[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we argue which is the worst track
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: cover.jpg (843 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
843 KB, 1400x1400
Glass Eyes
It doesnt go anywhere
>>
>>64803399
Pleb, Glass Eyes is one of the best. The worst is Desert Island Disc.
>>
>>64803399
this and desert island disk
the rest is legitimately 9/10 or above
>>
Desert Island Disk is by far the worst
>>
>>64803414
nah It's on levels like faust arp, i dig it
>>
>>64803432
Are you kidding? The acoustic guitar is so good and that 'yeah yooooooou, you know what I mean' part is one of the best moments on the whole album.

Worst song is glass eyes but I still like it.
>>
>>64803480
same here

The acoustic guitar with those overlay sound effects are great. I cant put my finger on it but the sound effects give really cozy vibes and sound something like from In Rainbows
>>
>>64803453
true, since in rainbows they always have a minimalist folksy song on every album. And it's always the worst song on the album...

In Rainbows - Faust Arp
The King Of limbs - Giving up the Ghost
A Moon Shaped Pool - Desert Island Disk, Glass Eyes
>>
Monitoring in case somebody names my favourite
>>
I'm very disappointed with the way True Love Waits turned out. Much preferred his live demo version.
>>
Tinker Tailor is my least favourite
>>
>>64803399

Daydreaming>The Numbers>Burn The Witch>the rest suck
>>
>>64803532
Are you kidding me? Faust Arp the worst song? Giving up the gost the worst song? What?? These are ones of the best
>>
imo desert island disk is my least favorite, but i still like it.

AMSP doesn't have any tracks i always skip, like House of Cards and Treefingers.
>>
Desert Island Disk and True Love Waits
>>
>>64803708
>skipping treefingers
pleb
>>
>>64803648
no love for Decks Dark? Been listening to it all morning.
>>
>>64803611
If you're dissapointed that they didnt add more to it, other than just thom singing with one instrument, then i dont agree.

That song was made to be a solo song, and it was just the decision of what instrument to play for the studio version.

I personally like the choice of piano, like we already have a good guitar version so why not make something different with it.
>>
>>64803796
not him but there's not enough instrumentation and power to it, only at the end.
>>
>>64803796
This. By far my favorite track on the album
>>
>>64803855
Lel, i on the contrary don't like the ending. Middle part fucking rocks though.
>>
The Ballad of Yeatman is the only GOAT song on the album 2bh
>>
>>64803756

yeah, i dont care. it's boring and kills the flow of the album. it sounds nice but goes on so fucking long. they made hunting bears an interesting instrumental, why did they make treefingers so pointless?
>>
>>64803796
Im a Dark decks fan, might be my fave
>>
What the holy hell is with /mu/ disliking desert island disk so much? I don't expect, much less demand that it's everyone's favorite, and fine fair enough if some people here and there don't connect with it at all, but to my ears It's the most appealing track on the album. I feel like an inverse radiohead fan whenever I read you people's posts. My favorite album is HTTT, I'm not huge on OKC, no one likes desert island disc and everyone's raving about Identikit which was my least favorite of the album.

Just kill me pham.
>>
File: 1460052726822.jpg (70 KB, 950x1144) Image search: [Google]
1460052726822.jpg
70 KB, 950x1144
the numbers and that long title named track are both the worst
>>
>>64803855
>muh instrumentation and power
There's more to music than just instruments, you know
>>
Its actually identikit. It starts of good and then turns to shit with the sudden change into BROKEN HEARTS MAKE IT RAIN

Perfect example of ruining a good song
>>
>>64804218
I agree, it's somewhat Alt-Jesque, and Alt-J is for fags
>>
Daydreaming is objectively best
>>
>>64803796
My fav, Colin killed it
>>
Glass eyes?!?! Lol top 3 on the album
>>
>>64804259
it is nothing like fucking Alt-J
>>
Identikit is the worst
Decks Dark is the best
>>
that krautrock rip off is disgusting
:D
Fuck all of you.
>>
File: total pleb.jpg (59 KB, 210x180) Image search: [Google]
total pleb.jpg
59 KB, 210x180
>>64803532
>>
>>64803399
>It doesnt go anywhere
It goes to Identikit.
>>
>>64803708
Dude Treefingers is fucking sublime
>>
>>64803399
I really love every track on this album, but I usually find myself skipping Tinker Toy Soulja Boy
>>
Desert Island Disk starts well but then I always get bored by the end of the song. And I don't like either of the singles either.

My favourites are Decks Dark and Identikit.
>>
>>64805205
Same here. I think true love waits suffers from being right after it. Both are good songs on their own.
>>
I don't gt why everyone hates on TTSS, it's not the best on the album but it progresses really well.

