[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Radiohead over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 11
File: Radiohead Beyoncé.png (34 KB, 228x293) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead Beyoncé.png
34 KB, 228x293
Is Radiohead over?
>>
>>64798989
They've been since 1996.
>>
>>64798989
This angers me more than it should.
>>
>>64799083
You have to be a total shitlord if you hate Beyoncé.
>>
>>64799181
I don't hate Beyonce, she's a remarkably average pop star.
>>
>>64799188
Just like Radiohead is a remarkably bland rock group only fueled by nostalgia
>>
>>64799188
Really irks me how easy some users on /mu/ are baited.
>>
>>64799198
'no'
>>
>>64799198
What's bland about them?
>>
>>64799221
Just playing along tbqh
>>
>>64799236
Everything. Nothing stands out about them. I got into this argument 2 night ago as well.

All I'm going to say is Radiohead's new song sounds like Parachute era Coldplay. Which is some of the most bland and safest radio rock.

Nothing about them captures my attention and that's coming from someone who loves slowcore and ambient.
>>
>>64799181
blehhh muh feminist power black lives write me something good jewish writer plast it over some generic pop
>>
>>64799296
Explain to me how Ful Stop sounds anything like Coldplay.
>>
File: 1399343864596.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1399343864596.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>64799296
>Radiohead's new song sounds like Parachute era Coldplay.
>>
>>64799296
>Falls for the coldplay meme
>tries to be superior
I hope you are a master ruseman and not a spazzloid.
>>
>>64799335
He's baiting u bby
>>
>>64799181
your opinion brought to you by jay zs billion dollar marketing team
>>
>>64799335
Cuz it's like orchestral, yeah?
It's like... strings.. and guitars.... you know? It's like coldplay basically.
>>
>>64799351
Coldplay is trash too. Though.

>>64799335
>>64799345
I haven't listened to Full Stop and I couldn't even find a decent source for it on youtube. So let's just go off the singles.

I've listened to both of the singles and they both sound like B-Sides on Parachutes, especially Burn the Witch. Both of the soft backing tracks over strong hum ho vocals, seriously it screams Coldplay especially Daydreaming.
>>
>>64799417
Haha oh boy, please be a meme
>>
>>64799417
Nigga try harder to b8 please
>>
>>64799417
>I've listened to both singles
Opinion discarded
>>
>>64799431
>>64799428
I'm not baiting. I'm being honest Coldplay ins't for me. I think both albums aren't good but at the end of the day I'll choose Lemonade over Moonshaped.

That being said here's every polarizing option I have about Radiohead that seems to draw reactions because why not?

>Radiohead modern day dadcore
>Yes they sound just as washed up as coldplay
>That baing said they are better than coldplay
>Their only good songs are Fake Plastic Trees and Talkshow Host
>15 Step would be better if it was slowed down
>The best moments on In Rainbows are the intros
>Kid-A is one of the top 10 worst albums I've ever heard
>The best thing about In Rainbows is the cover art

Not baiting, but those are my honest to god polarizing opinions on Radiohead.

Like I said "rock" isn't for me, I like some but it's all niche I'm not into mainstream alt-rock, but to each their own. I can kinda get why people like this.
>>
>>64799492
I mean Talk Show Host is fantastic so at least we agree on that
>>
>>64799492
>The best moments on In Rainbows are the intros
>Kid-A is one of the top 10 worst albums I've ever heard
>The best thing about In Rainbows is the cover art

This is bait alright.

Time to pack up and go
>>
>>64799478
Why would you disregard someone's opinion on the singles?

Their whole point is to entice people to listen to the album, and if they don't entice someone why should they listen to the full album?
>>
>>64799417
how is this in any way bland?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX-fDKWGbRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2zjCXhiqbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFTLxkMmY4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcANFVcJeOM
>>
>>64799506
Kid-A is fucking trash, please stop lying to yourself just to full up you hipster punchcard
>>
>>64799503
>>64799506
>>64799511
>>64799519
God you're all fucking stupid. Makes me want to bait as well.
>>
File: 19523571_01-03.jpg (47 KB, 450x582) Image search: [Google]
19523571_01-03.jpg
47 KB, 450x582
>>64799527
>>
>>64799492
wow this is so bad im just not going to bother and will just leave you with a pleb - just stop
>>
>>64799492
wew lad
>>
>>64799519
I think you're confusing bland for generic.

