[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone just not get exited or enjoy music anymore? Like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1461815179020.jpg (78 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1461815179020.jpg
78 KB, 444x460
does anyone just not get exited or enjoy music anymore? Like a few years ago if I listened to an album, I'd enjoy it, I'd learn every song by name, I'd probably pick up all of the lyrics after a few run through. Now if I listen to an album, it's like I'm forcing myself. I won't remember even 10% of it, I'll get bored, I wouldn't be able to hum the tune and sometimes I don't even recognise songs I know damn well I've listened too. How do I make music fun again?
>>
>>64798346
I enjoy reading and watching reviews. it's better than wasting 40 minutes
>>
>>64798346
give it time, do something else, and dont worry about it. sometimes you just have to find an album that really moves you for you to remind you how much you love music. it has happened to me several times. I actually stopped listening to music last year because I simply was not getting enjoyment from anything. last month OPN clicked for me and went back into listening to music like I used to.
>>
>>64798346
>>64798441
this. i was in a funk for a while but recently ive started listening to boards of canada again and their music has reinvigorated my love
>>
>>64798346
leave that goat alone you dickhead
>>
>>64798503
I like this picture because I have so many feels with this damn goat. It's like having a friend
>>
>>64798346
You should at least name the albums in question

My 2 cents: I was long annoyed about not being able to get into p4k core. Around 2014 I realized I've had enough of their bullshit and decided I was sick of indie/punk/whatnot.

So I went on binge listens. Started with Guns N' Roses, then Def Leppard, Billy Idol, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Dio, AC/DC…

And I must say, fuck that p4k shit. All they are is a bunch of ideologists. We had great music which actually made one feel joy and energy, with great melodies and elaborate production.

From 1980s to around 1998, record industry was at its peak. After it, music has only been getting worse because the sales plunged. Now music is a viable career only for people who literally can't do anything else. Rock is dead, album is dead. So do yourself a favor and try to steer clear from 99% of recent releases.
>>
The older I get the more I find myself just listening to individual tracks rather than full albums, and I'm listening to fewer albums too
>>
>>64798346
do other things, deepen your life in other ways. you're burning out the same synaptic connections. you need to branch out and enrich your life experience... just have more experiences in general, bring some romance and memories in. that will give music a new life

going all fanboy/trivia about it doesn't matter, like rating it or remembering names of songs. just continue to find the right music for your life and let it become the meaningful soundtrack for good experiences and memories and relationships
>>
>>64798645
this is some exquisite pasta
>>
>>64798566
I.. totally understand
>>
>>64798706
I wrote it just now. Google it if you don't believe me
>>
Dig deeper.
>>
>>64798645
a few years ago I was just getting into music so it was like Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Queens of the stone age, Nirvana generic "I'm sooo unique" shit. Nowadays I mostly listen to downtempo / trip hop, Aphex / Autechre / Squarepusher type shit, Jazz rap and some faggy synthpop.
>>
>>64798679
Exact same thing for me.
>>
>>64798346
That happened to me around the age of 18. /mu/'s helped a bit in terms of recapturing the feel (without wanting to meme, ITAOTS really is the closest I've got to feeling like an excited teenager again), but I don't think I'll ever really get it all the way back.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.