[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ryuichi sakamoto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 720x405-GettyImages-178275944.jpg (29 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
720x405-GettyImages-178275944.jpg
29 KB, 720x405
i've listened to YMO and the Mr. Lawrence soundtrack
what are his most stand out solo albums? are any essential? is there a flowchart?
any help would be appreciated, thanks
>>
thousand knives the goat
>>
>>64818637
agreed
>>
>>64818637
>>64818661
thanks boys
>>
>>64818661
>>64818637
holy shit this song fucking owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8wdoQKKvM
thank you guys so much
>>
>>64818823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7cXfDWRr4
i watch this performance like once a week
>>
>>64818858
same here
i cant stop listening to this band
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6Z6PWXlDY
heres something cute that haruomi did with miharu koshi
>>
>>64818582
hell be fine
>>
>>64818858
Basically daily here. I've copied most of the synth patches used in it.

>>64818582
B2 Unit is essential imo along with Thousand Knives. I like Left Handed Dream and also Playing the Piano for stripped down versions of some of the songs.
>>
>>64819052
>>64818858
op here
i am loving this so much, you are the best
>>
guaranteed GOAT recordings:

thousand knives
summer nerves
b2 unit
left handed dream
ongaku zukan (avoid the international version titled 'illustrated musical encyclopedia' and look for the original japanese version)
esperanto
koneko monogatari soundtrack
futurista
royal space force soundtrack
neo geo
last emperor soundtrack (well for his works on it specifically, since it is bulk written by sakamoto but also has some stuff written by le original autism child david byrne and some china man named cong tsu no one remembers)
beauty
wuthering heights soundtrack
heartbeat (pref original japanese version)
the sheltering sky soundtrack
smoochy
snake eyes soundtrack
bttb
chasm
playing the piano (basically a comp of solo piano versions of his works, available in several versions, 2 cd, single cd, under different names, but any version is good to have)

and that's not including other projects or his ambient works. i'm not really into ambient stuff but some people only know of sakamoto because of the ambient projects he's done so there's definitely a probable list of best recordings from that side of his output but i wouldn't know.

also his compilation albums that collect his demos and commercial works from the 70s and 80s are really good too, but also hard to find.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.