It's unique but it lacks substance, it's just a soft guitar rift and some mumbled vocals every time.
Shit just doesn't do anything for me I'm sorry.

That being said I like the microbeats on Staircase.
>>
>>64799181
You're brainwashed
>>
>>64799575
>radiohead lacks substance
>>
>>64799575
I like your microcock
>>
>>64799596
I like your microaggression
>>
I don't get how lemonade is "better" desu
>>
>>64799575
>That being said I like the microbeats on Staircase.

I have the plebbiest friend who claims being into music but can't get into Radiohead. He says the only song he likes by them is Staircase. hmm funny.
>>
>>64799650
literally because it was made by a black woman

that album deserves a 6-7/10, but because she's black oh here have +1 in your score. oh, you're a woman? +2 in your score!
>>
>>64799417
>So let's just go off the singles.
F U C K Y O U
U
C
K
Y
O
U
>>
>>64799652
Honestly I don't care if you call me a pleb the only people who care about that are the ones who's only interesting facet if their overly pretentious and off putting music taste.

I know my opinion and music taste isn't /mu/ friendly I'm okay with that, I'd rather argue and talk about why I don't like something rather than just talk about thinks I like you can only compliment something for so long. I'm not here to impress people, I'd rather just have arguments and discussion about music.
>>
>>64799683
>black woman
Honestly, most of the time, I'd disagree but literally the only praise I have seen for lemonade is MUH BLACKNESS and nothing more.
>>
>>64799702

See: >>64799511
>>
>>64799734
Because A, two songs don't necessarily represent an entire album. And B, the songs make more sense within the context of the album. How difficult is this to get?
>>
It's about context dinguses.
Lemonade might not have been as good of an indie rock album as Radiohead, but for a pop album by a pop artist it was a daring departure from her norm and stands out as far different from the other pop albums of its time. If Beyonce was an indie rock artist and put this album out she'd get roasted. She's not, so putting her to those standards is just misguided. Radiohead put out an album in the indie rock community and in that context it's nowhere near as different or new.

I'm not saying I like Lemonade more, I don't. But if you're shocked as to why it would get better reviews you don't understand the concept.
>>
>>64799720
its okay if you don't like X band anon. but why keep feeding the fire? just understand theres something you dont get about Radiohead that we do and we will agree to disagree and thats it
>>
>>64799752
If someone doesn't like 2 songs what makes them think they're going to listen to a full album?

I'm not that guy but it's pretty obvious they don't like Radiohead but at least they gave it a chance and formed an opinion off of it, yeah sucks it may make their opinion less credible but that doesn't make it less true.

Seriously you're acting like a children. I disagree with most of that guys opinions but at least I can understand why he doesn't like Radiohead. It's not that hard to grasp.
>>
>>64799759
Not even, it's literally because she's a black woman. Of course they're gonna overhype her score
>>
>>64799759
This is so accurate that I'm sure nobody's going to pay attention to it.

Lemonade is a better pop album than Moon Shaped Pool is an indie rock album.
>>
>>64799759
I agree thats the case but music shouldn't be reviewed like that. Her album is good but its not really impressive at all. Its shitty that publications praise mediocre works because we hold their authors at a low standard.
>>
>>64799796
See why you say it like that you're implying that it's over my head, when it's not Radiohead isn't something to get it's generic alt-rock anon. Don't be dumb.
>>
>>64799836
I disagree. Like, I hate pop albums like Lemonade but if Beyonce sets out to do X, Y, and Z while Radiohead's trying to do A, B, and C, it only makes sense that Beyonce is reviewed based on how well she did X, Y, and Z as opposed to giving her a zero for not doing A, B, and C.

