[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever heard it? what do you think about it? https://www.youtu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Escalator_Over_The_Hill-CD.jpg (13 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
Escalator_Over_The_Hill-CD.jpg
13 KB, 208x208
Ever heard it? what do you think about it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83JDGIirtPQ
>>
literal masterpiece
>>
overrated garbage jazz for rockists whose only other exposure to the genre is Bitches Brew, A Love Supreme, and Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
>>
It's good

>>64812857
(You)
>>
>>64812817
If you can get your hands on some of Pual Haines' work. He released a small book of poems called Third World Two and his daughter, Emily Haines form METRIC released Secret Carnival Workers after he died. his work as a poet is amazing.
>>
>>64812857
>overrated garbage
great ''''opinion''''
>>64812857
>jazz for rockists whose only other exposure to the genre is Bitches Brew, A Love Supreme, and Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
irrelevant
>>
They dead
>>
>>64812786
SCARUFFI CORE FUCKING FAGGOT SCARUFFI DRONE ROT IN HELL SON OF A BITCH MAKE UP YOUR OWN FUCKING MIND BABBYS FIRST JAZZ FAGGOT

>LE VOCAL JAZZ FAEC
>>
>you like any album scaruffi likes
>drone
wew lad
this type of jazz is the only jazz worth listening to. free jazz and improvisation is a CIA psy-op.
>>
>>64813414
Where's the evidence fellow memester?
>>
>>64813001
no, extremely relevant. the only reason it's adored is because a bunch of people with myopic understanding of what jazz is and can be hype it up way too much to one another. i'm glad that people get an entry point into jazz, but for some reason, it seems to be unique (alongside maybe classical) in getting a bunch of people to sample one or two entry level albums and then never dig deeper. it's a big shame.
>>
>>64813414
>implying only forms of jazz are post-bop and beyond
>implying bebop and hard bop aren't great
>absolutely completely ignoring vocal jazz, trad, and big band and cool of various kinds

jesus fucking christ, classic Escalator Over the Hill fan here can't even name ERAS of jazz
>>
>>64813445
Well, I just answered my own question

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_CIA_and_the_Cultural_Cold_War
>>
>>64813486
>alongside maybe classical
you mean rockists listening to a few classical works and quitting or classical fags listening to jazz?

anyways, this being a well known album popular among rockists doesn't make it a bad album.
>>
>>64813670
rockists listening to a few classical works

and no, it being a bloated uneven mess of an album that's clearly dipping its fingers into a variety of pies to appeal to the fucking cultural degeneracy of the late '60s is what makes it bad - its later approval and endorsement by rock-loving troglodytes (who forsake free Coltrane, Coleman, all spiritual jazz, etc.) is just confirmation that it's outside the boundaries of progressive jazz of its day and was, in fact, a regressive catastrophe on three discs
>>
>>64813787
am i redeemed if I listen to spiritual unity?
>>
>>64813787
now let's hear why you think it's disorganized
>>
Please turn this album into more of a meme than it already is - "avant-jazz" "fans" are hilarious when you get them assblasted enough
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.