Identikit is the worst, the first 2 minutes get boring quite quickly and the choir sounds pretty shitty. The guitars and synths are nice though.
>>
>>64803727
>True Love Waits
Unless you're disappointed with just the studio version, hownew.ru?
>>
glass eyes and numbers.. just boring folky dadrock songs, the rest is fantastic
>>
>>64805286
the live version is better, those damn synth's were the best part of the song but they fucked that shit up
>>
>>64805286
>I don't get why everyone hates on TTSS
Right? For me it's the weirdest on the album as well - perhaps the least traditional. I think it being the penultimate track might have been a bad move, but it's still great.
>>
Ful Stop is the worst
those vocals made me cringe
>>
>>64805485
Glass Eyes is one of the best ballads they've ever done imo.

>>64805507
The front half of the live version was always pretty rough. I prefer the opening of the album, and the ending of the live version. Both are good variants in their own right.
>>
>>64805507
The added guitar and the opening make it better. But you will probably get the best of both worlds in the new live version.
>>
>>64803432
i loved that one lmao
>>
>>64805507
Definitely, Ed's backing vocals and the live drum beat add so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sRWQ5BhYcE
>>
Burn The Witch is actually the worst song on this
>>
>>64805708
Why would any reasonable person think this?
>>
>>64803399
I think the beginning to Ful Stop lasts way too long. The ending does make up for it but it's a bit annoying having to sit through it.
>>
>>64803611
agreed, quite an anticlimax to the album. I think The Numbers would have been a better closer, particularly the way it drifts apart at the end.

They've gone from big, anthemic closers in their early albums (Blow Out, Street Spirit, The Tourist) to more and more intimate and dreamy closers on the later albums (MPS, Videotape, True Love Waits).
>>
>>64805766
Man, that slow fade-in intro is the absolute tits
>>
>>64805751
Its a 9/10 just every other song is a 10
>>
>>64805205
>>64803634

Go get some taste guys
>>
I honestly can't get into The Numbers. I love the ending and the beginning but the guitar parts are just way too Neil Young-ish for me (not that I don't like Neil Young)
>>
>>64805708
I kinda agree

>>64805751
It's kinda cliche and monotonic to me, every other song is so vast and beautiful in comparison. Still a great song don't get me wrong
>>
>>64805778
In general, yeah.
That's why Wolf at the Door is one of my favorite closers. It's a mix between the two, like all of HTTT.
>>
>>64805793
Oh yeah the intro is great, just the two minute interlude between the intro and the drums is a bit much
>>
>>64803399
this would be a 10/10 without the choir and desert
>>
>>64805838
A mix between the two and not as good as either. Glasshouse is a good mix because it's the most acoustic but still emotionally charged and quite loud.
>>
>>64805853
I really don't get the hate for the choir tbqh. It especially adds to Present Tense.
>>
>>64805865
Yeah, like all of HTTT, a mix but not as good as either. Glasshouse is great but the climax sometimes feels like it isn't enough
>>64805842
Live version had a better intro with a synth that made your skin crawl
>>
>>64803399
darks
ful stop
burn the witch
glass eye
present
the numbers
tinker
identikit
true love
daydreaming
desert
>>
>>64805825
How is it monotonic? Did you not hear the well timed, awesome fucking string swelling section in the middle of the song? The song is tightly packed, progresses strongly, has that neat kamakazi dive bomb chaos crescendo to finish it off.

If anything daydreaming is the most monotonic song of the album. Though it does have a nice ending it just takes too long to get there.
>>
>>64805914
I'm gonna check out that live version, thanks for the info anon

>>64806005
It's just relatively monotonic to the other songs on the album. I guess there are other songs that fit that but burn the witch is a more upbeat song with a very similar progression for each verse-chorus. I dunno maybe I just listened to it way too much when it first came out too.
>>
I do love all the wildly varying opinions of this album
>>
>>64803399
Present Tense because it sounds like some sort of generic "mock Latin" background music you'd hear at a hotel lounge in the Caribbean or something.
>>
>>64806146
I'd agree but I think it has my favorite Thom vocal performance.
>>
>>64806146
>in you I'm lost
>and all this love
>will be in vain
confirmed for no heart

It's one of the strongest songs on the record. I think the worst might be Identikit. It just doesn't sound like it has any cohesion to it.
>>
>>64806097
Here is the real question through: are we loving this album so much because it's the honeymoon period after a long hiatus following a poorly received TKoL and we feel obligated to love it and after a month or so we'll realize it's just sort of mediocre?