It's why numbered ratings are bullshit in my opinion. It makes people who don't understand the concept act like Beyonce is objectively being ranked higher than Radiohead. No. She's being reviewed well at what she sets out to do because she's good at doing those things. The numbers mean jack shit.
>>
>>64799759
>She has always done shit, but not her shit doesn't smell that bad, so it's actually good.
Damn, I wonder why normies have so low standards.
>>
>>64799855
>why you say it like that you're implying that it's over my head

cause it is. you just said that they dont make you feel anything and thats because you are not getting it. if it annoyed you or made you mad then okay but you are not processing whats happening in the music. look, go listen to the /mu/core chart and then we can talk about it, ok?
>>
>>64799872
I don't see anything daring and new in lemonade tbqh
>>
>>64799804
I have no problem with him disliking Radiohead, and I have no problem him with him refusing to listen to the album because happens to dislike the two singles released. I do have a problem with him comparing the band to Coldplay because there's a piano in one of their songs and strings in another. He's forming an opinion of the band's entire work based off a very small selection of music.
>>
>>64799872
We can agree to disagree then. Genres are not definitive and so the standards by which they are scored are going to be different for everyone.
>>
>>64799905
>you just said that they dont make you feel anything and thats because you are not getting it. if it annoyed you or made you mad then okay but you are not processing whats happening in the music.

Just becuase I don't feel anything when I listen to it doesn't make my opinion any less valid. Implying I wasn't actively listening to the songs while engaging myself in the music video. Like I said I just don't enjoy it stop acting like Radiohead is anything more than surface level alt-rock.
>>
>>64799256
>I love pretending to be retarded!

Really makes you feel smart, huh ?
>>
>>64799198
Edge
>>
>>64799905
>hes defending beyonce
black detected they cant appreciate radiohead its not how they grew up all they think about is whats in front of them big bootys and money they can never understand the inner struggle of life without purpose dehumanization of technology and how futile life is because we all die in the end
>>
>>64799939
anon is trolling you tripfriend
>>
>>64799923
From a pop music perspective. She's overtly political, which is something that she's always shied away from in her music, she brings in dub and alt rock influences as well as a small hint of psych. For her, that's a pretty big shift from what her usual sound is. The songs all stand out compared to the average top 10 generic club hits on the radio because Beyonce is generally one of the better pop artists currently active.

Don't misread this as me defending Lemonade or liking it. I don't. I think it's derivative bullshit and I fucking hated every second of it. I'm just able to be objective and see why it would be fair to call it a great pop album despite not personally seeing the value in that.
>>
>>64799939
I've listened to Kid A The Bends and In Rainbows.

Trust me it isn't just two songs. I just don't like radiohead, I've tried many times to get into them.
>>
>>64799992
Dude I've spent this whole thread bashing Beyonce but get your ass back to /pol/ you waste of space
>>
No. Meta should be tho. Anyone who still believes they actually take all reviews and give a score instead of just pushing shit they like is a dummy. Most of the math doesnt even add up in their scoring and usually they'll leave out certain reviews that don't agree with their standpoint.
>>
>>64799198
this
>>
>>64800008
That's fine. They're not fucking Coldplay, though. Fine me a Coldplay song with plucked discordant staccato chords like in Burn the Witch. Find me the Coldplay song that builds as subtly as Daydreaming. It's a dumb, shallow comparison.
>>
>>64800001
yes but why overrate it? if you want to have a good voice as a critic you want to recommend the best stuff out there. if "objectively" speaking lemonade is a 6/10 compared to the best stuff swans or radiohead or whoever have made but its a 9/10 relatively speaking when compared in its genre then you are gonna have radiohead and swans fans mad at you because, eventhough its a good album, they dont derive a similar amount of enjoyment from it. so I just think that rating things based on "what you think" they are aiming for is ridiculous
>>
>>64800075
This.
I don't care for Radiohead nearly as much as the average /mu/ plebs do and I think nostalgia drives a lot of it. If you had a Radiohead phase that turned you onto the music you're into now then I respect why Radiohead would have a special place for you. Radiohead wasn't that band for me. People who really think Radiohead is the best band of all time just need to grow out of it. They're fine. They're just fine.

