[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't England created any good music in the last 25
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: no.jpg (73 KB, 945x591) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
73 KB, 945x591
Why hasn't England created any good music in the last 25 years? They did so well from the 60's through the 80's.
>>
Why hasn't the US created any good music at all?
>>
maybe look into dance/electronic music lol
>>
>Why hasn't England created any good music in the last 25 years?

I mean rock music maybe, but aside from that, you're completely wrong.
>>
>>64828016
you mean the music Detroit and Chicago were making 30 years ago? Why are you guys so hung up on that
>>
England isn't as nearly as depressing as it was in the 70s-80s. Urban decay isn't nearly as bad
>>
>>64827718
>>64827940

Why do you enjoy being contrarians that don't actually believe in the stuff you shitpost?
>>
File: MeatMurder.jpg (42 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
MeatMurder.jpg
42 KB, 301x300
>>64828028
???
>>
File: Marquee_moon_album_cover.jpg (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Marquee_moon_album_cover.jpg
57 KB, 300x300
>>64827940
Why is the greatest album of all time from the US?
>>
>>64828041
not all dance music is house and techno, lol. but besides, there are several subgenres of techno indigenous to the uk. try again.
>>
>>64828124
Yeah man, thanks for the wonderful gift of dubstep. What a wonderful music culture you guys have.
>>
>>64827718
What is he holding?
>>
>>64827718
>radiohead
>not good
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>64828093
Transformers 3 tier.
>>
>>64828129
wew, nice cherrypicking. but yeah, if you've ever been in bristol at the club on a dubstep night it's really quite "wonderful."
>>
>>64828093
Why did you post an album that's 31 years old
>>
File: sturgeon.jpg (60 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
sturgeon.jpg
60 KB, 675x450
>>64827718
Britain is in a really lousy period at the moment.

Most of our big bands were created in the early 90s goldrush. Since then very few people have taken hold and there hasn't been any main stream cultural movements.

Television and Radio losing market share to the internet has probably kept things like this. But then for a savy mogul shouldn't be a problem, it should be an opportunity.

Another explanation could be the divisions the country has gone through, Scottish devolution, EDL, Muslim fundamentalism, UKIP Brexit. All these things are fragmenting people into personal political groups and I suspect makes it harder for bands to sweep up large groups of people.

And the loss of the music press, it's all on-line, but where?

It doesn't seem to have stopped America, QOTSA, Lana, Taylor, Annie, FJM, War on Drugs, and all the hundreds of 70s style rock bands.

This isn't happening in the UK that I can hear. When I put on the radio the new bands the young DJs holler about excitedly are really a bit naff, or obviously just out of college.

That a band like The 1975 manages to sell well is quite miraculous, but despite their sales figures probably not like a young blur or Oasis or young Rolling Stones.

The girls did that one.

Where is the future? and it keeps on not happening.
>>
>>64828129
UK dubstep was a completely different entity from modern american dubstep, tardo
>>
>>64828369
Yes?
>>
>>64828129
actual dubstep was great. Don't get that mixed up with the likes of skrillex
>>
File: o-WILL-SELF-facebook.jpg (155 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-WILL-SELF-facebook.jpg
155 KB, 2000x1000
>>64828276
Then there is yet another explanation
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.