[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you listening to right now? What would you rate it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: homepage_large.8b1f0d01.jpg (53 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.8b1f0d01.jpg
53 KB, 319x319
What are you listening to right now? What would you rate it? I'm listening to pic related, because my ears hurt and jazz is the only thing that doesn't feel like rape. I still don't feel like I fully appreciate jazz though, anyone who's into jazz know what to do? Just listen more?
>>
File: adfi - cover 2016.jpg (66 KB, 489x484) Image search: [Google]
adfi - cover 2016.jpg
66 KB, 489x484
>What are you listening to right now?
pic related

>What would you rate it?
it's only my first listen but it's good. probably better than good. can't tell yet.

>anyone who's into jazz know what to do?
watch some docs, read some articles, lurk some jazz forums.
>>
>Just listen more?

yeah, basically
>>
>>64797329
Keep listening and you'll 'get it' after a while. Try focusing on individual instrument parts
>>
File: image.png (856 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
856 KB, 640x1136
>>64797329
I don't rate music out of 10 because I think slapping a number on to music ruins it. I was just listening to this though.
>>
Participating in and playing jazz will help you appreciate the genre more than taking advice from /mu/ core jazz recs
>>
>>64797492
Getting advice from /mu/ about any genre is stupid. Most people would rather fight and shit on you than actually have a decent discussion.
>>
>>64797329
Keywords: Interplay and improvisation.
Stick to fewer albums. Try to pay attention to each instrument and how each one "dances" according to the others and to the main focus (melody). That worked for me, and my first record that really 'clicked it' and I couldn't stop listening to jazz since then, was Maiden Voyage. Also, be aware there are tons of subgenres of jazz, and not every single may appeal to you. Keep listening
>>
>>64797478
Oh I agree, I just feel like ratings bring better discussion, guess what I should have said is what's your opinion on it
>>
>>64797766
It's good. But I don't understand Jazz too well though.
>>
>>64797435
That album cover is really cool, how's the music? Also any reccs on jazz forums?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.