much experience.
>>
How's the selection of used albums compared to new albums? There's two stores near my location, and one buys more reissues than the other -- and probably for good reason, because they don't get a very big selection of used ones other than straight-to-the-dollar-bin stuff in bulk. After all, getting more copies into circulation increases the chance that those albums would end up back in a store later on instead of another dollar bin record, right?
>>
>>65016517
Crosley is shit. If you want to listen to records and not destroy them, get an audio technica player and a decent used receiver and some used speakers. Shouldn't be more than like $300 total and it'll give you what it seems like you're looking for.

>>65016683
A lot of the used stuff is pretty good. This place is a bit overpriced, so you'll either have really good/desirable used stuff in there for a decent price, or records that are more common, in worse condition, be overpriced. Also, all of the used stuff is old.
>>
>>65016060
did you freeze yourself f0r a year?
>>
>>65015753
Would you be mean if a somewhat androgynous, scrawny long haired guy walked into your store, and would you look at him like you want to rip his fucking head off?
>>
>>65016988
I can't remember the last album I bought on release day
>>
>>65015962
>>65016060
As of July, 2015, albums are released on Fridays.
>>
>>65017220
http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/07/10/421483599/goodbye-music-tuesday-starting-today-albums-come-out-on-friday
whaaaaat
>>
>>65017220
why do comics come out on Wednesday then? are they gonna move that to Friday too
>>
>>65015753
oh shit is that millennium records in portland?
>>
>>65015753
Is your boss a condescending prick?
>>
>>65017323
the record store is closed
K Street Records, Sacramento
>>
>>65017193
nor can i. but do you not pay attention to like when albums drop on the internet? this board is quite centered on new releases
>>
>>65019420
I'm a cross-poster
Please no bully
>>
>>65019495
sorry, no hard feelings
>>
>>65017432
you ever see mc ride riding his bike in sac?
>>
>>65016517
Crosley owner here.

DO NOT GET A CROSSLEY, I REPEAT, DO NOT GET A CROSSLEY.
>>
>>65015753
How did you get so lucky
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.