Or is it genuinely and honestly good?
>>
>>64806254
It's genuinely good. You can tell because it's getting good reviews from people who aren't die hard radiohead fans
>>
>>64806254
It's actually good, untill you stop thinking so. Do you really have to question, weather your feelings on this album are true? Ofc at some point you'll get tired of it, i guess. Though i can see how few songs, such as Ful Stop or Present Tense are already an instant classic, that i will always enjoy.
>>
>>64806254
Burn the Witch got me in to Radiohead by making me realize that not all of what they did sounded like Creep.
>>
Glass Eyes is the best song on the album for the lyrics alone.

Worst initially was Desert Island Disk for me but I'm warming up to it a little with each listen, whereas The Numbers has actually diminished in appeal for me - I've already reached the point where I just about tune out the lyrics and focus on the instrumentation. I've gotta say that one's my new low point.
>>
>>64806254
It's actually good. In fact the more I listen to it the more I like it - I think that bodes well. It wasn't nearly as immediate and those types of albums have more longevity. TKOL wasn't awful, but I knew right away that it wasn't their best so there was no honeymoon period, as it were.
>>
>>64805708
not at all
One of the few tracks that really sound like their digging into me with energy.

Also the chorus is as beautiful as other tracks.
>>
>>64806399
>Glass Eyes is the best song on the album for the lyrics alone.
This, jesus christ. Some of the best lyrics Thom's ever written.
>>
>>64806387
What took you so long they haven't been making songs that sound like creep since like, 1997
>>
>>64806254

One, TKOL wasn't THAT poorly received. By Radiohead standards maybe but it still reviewed well enough. Two, I sincerely think that AMSP is a leap forward for the band. They had already perfected their blend of rock and electronic elements with IR in a nice, tightly composed package - where else was there to go? Apparently incorporating orchestral and classical elements more deeply than ever before in addition to that perfect synthesis, as well as allowing for more expansive, meandering passages for atmospheric effect. I thought they wrote themselves into a corner with IR but AMSP proved me the fuck wrong.
>>
Present Tense is my least favorite track, hasn't clicked yet.

Off topic it's funny how hilariously bad radio music is getting (at work) and it makes AMSP seem even better in comparison for me. Haven't heard a single track get airplay either.
>>
>>64806456

Eh, Hail To The Thief dips its toe in the Britpop pool a little here and there. Still blows Pablo Honey the fuck out when it does but that style did make a brief reappearance with songs like 2+2=5 and Go To Sleep.
>>
>>64806498

I think Present Tense is by far the easiest song on the album. Its general flow is just so goddamn smooth and its lyricism is as seductive, yet bleak as anything on IR.
>>
>>64803399
The Numbers and Burn the Witch
>>
>>64806498
depends what radio it is
I like the jazz channel i have, Wbgo, dont even listen to a lot of jazz outside of it. But havent noticed any other good stations.

At my workplace, the radio they air over the cafe, plays country outside (lol trucks + beer, but desu country has that nice feeling to it and cant go wrong, cant go great either)

Inside I heard Jigsaw falling into place, a cover of strange overtones, melancholy hill, Naive melody by talking heads, and actually some other indie sounding songs that are pretty good.

I started to like some of the rap that gets played by a few of my coworkers like drake and future.

any radio that features dance/edm/pop figures is normally shit.
>>
>>64806630

The HTTTfag in me is madly in love with Burn The Witch. I wish that and The Daily Mail were on that album. I do admit that it's a bit of an odd fit for this album, not to mention a somewhat misleading opener outside of its collision of strings and electronic grooves.
>>
>>64806492
Yeah, well said. One thing that's impressive to me is that RH have always strived to try out new things and their music is often clearly inspired by certain artists or music scenes. However AMSP is incredibly self-referential, they're refining all the past sounds from the groundwork they've already laid down, yet it's certainly not a bunch of rehashes. I mean, obviously there are still influences and out-side reference points at play, but they are heavily filtered by RH's own style and songwriting - they aren't trying to be anyone else.

It's really a wonderful album.
>>
>>64806828
I noticed this on my first listen. Something that genuinely surprises me is that its somewhat difficult to nail down the influences in each track, because they flow into one another so much. It really is a mix of everything from Kid A to TKOL, and I love it all.
>>
>>64803532
Yeah Give Up the Ghost is one of my least favourite Radiohead songs in general. No idea why so many like it.
>>
Every track is great. Numbers is actually one of my favorites, don't see what your guy's problem is. Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief is boring though, I want to know what is so good about that one?
>>
>>64805824
I hear a strong Neil Young vibe in general on this album, I thought it was just me,
>>
>>64807057
I dunno, there's something really emotional about seeing it live - just Jonny and Thom onstage. Plus the looping is more obvious live, which works to it's advantage. I agree that it seems to lack quite a bit of dynamic on record.
>>
>>64807104

