[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people here like Radiohead, aren't you supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: radiohead1.jpg (19 KB, 396x320) Image search: [Google]
radiohead1.jpg
19 KB, 396x320
Why do so many people here like Radiohead, aren't you supposed to listen to "patrician" music? You share the same taste with Reddit and RYM.
>>
File: kelso-burn.jpg (29 KB, 601x350) Image search: [Google]
kelso-burn.jpg
29 KB, 601x350
>>
>>64803058
The most reddit thing you can do is like/dislike things based on other peoples opinions
>>
>>64803323

this.

Radiohead is patrician pop music. Disliking pop music on the basis of it being pop music is wholly retarded.
>>
Nah, I prefer staying a pleb. It's fun.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151106_0001.png (337 KB, 473x496) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151106_0001.png
337 KB, 473x496
>>64803058
>>
>>64803292
We know memes
>>
>>64803058
Oh my God. I didn't know the UNDESIRABLES listened to the same thing I do.
Time to drop everything, I must show everyone that my taste is unique and not influenced by people on the internet.
>>
>>64803058
there's a lot of 18 and youngers on this board so obviously there will be a lot of radiopleb fans.
>>
>>64803058
Being this elitist

In all respect anon no one gives a shit what you think we should listen to. At the end of the day, your taste is your own, and believing that you're any better for your taste in music is bitterly retarded.
>>
patriciandom is a state of open-mindedness tbqh
>>
>>64803058
Patrician and "secret underground avant music" are not interchangeable

Radiohead is the result of a popular band releasing music that appeals to both their fans and critics. Other examples of this are Beach Boys, The Beatles, etc....
>>
I'm kinda glad the "patrician" "pleb" meme started dying
>>
OK so obviously you newfags don't know what patrician is

Patrician is NOT just liking whatever you like. That leads to Montie and that is the pinnacle of pleb.

Patrician is BEING OPEN MINDED and trying many different kinds of music, with THOUGHTFUL opinions on said music. Ideally you should genuinely like a little bit of everything if you are patrician.
>>
>>64803058
I'm not going to apologise for liking Radiohead.
>>
when i was just a young lad, i heard /mu/ liked radiohead
i came to /mu/ to try and affirm my thought that liking radiohead would just be a meme
i was shocked to find they genuinely worshipped the feet in which thom yorke footed
colour me surprised, /mu/
i still feel like this is an ellaborate meme many people are colluding about
>>
Yeah, well we like the Radiohead albums they don't like. Among our top ranked are Pablo Honey and Hail to the Thief.
>>
File: jej.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>64805282
>>
>>64803058
>Implying Radiohead doesn't deserve their respect
Even if you think they suck, they deserve respect for diversifying their discography into different sub genres.
>>
Because /mu/ grew up with radiohead
Nobody here views them with the close eye they criticise a band like the beatles with because they grew up with them and are inherently biased
>>
>>64803058
Radiohead has been /mu/core long before you started posting here kiddo. Now fuck off.
>>
>>64803058
music is subjective
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.