That said, if you're going to argue that bands like Coldplay or Muse who blatantly just steal other bands' sounds to make dull, heartless cash grabs of albums are at all on the same level of Radiohead, you're objectively wrong.
>>
>>64800027
if this song dosnt effect you in anyway you dont get radiohead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_NvVMUcG8
>>
>>64800139
whats your favorite band anon?
>>
>>64800075
I think you're just offended by the comparison really

I don't even listen to Coldplay desu, but I'm not going to pretend like they weren't the first thing I heard.

Radiohead and Coldplay sound super similar you can ask anyone it's a super common comparison as well if I'm not mistaken
>>
Absolutely not. Beyoncé got bonus points for being black and a woman so at least Radioheads score is genuine.
>>
>>64800154
god I love this song so much. eveythings perfect
>>
>disliking lemonade

UGH white bois....

When will they learn???? ~_~
>>
>>64800172
they sound similar but they are far from the same radiohead are far more interesting
>>
>>64800207
how would we really know if we dislike it if we are not allowed to listen to it :^)
>>
>>64800091
That's the thing, there is not "objectively" speaking.
If Lemonade set out to make a series of catchy pop songs with a variety of production methods that makes it stand out from other collections of catchy pop songs, and it does this well, then it succeeded at its intentions. It would be completely idiotic to rate it at 6/10 and say "Swans is better."

I'd say if you want to have a good voice as a critic, don't give it a number rating. Just write a review where you explain what the album does, how well it does it, who the album would be good for and why. For the kind of people Lemonade was made for, it IS a 9/10 probably, but when you put that number down you'll get a horde of enraged manchildren saying "But THIS album only got a 7/10 and it did THIS stuff better."

It's not that complicated. There is no across the board objective way of rating music. A Beyonce fan would probably give your average Swans album a 0/10 because it isn't catchy and fun and by your standards of rating music they'd be right. You can't rate all music on the same standards. It's just not how the music's made. If we ever had a world where that was how it worked, you'd better believe the pop fans would win and Beyonce'd keep a 9/10 while Radiohead would be getting <5/10 scores. You don't want it.

Choose to read reviewers you agree with. Read the reviews instead of looking at the number alone. Stop caring about whether an album you don't like got a better number than an album you did. It's immaterial.
>>
>>64800172
The reason it's a common comparison is because Coldplay's early work was heavily inspired by Radiohead's early work. It's like hearing a Beatles song and saying "meh, sounds like Oasis to me." It's fucking backwards.
>>
>>64800189
perfect song for the modern age imo
>>
>>64800221
I mean if given a choice I would pick Radiohead but they're both bad, boring, and generic to me
>>
File: ziggy peacoat.jpg (95 KB, 548x530) Image search: [Google]
ziggy peacoat.jpg
95 KB, 548x530
>>64800167
That's hard. David Bowie is my Radiohead, he's the artist that I had my middle school-high school phase with. For that reason I usually just say David Bowie, especially with normies. I'm really into Coltrane and Mingus, Swell Maps, and Sadistic Mika Band. If I had to pick a number one favorite band, it's still probably Bowie out of that same sense of nostalgia and sentimentality. That's favorite though, I'd never argue he's the best musician who ever lived.
>>
>>64799181

poptimists pls leave
>>
>>64800154
Why are you telling that to me?
Did you reply to the wrong post?
>>
>>64800275
have coldplay written anything so dynamic and epic as this or could they
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF8khJ7P4Wg
>>
File: 1462885847992.jpg (34 KB, 468x348) Image search: [Google]
1462885847992.jpg
34 KB, 468x348
>>64799492
I like how no one has given an actual retort to your point, but have all been screaming "bait xdd" Really shows the age group for Radiohead.
>>
>>64800315
thought you where the same guy idk ive lost whos who desu
>>
>>64800329
Nah, Radiohead fans range from middle schoolers just getting into being pretentious assholes to forty year old men who still think Radiohead is relevant, it's not an age thing it's a maturity thing.
>>
>>64800329
>>64800355
Are you gonna post the metacritic copypasta or what?
>>
File: 1447511594354.jpg (60 KB, 532x604) Image search: [Google]
1447511594354.jpg
60 KB, 532x604
>>64798989