For me it's Number's preachy lyrics. The music is fine but after a few listens just about any protest song gets old. Tinker Tailor is underrated IMO. Stylistically it's almost straight Amnesiac right down to the pitch black atmosphere, lyrically these figures that Thom talks about sound terrifying as fuck, and the whole thing blossoms into this beautiful but tense string section. I don't think it's immediate but that song creeped on me pretty good.
>>
>>64803532

>Faust Harp
>Worse anything

Mcfucking killyourself
>>
>>64806570
>2+2=5
>Britpop
>anything like Creep

2+2=5 is nothing like creep. It's a super manic, sonically intense song that's kind of unsettling when you really listen to it and absorb all the sounds. It's also a lot more intimidating than any Britpop song.

Go To Sleep is straight up folk rock and also doesn't sound anything like Creep.
>>
>>64807104
I just really enjoy the soundscapes of Tinker and I hear some of the leftover influences of KId A/Amnesiac there. That fluttering noise in the beginning reminds me of Autechre's EP7 and that little melody that crops up in the left channel at around 2:15 is sort BoC-ish. I always enjoyed that side of Radiohead. Thom's vocals are also sorta slinky which is a nice contrast to the more melancholy vocals throughout the album.
>>
>>64806636
>strange overtones
anyone who has heard of this collaboration is cool
why never any love for late Eno on /mu/?
>>
>>64807253
It sounds to me more like it belongs on Disc 2 of In Rainbows
>>
>I'm not living
>I'm just killing time
True Love Waits is so good, it has to be overwhelming live.
>>
>>64807323
It's a weird, but nice, mix imo. Like someone else said these songs take aspects from almost all their albums since 2001. It doesn't sound exactly like anything they've released yet it's somehow the most Radiohead-y album ever.
>>
>>64807411

It's so weird as the lyrics sound of their era - this is definitely a more personal album than most for the band but it still has the sort of earnesty you'd hear from The Bends. To see a song like that get such a heart-wrenching rendition in the studio is soul crushing.
>>
>>64807658
yeah, there are a lot more obviously "Oh yeah that's a Radiohead sound" moments on this album than KoL especially. It's signature yet a step forward which is always nice
>>
>>64806498
>Haven't heard a single track get airplay either.
I heard Burn the Witch on Toronto's alternative/indie station the other day
>>
what i can see to be some inspirations for each track

Burn The Witch - HTTT, Kid A, TKOL
Daydreaming - In Rainbows, Amnesiac, TKOL
Decks Dark - Amnesiac, HTTT, In Rainbows?
Desert Island Disk - Amnesiac, TKOL
Ful Stop - In Rainbows, Amnesiac, HTTT
Glass Eyes - TKOL, In Rainbows (Disk 2)
Identikit - TKOL, Amnesiac
The Numbers - Kid A, Amnesiac, TKOL
Present Tense - In Rainbows, Amnesiac, TKOL
TTSS- In Rainbows, Amnesiac, Kid A, TKOL
True Love Waits - Kid A, In Rainbows (disk 2), TKOL, HTTT
>>
File: 1395735137551.jpg (80 KB, 231x360) Image search: [Google]
1395735137551.jpg
80 KB, 231x360
>>64803532
>Give Up The Ghost
>Faust Arp

Those are GOAT though.
>>
I know Thom has never shied away from singing about his personal issues/state of mind /anxieties in his lyrics, but it's always been sort of arms-length and slightly obfuscated. That's why Glass Eyes is sort of a revelation for me - it's incredibly bare and intimate, even just the "hey, it's me" opening line.

I would enjoy if he explored that a little more often. I much prefer that style of writing over stuff like The Numbers.
>>
>>64803634
Really nigga? The climax of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with the strings is fucking brilliant.
>>
>>64804185
>The Numbers
>the worst
Alright, I don't even know who is serious and what's bait anymore.
>>
>>64808220

>Radiohead is only influenced by themselves and has never heard any other music and neither have I
>>
>>64809047
I don't think that's what they meant at all.
>>
>>64808915

Not him but how isn't it? It's not a bad song but I can't think of any weaker than it.

