[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metalcore.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: metalcore.jpg (9 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
metalcore.jpg
9 KB, 620x400
Let's talk about the Extreme Metal genre, currently listening to Feed Her to the Shark's Fortitude, there are a ton of good Australian metalcore bands out there.

Metalcore is probably my top dog genre with ADTR getting me into it, I listen to Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, August Burns Red, Old Bring Me the Horizon (I also listen to new), Parkway Drive, Memphis May Fire.. etc.

So i'm all around the place with the scene.
>>
Kill yourself.

Anyway here's some good metalcore:

.hopesfall.
Integrity
Botch
Converge
7 Angels 7 Plagues
Misery Signals
Yakuza
Poison The Well
Protest The Hero
Dead And Divine
SikTh

Just so we can take the "le metalcore is shit" memers out of the way.

Also, BMTH are good and objectively above all the rest of the other scene garbage.
>>
>>64822144
thanks faget
>>
>>64822144
There is a hell and semp are legit albums, i was disappointed in the new one, they could have done much better, none of their stuff is necessarily top tier in any way, bu its solid stuff
>>
>>64821543

parkway and abr are good
>>
BMTH had such a weird progression as a band

From spastic annoying deathcore really early on, to some actually pretty good melo-deathcore, to dumbed down metalcore, to practically pop butt-rock. They sure figured out how to pay the bills, though
>>
>>64822144
>protest the hero
>somehow not scene garbage

anyways i havent listened to firestorm in about ten years now
>>
>>64822538

whats your opinions on the 2nd-4th albums individually?
>>
>>64822715
>From spastic annoying deathcore
The EP before CYB

>some actually pretty good melo-deathcore
CYB

>dumbed down metalcore
Suicide Season and There Is A Hell
Almost all the melodeath influence was lost and their guitar parts were simplified. Also when the shitty half-yell-half-shriek vocals came in

>practically pop butt-rock
Everything after that. Lots of it is still technically metalcore, but just barely
>>
Would Eths and Avenged sevenfold be classified as metalcore?
>>
>>64823180

a7x is second wave melo death influenced, just the first two albums though
>>
>>64823139

cyb is underrated, they shifted fro melo-death to posthardcore on there is a hell which accounts for the shriek stuff, i think it was a good expansion of their sound, too band they expanded in the wrong direction after, i was hoping for some light electronic and crescendo-core but was sadly disappointed.
>>
>>64822144
>converge
>protest the hero
>sikth
>metalcore

Have you completely lost your mind?
>>
File: SunEater.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
SunEater.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>64823256
Job For A Cowboy got the progression right. Trend-sending deathcore to straight up death metal to amazing prog-death. I just wish they'd actually tour and play shows after releasing the best album of their career
>>
>>64823541
lol job for a cowboy is doomed to die in limbo, they lost the huge deathcore base but the "true metal" fans at large will never accept them. bretty good album though
>>
GENGHIS TRON
>>
>>64823530

converge is literally the most influential band in metalcore you fucking mong,
>>
>>64821543
who the fuck thinks metalcore is extreme metal?
>>
>>64823658
>>64823541

also considering they were basically the founders of southwest myspace deathcore around 2005, i wouldnt call it trend seeking since they essentially started something new moving away from the new england sound, it makes their failure to cross the gap with fans even worse
>>
File: Gallium.jpg (208 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Gallium.jpg
208 KB, 1024x768
>>64821543
>not listening to Thy Art is murder
>not listening to Zombie EP by The Devil Wears Prada.

C'mon dude.
>>
>>64823735
throw in some erra and after the burial
>>
>>64823733
>>64823541
>trend-sending
Oh shit, I meant trend-setting. Yeah, they did spark a bunch of scene clones
>>
>>64821543
Listen to Architects.
>>
File: Thy_Art_Is_Murder_Hate.jpg (174 KB, 519x500) Image search: [Google]
Thy_Art_Is_Murder_Hate.jpg
174 KB, 519x500
>>64821543
educate yourselves on the greatest metalcore album to exist to this date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJObHjQF54U&list=PL1kiMTViEenTpo8u2hq0dcs6-YldHignj
>>
>>64823735
Thy Art is Murder is deathcore, retard
>>
>>64823862

good stuff, but not metalcore
>>
>>64823847
This

Also try The Amity Affliction and The Lamb of God (groove metal but has metalcore elements)
>>
>>64823875
>retard
im not the one listening to Killswitch Engage in 2016. When was the last time they came out with an album? Are they 50 years old now?
>>
>>64823932
gotta step outside of the metal-core genre a bit.
>>
>>64823978
I'm not fucking listening to Killswitch Engage at all.
>>
>>64823978

bruh i saw KSE 2 months ago and they fuckin ripped it up. new album was kinda meh but there are some good songs
>>
>>64823972

TAA is really scene trendy but damn if hey cant write a bitchin chorus
>>
File: blaahahahah.jpg (23 KB, 417x407) Image search: [Google]
blaahahahah.jpg
23 KB, 417x407
>>64824037
oh well you're an annoying twat. What do you have to say about that, buddy?
>>
>>64823847

seconded, cant wait for the next album
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.