[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit that triggers you while playing instruments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 13543132114.jpg (92 KB, 634x540) Image search: [Google]
13543132114.jpg
92 KB, 634x540
>Octave slide
>>
>I have no idea what I'm even playing any more
it's not really a trigger but you know the "oh fuck I'm so losttt aaaaa
>>
>play someone else's guitar
>feels weird
>>
>"bro can i play your guitar?"
>immediately proceeds to change the tuning

every time
>>
>drummer doesn't know when his kit is out of tune so you have to do it for him
>>
>>64815858
Can't you just say "Yeah, but don't touch the tuners" before you hand it to them?
>>
>improvising over a scale
>hit a fucking note out of the scale
>whole thing falls apart
>>
File: wes_montgomery_07.jpg (16 KB, 640x513) Image search: [Google]
wes_montgomery_07.jpg
16 KB, 640x513
>>64816017
>weak
>>
>>64815858
>then they don't tune it back when they're done
>>
>>64816017
>>64816093

Yeah, pretty weak. Probably the biggest difference between an amateur player and a pro. The pro fucks up, but keeps going. The amateur fucks up and stops.
>>
>>64815310
i dont get the joke whats bad about octave slides
>>
>when I let my drummer have the spotlight and he does fucking nothing with the time
>>
File: gary-moore-0__400x225.jpg (18 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
gary-moore-0__400x225.jpg
18 KB, 400x225
>>64816122
that is be-bop though.

"oop slide up a note - yeah no one noticed oop slide up a note - yeah no one noticed oop slide up a note - yeah no one noticed oop slide up a note - yeah no one noticed oop slide up a note - yeah no one noticed"

finish on an arpeggio

,I'll have a pint
>>
>>64816183
>when it's time for the drummer to play a steady groove but he thinks it's time for a drum solo
>>
>>64816122
>>64816093
i've only been playing for a little while you harsh motherfuckers, im amateur as fuck and make no illusions about it

a very annoying thing, however, is when your guitar goes wildly out of tune after only a day or two. fucking old guitar.
>>
>>64816214
Yeah it is. I like be-bop.

But if you play a note out of the scale, then the whole things falls apart... you lose the rhythm, you lose your place, you need to start over, etc. That's amateurish. Just keep playing.

People who don't know anything about music won't notice. People who do know stuff about music will let it slide because you didn't let it fuck you up.
>>
>>64816166
it has a poor effect
>>
>>64816258
That's cool though. Just take it as some advice. I teach music students and that's the number one issue I see over and over again.

"Ooops, I messed up. Let me start over."

"NO! Keep going."

Don't learn bad habits. Learn to play through your mistakes and you'll be a better performer than most players out there.
>>
File: gs11.png (7 KB, 640x416) Image search: [Google]
gs11.png
7 KB, 640x416
>>64816307
>tart over, etc. That's amateurish. Just keep playing.

yeah but when you get that thing and you're still playing but you've no idea anymore and it's all gone and you're reaching around and feeling a bit sicky now where's an ending

>ah you died
>>
>>64816429
it's free jazz
>>
>>64816402
thank you for the advice anon :) I'll try and remember it
>>
>soloist just goes up and down the chromatic scale
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.