>>64809047

Earlier in the thread people said AMSP was a self-referential effort. I think that post was an attempt to further elaborate on that distinction.
>>
Desert Island Disk has really grown on me
>>
>>64809412

It's in the process of growing on me. I definitely like it more than I did on initial listens.
>>
>>64809107
>not a bad song but can't think of any weaker than it
That's how you know this is another GOAT Radiohead album. A few more months, and you'll be placing it along OKC, Kid A and IR.
>>
>>64806146

>One of Radiohead's best tracks ever
>The worst at anything at all

I think you need to leave
>>
>Ranking individual Radiohead tracks from an album
Quite possibly the oldest pleb move in the book.
>>
>>64809487

I already find it to be OKC's equal and superior to IR. Kid A is top tier Radiohead for me, though. Not sure if it'll top that one for me.
>>
File: but it's fun.jpg (26 KB, 479x359) Image search: [Google]
but it's fun.jpg
26 KB, 479x359
>>64809554
>>
desert island disc is the worst by far
>>
I'm sort of glad they changed the guitar on Present Tense because it previously sound a bit to similar to The Rip by Portishead. I also love how Thom sings on that one.
>>
>>64809574
This is how I'd probably rank them
OKC = Kid A
AMSP = IR
Amnesiac
HTTT = TKOL
The Bends
PH
>>
>>64809736

For me it's

HTTT = Kid A
AMSP = OKC
IR = Amnesiac
Bends
TKOL
PH

I know I'm in the minority with HTTT but goddamn, do I love that album.
>>
>>64809660

I agree with this, and I still think it's enjoyable even. But, I won't go out of my way to turn it on and listen to it outside of the context of the album

Some applies to Tinker Tanker Soldier Slayer Whatever
>>
>>64809804
HTTT is a fucking fantastic album. But it's just that the other albums are a little bit better.
>>
I couldn't care less about the preachy lyrics on The Numbers cause I can't even understand a fuckin word he's saying anyway
>>
By the way, there is only one way to rank Radiohead albums now.

All Time tier:
OK Computer/Kid A/In Rainbows/A Moon Shaped Pool

The rest:
1. Amnesiac
2. Hail to the Thief
3. The Bends
4. The King of Limbs
5. Creep/Blow Out
>>
Glass Eyes is one of the best songs on the album by the way, what is this shit.
>>
>>64809911

>5. Creep/Blow Out

Got a chuckle out of me.
>>
>>64809911
>OK Computer
>better than Amnesiac

I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree with it.
>>
>>64809911
>Creep/Blow Out
Top kek
>>
>>64809899
I know I'm in the extreme minority, but The Numbers just doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't now, and it didn't when Thom played it as Silent Spring solo acoustic last Christmas or around there whatever. Eh.
>>
>>64810013
It's my least favorite as well. I love the ending tho.
>>
>>64810013
Please get your ears checked. And your soul.
>>
>>64810001
It's *almost* in there. I would even give Amnesiac a tier to itself juuuuuuust below the all time classics, and call it merely their underrated greatest, and then the rest after Amnesiac.
>>
>>64810013

I like their supplementary arrangements on the album but I also didn't care for Silent Spring or Desert Island Disk when they were revealed.
>>
>>64810082
Yeah that's about where I am. The orchestration never really goes wrong at any point on the album.
>>
Where the choir works: Decks Dark, Present Tense

Where it doesn't: Identikit
>>
>>64810013
I also didn't like it when Thom played Silent Spring at that benefit concert, but I think the album version is really good. Especially how Thom's voice sounds during "OOOONNNNEE DAY AT A TIIIIIMMMMEEE". For some reason that part reminds me very strongly of the soundtrack for the 1995 Ghost in the Shell movie.
>>
>>64810185
I kind of have to agree. Even though I like Identikit (not as much as the live version, but it's still really good) that choir sounds really cheesy to me.
>>
>>64810185

I disagree on the grounds that the choir counterracts the weak ass synths. Seriously, after hearing the live version for like 4 years the album version just sounds kinda flimsy. Dat intro/outro though.
>>
>>64810253
Yeah, the album version definitely lacks the intensity of the live version. I really liked the live version's drums and beat, as well as the synth solo, but they kind of neutered both of those here.
>>
>>64803399
Burn The Witch

Only right answer
>>
>>64810253
I like the synths on the album :/

Just too quiet.
>>
worst: the numbers (useless mellow strings etc)
>>
>>64810312

They aren't THAT bad I guess but the live versions just sound so much meatier. The first time I heard it my heart actually sank a little.
>>
So of the acoustic trio, this is the objective rating

Present Tense > The Numbers > Desert Island Disk
>>
>>64810253
>>64810287
I think the middle section is the only part that's underwhelming. The rest of the song was adapted really well in my opinion. I feel like I'm listening to a different song than everyone else...
>>
>>64810185
>Where it doesn't: Identikit
You insane brother? It's the best part of the song!
>>
>>64810338

The strings on that track are better than the song they compliment.

>>64810360

PT > DID > TN
>>
>>64803399
So according to this board TKOL is generally considered one of the band's worst albums and now AMSP is up there with their best?