Radiohead is my favorite band ever but I'm sorry, Lemonade is better than AMSP.
>>
>>64800329
>>64800355

why are you so dedicated into trying to make people not like something? I am listening to Radiohead right now and Im loving it and you are not gonna change it with your trolling
>>
>>64800329
>>64800355
Radiohead is one of those bands that doesn't really have a type of listener. It's everyone from pretentious high schoolers to Lady Gaga to 40 year old music critics to Miley Cyrus to Bjork.
>>
>>64799492
Cuck confirmed.
>>
>>64800329
To be fair that's how any fan group is when people dislike their music.

But nobody has really listened to my points either, I gave why I didn't like the band and said what I did like about them. It's pretty obvious why I don't like them.

>>64800325
Paranoid Android is an awful song out of all the Radiohead songs I've listened to this is one of my least favorites. That being said you post reads like bait. And I don't care what Coldplay makes they're awful radio pop now, at least Radiohead stayed true to their roots.
>>
>>64800421
If you think radiohead is good you're the real cuck my friend. Rock and guitar music is whiney white people music to be honest to be honest.
>>
>>64800294
How fucking old are you?
>>
>>64800444
>Rock and guitar music
I thought we were talking about Radiohead
>>
guys, can you stop baiting? the trolls got pretty obvious after 3 posts
>>
>>64800469
They play guitars right? I thought they were rock or at least alt-rock
>>
>>64800461
Twenty two.
>>
>bunch of old racist white dudes making bleepity bloops while a stroke victim whines over top of it
>good

pick one
>>
>>64800495
Like 3 songs have guitars on the new album, and Kid A doesn't have a guitar until like the 6th track
>>
>>64800225
Everyone on /mu/ needs to read this and understand this but that'll never happen.
>>
>>64800519
>old racist white dudes
radiohead's racist?
>>
>>64799417
>especially Daydreaming

Daydreaming is an amazing arrangement. It's reminiscent of Philip Glass than it is of fucking Coldplay. Your opinion is of somebody that skims over the surface of music without taking the time to actually listen to it or even understand what is going on.
>>
>>64800532
Okay. That doesn't make it "good" though or change my opinion on them, also they play guitars on stage so guitar music.
>>
>>64799939
Kinda like basing an opinion about U2 on 1 song "Vertigo" or a animated parody of the band on Southpark. Kinda stings when it is aimed at your favorite nostalgia band doesn't it. Only reason a large portion of /mu/ so so heavy on RH's dick is because you listed to it when you were in your teen years and that was what you consider the most fun and care free time of your lives.
>>
>>64800593
yeah
>>
>>64800593
nah
>>
>>64799503
>>64799531
>tfw someone gets mad that you said you liked a song
>/mu/
>>
>>64800410
Yup, you're a teenager alright.
>>
>>64800616
Dude, fuck you. I don't base U2's entire discography off of even a single album of theirs. That's a complete strawman. And the notion that Radiohead is liked because /mu/ listened to them as teenagers is a ridiculous fallacy. Most people on /mu/ completely eschew the music they listened to before they started posting here, and are sort-of embarrassed at their extensive Muse and Tool collections. I don't mind you disliking the band, but there's no need to be this much of an insufferable prick about it.
>>
>>64800675
stop baiting please
>>
>>64800355
I don't think you'll find 2 many people over the age of 35 that really think RadioHead is anything special. They were before our time. Our (age 35 to 60) Radiohead was U2.
>>
>>64800616
Dude, the only band worse than U2 is Coldplay because Coldplay just tries to be U2.