It's like you're trying to become Reddit.
>>
>>64804265
this

The rest ain't bad, but as for the breaking of some ground - this is the best song on the album
>>
>>64810364

The rest of it was fine. Drums are weaker but the guitar parts are much better. It's really just the synth solo that threw me.
>>
This is probably blasphemy but I never really cared for True Love Waits. However this version is great, it works better as a dirge for me.
>>
>>64803399
>>64806146
your taste is shit so is your life
>>
>>64810412
Wouldn't call it best, but for some reason i still can't stop listening to it. I can listen it for 5 times in a row on repeat and i'll still want to listen to it. I honestly wish this song was a house, so i could live in it.
>>
>>64810425
Agreed. Props to those that enjoyed the acoustic versions but it hit me for the first time on AMSP.
>>
>>64810425

I heard the song maybe once prior to the album version so I have no real attachment to the song. That said, once it settled in a bit I think the album version is excellent. Had Daydreaming been the intro the bookending on this album would've been unreal.
>>
>>64810425
I'm with you on that one.
>>
>>64810477
Yea, most addictive also. Best being a strong word seeing as its length doesn't seem to be as long as it is somehow. Better in that way... Maybe too soon for me to tell, haven't let the rest sink in. Love the house metaphor. I keep nearly crying when it comes on cycling to work. Chips out beautiful memories and then ups the mood just when that gets all too much.
>>
>all these people implying True Love Waits isn't perfect
you are all incorrect
>>
>>64803796
great song mate
>>
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME
>>
>>64810801
THE GRASS GROWS OVER ME
>>
>>64810810
YOUR FACE IN THE GLASS IN THE GLASS
>>
>>64810835
IT WAS JUST A LAUGH, JUST A LAUGH
>>
File: 1462936761475.png (525 KB, 668x1301) Image search: [Google]
1462936761475.png
525 KB, 668x1301
>>
>>64804130
I'm all with you m8, apart from Kid A being my favorite, but Hail to the Thief is totally ace too.
>>
Not necessarily the worst song, but for me Burn The Witch didn't gel with the rest.
>>
>>64810904
this
>>
>>64810860
That part's one of my favorites in the whole album. Just the way he sings "it was just a laugh, just a laugh" and "you gotta be kidding me" along with the music are just...perfect.
>>
>>64810939
I keep telling myself Ful Stop or Identikit or Daydreaming is best on the album but then I hear Thom sing the verse and then it's Decks Dark for the rest of the day.
>>
>>64810977
same
>>
>>64810866

Excellent.

>>64810904

It's a favorite of mine but it isn't quite in line with the album's general mood so I get where you're coming from.
>>
>>64810977
desu this album is too good
Also, I just reversed, filtered and re-pitched vocal snippets from Daydreaming.
There are more messages than "Half of my life"
I can hear something resembling "Bye my love" and "hello" or "alone" or something.
Anyone wanna hear it? I might be crazy
>>
>>64811065
I'm interested
>>
>>64811065
I thought it said Half my life, all my love
>>
I love the album but anyone who says the verse in identikit isn't annoying to listen to is just wrong
>>
>>64811170
????? I love the verses in that song
>>
>>64811065
Link us up with that shit anon!
Am all earsy
>>
>>64811344
>>64811093
>>64811075
>>64811065
The hidden "Bye my" or whatever. He's clearly saying something, it's not just gibberish, but I can't make out what.
Edited: https://clyp.it/kaakb3r1
Original (might get taken down):
https://clyp.it/00sdbi4t
Now, additionally, here's the widely-known "Half of my life", which has a similar melody I think.
Edited: https://clyp.it/y3oglb1l

Any requests to edit more or how I did it, just ask!
>>
>>64811606
Hmmm, seems to me to just be 'I find my love' but very breathy. Thanks anon, and it prob won't be taken down because..reasons
>>
>>64807268
Mu got me into it tho, I guess talking about talking heads and related is so-last-year
>>
>>64811606
I don't think he's actually saying something here. Isn't it just the lyrics reversed? I mean not the "hidden" lyrics. Half of my life you can hear pretty clear the whole second half of the song, and this just doesn't seem to be clear at all. I think you're overdigging it anon.
>>
>>64808220
These kind of comparisons are pretty lame, there's plenty of new sounds I'm heading arpund the album and I usually can't connect this album to any songs Radiohead has done before. Even the guitar sounds just totally new.
>>
>>64807104
Tinker Tailor's first two thirds remind me of Talk Talk, and Talk Talk is amazing
>>
>>64812196
I posted the original. Listen to the right stereo channel, it definitely is a reversed vocal, so the edit is the right way, and it really sounds like he's saying something. Might be overdigging, yes, but it definitely was recorded that way
>>
File: MarkMistake.png (135 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
MarkMistake.png
135 KB, 537x416
>>64812474
There are a couple little second long snippets here and there on the album that remind me of Mark Hollis work. It always feels great.
>>
>>64803399
Fuck off please. This love turn cold.
>>
>>64812572
When they start adding in more and more string parts in the the last third of Tinker Tailor, I think the track kind of goes downhill. I've always loved how Talk Talk/Mark Hollis knew exactly how much to add to a song to keep it compelling. It makes Tinker Tailor feel a bit overboard by the end. I still like the track overall though.
>>
FROM THE BASEMENT WHEN?
>>
File: 1417905549551.gif (4 MB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1417905549551.gif
4 MB, 250x170
>>64812790
>not from the haunted attic now that true love waits is on it
>>
JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST
DOOOOOOOOON'T LEEEEEEEEEAVE
>>
>>64803399
kill yourself my man

that song is gorgeous
>>
>>64804004
>kills the vibe
Tree fingers is a crucial transition and decompression moment bc the first four songs are emotionally intense. You literally can't skip it, or you don't get that feeling after you finish the album
>>
>>64803399
>I feel this often, goooooooooo
>strings in background with piano
Literally one of their best ever kill yourelf

Worst may be true love waits, all the emotion he had during the
>please don't leeeeeaaaaaave
In the live version is gone
>>
>>64803432
>>64803414
Definitely

>>64803399
Glass eyes is one of the best you tasteless faggot
>>
>>64803796
Decks Dark is my fav too friend.
>>
>>64803399

>The Present Tense
>Daydreaming
>True Love Waits
>Burn the Witch
>Ful Stop
>The Numbers
>Decks Dark
>Identikit
>Glass Eyes
>Tinker Tailor
>Desert Island Disc

that said, honestly all the songs except for Tinker Tailor and Desert Island Disc could pass for the best song.
>>
>>64810810
>YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME
>THE GRASS GROWS OVER ME
best moment
>>
>>64806387
I'm going to be that guy:
listen to ok computer
Listen to kid a, THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH. That second part is crucial. Have fun and enjoy the ride
>for max experience don't listen to any Kid A songs before album
And don't fucking skip or play them out of order
>>
Reminder that Present Tense is one of the best songs Radiohead have ever recorded
>>
>>64813531
nearly right pham, but it's actually

>The Numbers
>Ful Stop
>Burn the Witch
>The Present Tense
>Decks Dark
>Desert Island Disc
>Daydreaming
>Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief
>Glass Eyes
>Identikit
>>
Identikit.

Sounds like fucking second tier Bloc Party.
>>
>>64810939
His vocals on that song remind me of OK Computer.
>>
>>64813621
>>64813631

the fuck is wrong with you the choirs on identikit are awesome
>>
is identikit the most divisive song?
>>
>>64813531
>ful stop not being #1