Getting upset about hating U2 during a music fight is like trying to start a conversation about sports by saying "Losing teams should win, actually"
>>
>>64800692
40 year olds are the perfect age for OK Computer's heyday
>>
>>64800692
People over 35 like Hillary Clinton and get confused by computers, you can't trust people over 35.
>>
Where did this Radiohead is for kids meme start? They're basically dad rock now. The kids today are listening to Death Grips and Tame Impala.
>>
>>64800675
hit a nerve I see.
>>
>>64800692
You're past the age of 35 and still post on /mu/ and think you have an adequate understanding of your peers. That's depressing.
>>
>>64800745
Please refer to>>64799702
>>
>>64800730
I started "fixing computers at the "component level in 1985. Don't give that lack of technical skill BS.
>>
>>64800692
>I don't think you'll find 2 many people over the age of 35 that really think RadioHead is anything special
I know at least ten people over the age of 35 that like Radiohead. They're a pretty well liked band. This is coming from a guy who hates them.
Also I don't know a single person who legitimately enjoys U2.
>>
>>64800757
Oh my..I hit a whole bundle of nerves. I also have the maturity to not insult you or result to swear words.
>>
>>64800766
You messed up hitting the quotation mark keys on yer newfangled technobox, gramps. What a buffoon.
>>
>>64800785
And I know no one who really likes Radio head. so that really proves nothing
>>
File: 8 year olds.jpg (37 KB, 336x361) Image search: [Google]
8 year olds.jpg
37 KB, 336x361
>>64800692
>RadioHead
>>
>>64800793
Excellent job not addressing my actual post

D I V E R S I O N
>>
>>64800793
Lol Radiohead fans are children who don't know how to argue to be honest to be honest.
>>
>>64800807
Agreed. So it was stupid of you to say it.
>>
>>64800807
That's because you don't leave the house
>>
>>64800503
That explains it.
>>
>>64800807
You don't know anyone, period.
>>
>>64800824
Because "lol u mad" is such an expertly crafted argument, right?
>>
>>64800824
>>64800807
>>64800793
semfeg
>>
>>64800793
You're embarrasing yourself kid, just stop
>>
>>64800675
>Most people on /mu/ completely eschew the music they listened to before they started posting here.

The more you post the more I'm convinced you live in a bubble that's slightly self aware slightly not
>>
So I did. I didn't realize I was dealing with Jesus Christ on a anime message who has never made a typo in his life. I am humbled.
>>
>>64800835
Being twenty two explains not liking Radiohead?
>>
File: steve harvey laugh.jpg (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
steve harvey laugh.jpg
7 KB, 205x246
>>64800865
Gramps doesn't know how to reply to posts, get a load of this chompsky honk.
>>
>>64800868
No, being elderly explains not liking Radiohead, read the thread you fuck
>>
>>64800888
The only people who like radiohead are in middle school getting on the boar and 30+ year old all my friends are 19-20 something and none of them like Radiohead.
>>
your all fucking retarted
radiohead have nothing that the beatles didn't already do first
>>
>>64800862
I don't know if they're before your time, but "music you listened to before /mu/" threads were pretty common a few years ago
>>
>>64800868
No, it explains your basic argumentation skills and silly comebacks.
This whe thread is just you going 'Lol i dont like thing' for the sake of attention, but when you get called out you get condescending and can't actually defend what you believe.

Go home kid, you've embarrassed yourself enough already
>>
>>64800905
As the twenty two year old dude you were responding to in the first place, I'll just say that, like, 99% of my white friends love Radiohead and I am entirely in the minority. That said, they love Radiohead for the reasons I stated earlier: they've been Radiohead fans since they were young because Radiohead was super important to them then and they still have that special place for them. Plenty of people love Radiohead. I really really don't, that's all.
I wasn't trying to attack Radiohead, they're fine.
>>
>>64800915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RwvZSfLUXM
Can you please point me to the Beatles song that sounds like this?
>>
>>64800937
Dude, I don't know how I got roped into this, me asking why my being twenty two had anything to do with it was my first post since saying I was twenty two.