pleb
>>
>>64813715
Might just be contrarians trying to be cool, first day people were creaming themselves at how good identikit was
>>
The Numbers is the only not 10/10 song
>>
>>64803399
Memers... They never learn...
>>
>>64803399
I'm gonna have to say Burn The Witch is the the worst song. Never really was hooked to it. The rest of the album is real fine though.
>>
>>64803708
House of Cards is the best on In Rainbows you fucking scrub. And Treefingers is great too
>>
File: 1462794861200.png (389 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1462794861200.png
389 KB, 431x450
>>64813435
>thinks desert island disk is worst
>calls someone tasteless faggot
>>
>>64813796
I never liked Identikit. I'll admit the album version is okay and fixed the problem of the early live cuts sounding like Thom and Ed singing two different songs at the same time, but the first part doesn't really do much for me, and the second gets a bit silly with the falsetto choir stuff.
>>
>>64806254
I actually really liked the developed parts of TKOL and the great singles they released afterwards, imo Staircase, Supercollider and Bloom are amongst their best work. I wasn't expecting to get blown away by AMSP because I didn't know how they could top the relative complexity of their recent output, especially with the release of the singles; I was expecting something that'll stick around in my mind for a while like TMB with a couple of pretty good tracks. Have to say I completely underestimated Radiohead's capacity to surprise, I think this release is up there with In Rainbows and Kid A as their best. The sheer amount of textural detail in this is insane, they really heightened the emotional factor of the tracks. Feels like one of their most heartfelt, unhinged records, every moment on this felt genuine. It stacks up when you hear it next to their other releases, it sounds like they've matured in their abilities. TLW actually feels like a song that grew up 22 years, both versions are such strong indicators of their headspace at those respective points in their career. This album has a strangely beautiful kind of sense of closure to it, would be completely okay if this ties up their discography altogether.
>>
this is actually a pretty nice thread. some good discussion in here.
>>
>>64814086
Radiohead does have some great meme edit song potential
>(nice meme)
>shill to the moon
What you just said about memers... They never learn
And of course the new hit classic
>dark dicks
>>
>>64814292
> bit silly with the falsetto choir stuff
Oh man don't, just don't. I know that's a taste thing, but for me this choir does the song. It's just sooooo fucking groovy. And the guitar and those breakbeat drum samples, just aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.
>>
>>64814952
Ah, now i guess you meant not that choir that i mean. But still. I meant the choir that comes after the "broken hearts make it rain" part in your right channel.
>>
IIIN OUR DAAARK *DRUMS* EST HOURRRR
>>
Daydreaming is easily the worst track and I don't know how anyone could think otherwise
>>
>>64815822
b-but it's so pretty
>>
>>64814612
The perfect love letter to the past decade of their discog (more than a decade but still
>>
File: mono lake.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mono lake.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
>>64810866
fantastic, needs this n tha back th (the cover art is actually mono lake just in case)
>>
>>64815822
that ending part is on pair with pyramid song and htdc
>>
what the fuck kind of chords do they play in the left ear around 3:28 in Ful Stop? fucking orgasmic
>>
>>64815846
That's all it has going for it though, same as Codex. I don't hate the song, but every other song is so crazily better that it stands out in a bad way.
>>64815923
I like the ending, it kinda reminds me of Natural Snow Buildings but I personally don't think it compares to Pyramid Song or HtDC.
>>
>>64815846
Yeh it is. Don't worry, i like it too.
>>
>>64813631
>>64813712
I think is a adaptation from before your very eyes. listen carefully
>>
>>64813712
I know right? But taste is not e meme, it does differ from person to person.
>>
>>64816116
I just love all the little buzzy bell type sounds in it - very atmospheric. And when the melody goes from piano to electronic so seamlessly.

I see what you mean though. It's almost more like a mood piece than a super structured song, but that's why I love it.
>>
>>64816315
>>64813712
The fact that there is no real consensus over the best/worst songs shows that it's a strong album imo.
>>
>>64803399
Glass Eyes is fucking beautiful you pleb
>>64803414
Another great track
>>64803532
Fuck you those are some of the best songs on their respective albums
>>
>>64803414
>>64803421
>>64803432
>>64803532
>>64803708
>>64805253
Desert Disc is a fantastic track you mongs

>>64805548
Kill yourself my good friend. I'll supply the rope
>>
>>64816757
Agreed completely.
>>
Best moment on this album:
>AS MY WOOOORRRLLLDDDD
>COMES CRAAAAAASHING DOWN
>I'LL BE DANCING
>FREAKING OUT
>>
>>64816842
Agreed. I actually like how he sings that on the album more than the Latitude version (which used to be the Definitive Present Tense for me)
>>
>>64804552
How the fuck do you rip off a genre of music?
>>
>>64816920
Is it just me or does Thom look like he's about to cry during that Latitude performance? It's pretty heartbreaking.
>>
File: wew lad.png (94 KB, 242x279) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
94 KB, 242x279
>Glass Eyes
>worst track

>music has to be progressive in structure to be good
wew laddy
>>
Identikit is literally alt+j
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 254x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 254x332
>>64817793
W E W L A D
>>
i feel tha same, i just don't get it, the melody is nothing special, plus the song is too folky, slow and boring
>>
>>64818813
but the lyrics...
>>
File: TRA_1_TR8MONO2_NOTRE_0108.jpg (29 KB, 450x305) Image search: [Google]
TRA_1_TR8MONO2_NOTRE_0108.jpg
29 KB, 450x305
>>64803564
decks dark
>>64815894
now that shit cover art makes sense
i like it more now
>>
I love this album lads :')
>>
>>64819816
me too :)
>>
the numbers is the worst

not saying much though
>>
>>64805253
I really like the synths in the background of desert disk, reminds me a lot of OK computer.
>>
>>64805708
I like BTW but I haven't listened to it once since downloading the full album because it just doesn't feel like it fits the album at all.
>>
Serious question. Has hating Radiohead become a meme on this board? I don't understand the bait threads for this album, it's really great.
>>
>>64823761
Honestly despite the bait (or legitimately critical) threads, I'm actually surprised by how positively this album has been received here. There was a lot of hate the day Burn the Witch first dropped, but it's not nearly as bad now as I thought it'd be.
>>
>>64810508
I used to play that song on the piano a lot. Now I find that the chords are very sparse compared to the guitar version. Nevertheless, fucking amazing closer though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.