>>64800868
>>64800503
>>64800294
>>64800139

My posts.
And this one >>64800946
and the one I'm currently posting. That's it.
>>
>>64800947
well that intro is ripped straight from strawberry fields for a start
and the rest of it is just a cross between fixing a hole and octopus's garden
>>
>>64800946
>99% of my white friends
lel
>>
Where do you get your ratings?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8

THREAD THEME
>>
>>64800971
Oh.
Sorry.
>>
I actually liked Lemonade. But it's not a 93. It's a 7 at best.
>>
File: duhohoho.jpg (17 KB, 448x300) Image search: [Google]
duhohoho.jpg
17 KB, 448x300
>>64800971
Gramps doesn't know how to read threads, hoo buddy
>>
>>64799001
>1996
>OK Computer released 1997
Bait.jpg
>>
>>64798989
As a long time fan for years and years, who loves every single album they've released and has gathered every single b-side and unreleased track that he could fin, and, finally, as someone who absolutely loved AMSP, I really do hope this is their last album.

It'd be the perfect way to end an almost-perfect career. Besides the album just reeks of Endings, you know? It should totally be their last album.

Besides chances are their next one won't be nearly as good as their last three. I don't want to see them fall from grace.

(I do hope they end their career with a worldwide tour so that I can finally see them live at least once in my fucking life)
>>
>>64800329
>>64800355
Maybe there are some people listening to radiohead while reading his post and thinking "well I think he's pretty obviously wrong and I think he's missing out but he presented his point as an opinion and gave an attempt at modesty. To each their own."

But that'd be crazy. Fans of any group are only as good as the worst 4chan shitpost mentioning said group. That's a fagt.
>>
>>64800355
>who still think Radiohead is relevant
There isn't a single rock/alt rock band right now that's both critically acclaimed and relevant apart from RH.
>>
>>64802103
>>64800355
>relevant
Honestly though, what is this even supposed to mean? Relevant to music as an artistic medium, how they do or do not effect it's trajectory? Relevant in terms of music as a market? Relevant to your own personal tastes?

Also, why do people like Jay Z? What of his work should someone be familiar with?
>>
>>64802185
Relevant in terms that people still talk about them even when they haven't put out a recent album/about to release one.

Arcade Fire are acclaimed but they don't get twenty threads a day on /mu/ like RH.
>>
>>64799417
>cant find a decent source on youtube
>album came out sunday
b8 game strong
>>
>>64800075
>plucked discordant staccato
how the fuck can radiohead fans be so annoying
>>
>>64802697
>"I don't know what that means"
ftfy
>>
>>64802697
Out of curiosity, how should he have defined that concept? I doubt you could be more concise.
>>
>>64799511
A knife up under the breastplate, friend.

I'm in general agreement here. At their best, RH have provided some truly great stuff. But if the latest singles are what they're heralding a new release with, then they really have mislaid their inventiveness. Daydreaming is a durge in the worst sense. Harmonically indistinct, maudlin, no magic, ambling, little development, solipsistic.

All RH albums have a 'slow' track and they mostly have somehting special about them. But not this one.
>>
File: costanzasoft.jpg (144 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
costanzasoft.jpg
144 KB, 500x628
>>64798989
>comparing glorified exotic dancer with group of musicians
>>
>>64799872
So you're saying that the numbers don't decide? Is the system a lie?
>>
>>64802103
Arcade Fire, though they haven't garnered as much of a legacy. Spoon's in the same boat. Both are over a decade old, though. I don't know if we'll have another new band of that calibre anytime soon.
>>
>>64799181
You're a corporate shill and should kill yourself
>>
>>64802227
Relevant on /mu/ does not equate to relevant in general. Arcade Fire are very relevant, though they don't have the cult following of Radiohead.
>>
>>64802990
I think, and I could be wrong, that he was saying radiohead fans are annoying because of how insufferable they get about technical prowess over anything else. Like with Queen fans, they act like disliking the band inherently means you don't understand the intricacies of their musical skills when in actuality, having technical skills does not make you an interesting songwriter.

I love Radiohead but I agree about that aspect of Radiohead fans. I'm really into jazz and music theory and Radiohead fans are way more pretentious about how clever and complex Radiohead is when they're really only moderately better than your average alt-rock radio band in that regard.
>>
>>64799492
>rock isn't for me
What do you like other than pop then?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x574
>>64798989
yep
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.